Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone here in college marching band? If yes, how do you like it? Are you a music ro non-music major? What are some of your best experiences with it? What should I consider when joining it?
I'm pretty well decided on joining, my only fear is that it won't be as good as my high school marching band days. As I'm sure many of my fellow band geeks would agree, marching band is a really fun experience and there are few things that can be more fun than a really fun band camp.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I heard the college marching band I was going to was pretty crappy. Decided not to join. I agree with you on the fun highschool marching band experience tho.

·
Registered
825 Posts
No marching band at my college, but I ended up being too busy to join pep band or wind ensemble. It wasn't part of my major either and studying for college really sucks up a lot of your time.

I have friends were were in USC's marching band. They did a lot of travelling, but it seemed really time consuming because of how popular their football team was. The travelling definitely sounds appealing, but I had a difficult time managing my time in college. I don't really regret not being a part of music in college, but maybe if I attended a school that had more popularity in it, I would have changed my mind.

But.. I didn't like USC's marching style. Straight leg march FTW. They didn't get priority registration either. :p

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But.. I didn't like USC's marching style. Straight leg march FTW. They didn't get priority registration either. :p
I have to admit, USC has one AWESOME drumline. I could forgive the straight leg just for the sake of being in the drumline! But...I'm not that good! :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts