Personality Cafe banner

Which of the following would you rather have colonized/constructed?

• Mars

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • The Moon

• An asteroid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A Space Station (not in earth's orbit)

• Europa

• Titan

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Ceres

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Ganymede

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 3 20.0%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For Humans to reach the space age and effectively become a space faring species obviously we will need to set up colonies on other planetary bodies. In the absence of any habitable Earth like planets in our own solar system or local bubble, the only reason we would set up a colony on another planetary body is for research or resources.

Currently there are a few people are excited about the prospect of Mars being colonized. What planetary body would you want live on or have colonized? What are your opinions on extra-terrestrial colonization?

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,241 Posts
i wanna experience getting trapped in a time dialation field.

i wanna see other people getting older faster than i and dying out.

have you ever wondered how life would be like from the eyes of a turtle? having to outlive humans and all....

then there's dogs and cats where they die wondering why their owners haven't aged much... damn humans.

·
Registered
4,792 Posts
anything other than the moon. I'd hate for something to go wrong and the natural satellite that we depend on so much be destoyed or something...

·
Registered
915 Posts
None, humans are cosmical waste.

Reactions: Wolfrahm

·
Registered
69 Posts
OTHER - In my opinion and following alternative media and videos, whereby I have a big analytical power, I believe we are fooled by a kind of an elite to know one thing : They are already on the moon, mars and on some moons of saturn.

Is it okay I have a different opinion ? I had shocking life experiences too, now seen : It's a gift. Lara

·
Registered
290 Posts
If we can setup a set of space stations orbiting around the solar system, that can serve as infrastructure for storage, food, water, oxygen, medical supplies, etc.

For example, suppose a mission goes to Mars. They are on their mission heading there or already there. Meanwhile, people on Earth rocket supplies to station around earth, then around the moon, then around Mars. At the mars space station, the supplies are sent down.

This eliminates the wasted energy and time of supplies entering or exiting a planet/satellite. Everything is just around orbit.

Suppose a Mars mission has enough supplies for 3 months. Maybe we could even rocket more supplies to them to extend their mission without needing to send another mission after them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts