Personality Cafe banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
University of British Columbia research has shown that when completing tasks on a computer screen, subjects would be affected by the color of the test's background. They did this test with two colors: red and blue, and noticed the following traits would be given a boost:
Red: Alertness Focus Attention
Blue: Relaxation Creative Thinking Long-term Planning

People with red backgrounds seem to me to have more of an S trait boost, and people with blue backgrounds have N traits boosted.
Does anyone know why this might be the case, or have any other colors that could affect (when seen) a person's type?

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
There are programs, like flux. Approaching the night, they mostly reduce the amount of blue color, displayed on the screen. Also, my monitor has "reading mode", it also greatly reduces blue. Less blue-ish screen basically calms us down, relaxes us, it's like it helps to be ready to sleep, or relax while reading.

As for people's preference for colors, I don't think there is a noticeable correlation between it and types.

Say happy birthday to @GIA Diamonds !

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not quite sure how that relates to what I posted. The question is more about how seeing certain colors can make us act more like S's or N's (for example) and is not talking about color preferences among types.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts