Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doing a thought experiment here. So, bare with, bare with.

Do you feel different when the darkness sets in? When you are tired and the boundary between the realm of wakefulness and dreaming gets thinner? When the twilight of the two worlds is in your room?

I enjoy the way that time seems to slow down and the dark corner of my mind is closer. The night time is the only time that I can create anything new. Day time is too raw, too real; it's lacking that certain kind of spirit. At night, I live inside my mind (well, more than usual anyway). I can feel my thoughts and they are more real than the real. Who needs reality, if I can blow up cars with Janis Joplin?

Hmmm... What am I asking? Oh, please do describe your experiences; and at the same level of crazy I did! Open mic. :crazy:

Was this too crazy/strange? (leaps to safety) :unsure:

·
Banned
351 Posts
I rarely, if ever, have dreams. However, nighttime is when I do most of my daydreaming. It's comforting.

Reactions: Lachesis

·
Banned
511 Posts
This wasn't crazy. It seemed a bit emo/melodramatic if anything, but certainly not crazy!

I agree. I have a hard time creating in the daytime. I definitely work better when it is dark outside and throughout my house. I have really hypersensitive senses, especially sight and hearing, and I cannot stand too many lights on or a lot of noise. Everything quiets down at night and I can have maybe just a nightlight on or something, unless I need a low, 40w bulb to read by. I love it!

Also, my mood improves at night, as does my pain level.

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
There's some unexplainable feeling I get when it's dark. It puts me in a much more artistic mood, where I can just sit and stare at the surroundings when they're shrouded in darkness. It creates a chilling atmosphere, but I like that. I love to put on some dark ambient music and walk around outside in the middle of the night.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Usually night time comforts me unless I am overwhelmingly depressed.. It represents a different, forbidden, exciting side of Life.. A side I love very much and would never reject, but should never be lost in..

There are times when that darkness seems to stretch out forever.. it becomes more and more like home..
Fortunately, it can take a single dream to remind me that the light of day will always be there..

I might wander forever, but I am never truly lost. I can only ever experience a fear of being lost..
Though sometimes it is exciting to feel like I am lost and wandering through a maze..

I love the Balance more than anything.. As it shifts, I must struggle to remember to stay true to myself at all times or I will feel like I am walking across embers..

Sadly, I no longer feel safe to dance with the darkness. It would only hold me back at this time when I have work to do for the Light.. but I miss it terribly.. ;-; and someday I will find myself there again, I'm sure.. [even if it did hurt and scare me quite a bit recently.. ;-;]

·
Registered
246 Posts
Plz refer to "a clean well lighted place" by Ernest Hemingway.

Night is an interesting time I've come to realize. It's a time of introspection and fantasy, review and judgement. You meet parts of yourself usually hidden and memories you've tried to forget. Speaking for myself, my best moments have always come to me past the witching hour.

Perhaps, by that time of the day, we are tired with the concrete; bored with reality. Come night, away from society and its influences, the abstract can come out to play.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There's some unexplainable feeling I get when it's dark. It puts me in a much more artistic mood, where I can just sit and stare at the surroundings when they're shrouded in darkness. It creates a chilling atmosphere, but I like that. I love to put on some dark ambient music and walk around outside in the middle of the night.
We all should have portable darkness for daytime creativity.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Usually night time comforts me unless I am overwhelmingly depressed.. It represents a different, forbidden, exciting side of Life.. A side I love very much and would never reject, but should never be lost in..

There are times when that darkness seems to stretch out forever.. it becomes more and more like home..
Fortunately, it can take a single dream to remind me that the light of day will always be there..

I might wander forever, but I am never truly lost. I can only ever experience a fear of being lost..
Though sometimes it is exciting to feel like I am lost and wandering through a maze..

I love the Balance more than anything.. As it shifts, I must struggle to remember to stay true to myself at all times or I will feel like I am walking across embers..

Sadly, I no longer feel safe to dance with the darkness. It would only hold me back at this time when I have work to do for the Light.. but I miss it terribly.. ;-; and someday I will find myself there again, I'm sure.. [even if it did hurt and scare me quite a bit recently.. ;-;]
Interesting description. I sometimes wonder, if it's possible to get lost in the darkness and never come back; or would that just mean that I've lost my marbles and gone la-la.

Yes, it feels like home, doesn't it.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I have more energy at night. I think it's because their are less people around or darkness is less revealing so it's more comforting or something. My thoughts are deeper at night as well and I stay up late after feeling sleepy. Doing anything at night is better until you have to wake up early the next day.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm definitely addicted to night time. It makes me want to run around outside naked or scream really loudly or sit in my room and have my own private concert. I always feel more open and fresh at night. When I don't have school I usually end up sleep most of the day and staying up till dawn.

·
Registered
17 Posts
At night, I usually have two thoughts. First, fear of my future and death. Or expectations of my life and tomorrow. I define my status by this. First case is called 'sad', and second is called 'happy'. I don't know how this works. Whenever I felt fear at night, I was always sad that day. I don't know if you agree with this, but It was really accurate for me!

It is well known that in dream your unconscious thoughts are reflected. I don't know if there really exists meso-state between our dream and consciousness, however, I think our unconsciousness reflected also in night, not in dreams. So, it means that we can listen to our unconsciousness without analyzing our dreams.... what a discovery!!

·
Registered
509 Posts
I love the feeling on some of the posts here. ^^
But I've been always a daydreamer.
I love the morning, I love its energy. I love the sense of infinite possibilities a bright morning always gives me. I love the summer time, when the sun sets late.
Twilight is always a melancholy moment, then the soothing night comes.
Night is a time of rest. A time for clearing my mind and let it wander with unclear thoughts.
Maybe I'm conventional in this matter, but I really dislike resting at morning and working at night.

Reactions: Lachesis

·
Registered
649 Posts
Doing a thought experiment here. So, bare with, bare with.

Do you feel different when the darkness sets in? When you are tired and the boundary between the realm of wakefulness and dreaming gets thinner? When the twilight of the two worlds is in your room?

I enjoy the way that time seems to slow down and the dark corner of my mind is closer. The night time is the only time that I can create anything new. Day time is too raw, too real; it's lacking that certain kind of spirit. At night, I live inside my mind (well, more than usual anyway). I can feel my thoughts and they are more real than the real. Who needs reality, if I can blow up cars with Janis Joplin?

Hmmm... What am I asking? Oh, please do describe your experiences; and at the same level of crazy I did! Open mic. :crazy:

Was this too crazy/strange? (leaps to safety) :unsure:
I love you. Yes. Night is amazing. I don't know if I'll be able to explain it much better than you but yes. Night time provokes such a mysterious beauty and a surreal feeling in me. I become more awake and alive and things become much more.... fascinating .. perhaps cause I can't see them xD. ANd no it wasnt too strange or crazy YA POOP. it was awesome.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I love you. Yes. Night is amazing. I don't know if I'll be able to explain it much better than you but yes. Night time provokes such a mysterious beauty and a surreal feeling in me. I become more awake and alive and things become much more.... fascinating .. perhaps cause I can't see them xD. ANd no it wasnt too strange or crazy YA POOP. it was awesome.
Aww. To be honest, I had trouble describing that night feeling. Perhaps words can't give it attributes, just brain doing the trickery: dopamine levels and all that jazz.

Films have dramatically lit rooms. Lone detective waiting for the phone to ring in a dark room. Maybe there's something primeval in the dark.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I love the feeling on some of the posts here. ^^
But I've been always a daydreamer.
I love the morning, I love its energy. I love the sense of infinite possibilities a bright morning always gives me. I love the summer time, when the sun sets late.
Twilight is always a melancholy moment, then the soothing night comes.
Night is a time of rest. A time for clearing my mind and let it wander with unclear thoughts.
Maybe I'm conventional in this matter, but I really dislike resting at morning and working at night.
It's so seldom when I have that morning buzz. But I love it though when it happens. Summer nights are even more magical. Especially with a cool breeze.

·
Banned
361 Posts
I love the night. Walking among the leafless trees on fresh fallen snow while the light of moon illuminates your breath and the silent landscape - That's what I'm talking about!

Sadly, my real life requires that I sleep most of the night. I have to savor the precious few moments at night, after the rest of my family falls asleep and before I succumb to the weariness of a long, responsibility-filled day.

·
MOTM June 2012
9,333 Posts
Ahhh, the night! It's where I come alive! There is so much possibilities with the night. I am more creative, more at peace with myself. The best thoughts and inspirations come to me at night. Plus there is quietness, when everyone is alseep. I also feel like I'm ahead of the game because while people are sleeping I am up dreaming, getting things done, creating. I am alive!

Plus, the night is when the parties happen! The night is a breeding ground for romance, for sensuality, for lust. There is allways the possibility of adventure! There's a dangerous aspect to it, but while it is scary at times, it is exciting and exhillerating. It's when the only light is the soft light of the moon, where you can dream and look up at the stars in wonder. Even watching the streetlights create little pools of light on the dark street is beautifull -especially after a rain.

And yet for me there is also a deeper spiritual aspect to it. It symbolizes pain, it is like a mirror of my own inner darkness. It reminds me of my struggles and sorrows./ But when life was the darkest for me, when I had a Dark Night Of The Soul, that was when I really grew. My own darkness transformed me, and in a sense I am transformed every night because I allways carry that darkness with me, perhaps I am more in tune with it during the night. So for me the night holds equal beauty and the solemn reminder of pain.

But when I think of the greatest moments in my life, or the most difficult, or the most beautifull, they usually occur at night. I recall adventures, sneaking out past curfew as a boy, staying up all night with my friends, writing stories, songs. I remember vivdly the stars when I looked at them from the beach up north, and the moonlight glistening on the still lake. I remember her lips on mine, our bodies pressing up against each other, with the moonlight coming in through the blinds. I remember the parties and the long talks that went untill the sun came up. I remember the tears flowing while everyone was asleep. For me, the night is sacred. It is the reason I get through the day. The night will allways be a part of me.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Haha, props to you for digging this up. Must be something like my first threads. Wow, how time passes fast. It's classic me all right, pure dream world fuel this one is.
@KindOfBlue06 You have the darkness in your heart; you may pass.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I adore the night.

After the sun goes down, I'm just starting to feel like I'm waking up. That's when my real potential and creativity are unleashed, permitted to run rampant as the expectations of the day fade. The darkness brings a quiet veil of peacefulness and calm that allows my imagination to work in the way it prefers to. The day is for running around doing all the things we are "supposed" to do, the night is for living and doing what we were meant to do.

Have you ever watched one of your favorite movies(especially a dark or dramatic one) during the day? It just doesn't have the same feel to it. Something about the darkness does something to your body and mind that make them more receptive to certain moods.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts