Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any colorblind ISFPs out there? How has being colorblind affected your outlook on life? Or hasn't it? If you aren't colorblind how do you think being colorblind would affect your outlook on life?

·
Registered
247 Posts
My ex boyfriend, who I'm 99% certain is ISFP, is colorblind.

He's in his mid-thirties, and he's been colorblind his whole life, so it's just something that he deals with, I guess. I mean, if you have never really *known* what royal blue looks like, would you really be missing out?

He can't distinguish blues from purples from most greys, and has difficulty with some of the red spectrum. It affects him in that he's a bit self conscious when picking out what to wear - most of his clothes are in the colors that he CAN recognize easily so that he can coordinate without anxiety. He is active in sports, and when his team's jerseys are close in color to the opposition he has to pay closer attention to the field, stuff like that. But, generally speaking, it hasn't affected his life in any significant way, at least as far as I could tell. Though he's accidentally bought things that he SWORE were blue, and then found out they were a very girly purple or lavender or some other color he didn't want, and it pissed him off. His favorite colors are the ones he can identify without any problems - bright oranges and yellows, and standard greens. But he dresses mostly in blacks and browns.

What ways would you think colorblindness might affect someone?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah interesting. Thanks. The reason for asking is with very high Fe, ISFPs seem to brood around the question of, "What's right, and what's wrong?". I was thinking that being colorblind might lead to some internal conflict such as maybe, "What I'm seeing isn't true. Then what is true?" But then I guess that leads to the whole, "What is reality?" type question. Anyway thanks for the input!

·
Registered
751 Posts
Ah interesting. Thanks. The reason for asking is with very high Fe, ISFPs seem to brood around the question of, "What's right, and what's wrong?". I was thinking that being colorblind might lead to some internal conflict such as maybe, "What I'm seeing isn't true. Then what is true?" But then I guess that leads to the whole, "What is reality?" type question. Anyway thanks for the input!
Ahh, now I see what you're getting at. It could lead to an internal conflict, but if we really think about it, color is only the result of the actions of our brains and retinas . If no eyes existed in the world, would anything be colored? It wouldn't be. So while I know that that's true, it doesn't put my at any more peace with the idea of a colorless world.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm a colour blind ISFP, moderate red green colour blindness which is the most common and not too difficult to deal with. Though I do struggle with what you said above. It can be annoying when describing things to others, and its terribly embarrassing to be corrected :( and wondering if the colours i choose really are a good match.

I usually just stay away from colours that confuse me, greens in particular.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts