Personality Cafe banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm an ENTP and although I've collected quite a few things over the years, I can't say that I've ever taken much pleasure in doing so. Every few years I get the urge to get away from the things I've accumulated and live as simply as possible. I go through occasional purges and wonder what the hell I was thinking when I bought most of the stuff. I know this puts me at odds with many, many people who just love stuff and can't seem to get enough of it.

So the question is which types or temperaments are more likely to collect things.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
I love to collect for different reasons. One reason is that I really love variety. For some reason, I love the idea of having many of one type of item but in a different design. For instance, I collect stamps only because I love how each of them has a different design and look. I collect TGCs for the same reason.
One other reason that's kinda weird: I love categorizing things in different ways. I used to collect Yu-Gi-Oh cards, and one of my favorite things would be to organize them into different categories. I really like the variety, but I also love playing with those categories of organization.
Then maybe I'm just quirky, because I've had so many different 'collections' throughout my life and it's usually just random things. Rocks, beads, hair pins, miniatures, pencils, charms...many other things. lol

1 - 2 of 2 Posts