Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took an interesting quiz to see if I had any colour vision deficiency.
FM 100 Hue Test

Apparently I have perfect colour recognition. The lower the score, the better. I got a score of 0.

I thought it would be interesting to see if any of us had any problems with colour vision.
Also, are any of us colour blind?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Looking at that made me feel colorblind... I only attempted the first row because I got a bit bored, but my score was 783. Well, that was entertaining.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I got 20. Eventually, all the colours seemed to become one colour and I was just staring at a screen with no recognition of blues or greens or oranges or pinks or purples and it was weird.

Also, I notice that you spell colour correctly despite living in the US. As a Brit, that makes me glad.

Oh, and I went marginally stalker and looked at your profile. You should check out John and Hank Green. Youtube: Vlogbrothers, scishow and crashcourse. They're hilarious, and you'd be a nice addition to Nerdfighteria. DFTBA.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Got 23, it says that the highest score of my age is 1520... silly thing, not true.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got 20. Eventually, all the colours seemed to become one colour and I was just staring at a screen with no recognition of blues or greens or oranges or pinks or purples and it was weird.

Also, I notice that you spell colour correctly despite living in the US. As a Brit, that makes me glad.

Oh, and I went marginally stalker and looked at your profile. You should check out John and Hank Green. Youtube: Vlogbrothers, scishow and crashcourse. They're hilarious, and you'd be a nice addition to Nerdfighteria. DFTBA.
I noticed that as well.
Although, having done some research into the way colours work, I felt like I was confusing myself because colours look different when they're positioned next to different colours.

Why are Americans so lazy that they leave out the U? It doesn't make any sense. And the British spellings are just... better.
I've actually spelled it like this for quite some time, from reading books from British authors when I was younger.
My silly English teacher took off points for spelling "colour" with a U. >_<

Oh yeah, I did, I subscribed today! :D

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I got 40, but I do have trouble with colors... I may have some lacking color perception because I have never been good at these sorts of tests. I remember taking one test that tested for whether or not you could see numbers hidden in a jumbled mess of rather similar colors, and I simply couldn't with even the slightly harder ones (there was a circle of dots/tiles so that a number was written from a shape of contrasting colors, but I had such a difficult time telling the colors apart that I could hardly see the messages). I should take an official test to see if I'm at all colorblind or something; getting a 40 on this quiz took a lot of concentration and squinting.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Your score: 26

·
Registered
4,550 Posts
i got 7, my eyes started to hurt after a while. my problem areas were teal and lavender.

·
Social Pyromaniac
477 Posts
I scored a 3, which I thought was high, but I now feel pret-ay good.

Colors are one of those weird things that randomly make it painfully obvious that we are not all sharing the same reality. You haven't lived until you've gotten into a verbal altercation with someone over whether something is green, bright green, bright yellow, yellow, chartreuse, green chartreuse, or yellow chartreuse. Or the difference between taupe and beige.

I also had a friend who had trouble with the purple/blue distinction, especially with shades of purple. I used to tell him that he could never be on the bomb squad because the guy on the headset would instruct him: "There's a mauve wire and a dusky lavender wire. Cut the mauve wire" And he'd have a panic attack and choke under pressure.

As far as Americans spelling "color" "colour", you can spell it however you want, but I think it comes off as attention seeking and pretentious. It's the written equivalent of Madonna's British accent.

English is a language. It changes. Usages change. Meanings change. Spellings change.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts