Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Iron Fist
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I desperately need ideas for comfort food! And not the American fast version of fries and ice-cream..

What do you guys eat when you are down?

Recipes and Pictures are a plus~

·
Registered
498 Posts
Lasagna! World's Best Lasagna Recipe - Allrecipes.com
I could probably eat Mac'n'cheese all day: Chuck's Favorite Mac and Cheese Recipe - Allrecipes.com
Banana anything is grand, so I make banana bread every couple of weeks following this: Banana Banana Bread Recipe - Allrecipes.com
Chicken and dumplings always has my heart: Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings Recipe - Allrecipes.com
And my all time favorite, snickerdoodles! Mrs. Sigg's Snickerdoodles Recipe - Allrecipes.com

All recipes have been Waffle approved :D

·
Iron Fist
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lasagna! World's Best Lasagna Recipe - Allrecipes.com
I could probably eat Mac'n'cheese all day: Chuck's Favorite Mac and Cheese Recipe - Allrecipes.com
Banana anything is grand, so I make banana bread every couple of weeks following this: Banana Banana Bread Recipe - Allrecipes.com
Chicken and dumplings always has my heart: Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings Recipe - Allrecipes.com
And my all time favorite, snickerdoodles! Mrs. Sigg's Snickerdoodles Recipe - Allrecipes.com

All recipes have been Waffle approved :D
Thankyou, I'm going to start with the banana bread right now :happy:

·
Registered
498 Posts
That snickerdoodle recipe is the best! I pretty much make it weekly. I substitute the vanilla extract for 1/2 shot of rum. Less alcohol content, can drink as you bake, and I like the flavor it gives the cookies a little more ;D

As for the banana bread, I found that using 5 bananas is the perfect amount. It's really hard for me to not eat them ahead of time, though (I consume 2-4 per day as it is).

·
Banned
1,105 Posts
This thread is making me hungry. I don't have any recipes to link, so I'll just list.

Lasagna - When I could have it, I loved it. I miss it terribly.
French Onion Soup - There's just something wonderful about it.
Oatmeal Fudgies - Peanut butter and chocolate, what's not to like?

Reactions: starri

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I love any fruit in season in a pie/tart form. I recently made a plum tart that was a huge success, but the only picture I have is the before pic, and it looked way better out of the oven.

Crust - Mix 1 cup of flour, 1 tablespoon of sugar, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 tablespoon of vinegar, and 1/2 cup of butter in a processor

Roll the crust in a pie shell, and prebake for 10 minutes on 425 then lower to 350 for 5 minutes.

Filling - Process 6 tablespoons of butter, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1 egg, 1 egg yolk, 1 tablespoon of Cherry Brandy (kirschwasher), a handful of almonds, 2 cups of flour, and a teaspoon of cinnamon.

Cut about 10 small plums in half and remove the pits, and layer it on the prebaked pie crust. Drizzle on the filling until completely covered.

Bake at 350 for 45 minutes

Reactions: starri
4,757 Posts
Sausages and mashed potatoes
Beef stew with root vegetables

Reactions: lirulin and starri

·
Iron Fist
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
omg I love you guys!

Does that tart actually have a crust or something underneath?

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Yep, the tart has a crust underneath, but no crust on top. I prebaked the crust for 15 minutes before I added the fruit and filling (10 minutes at 425 than 5 minutes at 350). Making crust is the easiest thing if you have a food processor.

You could also substitute the cherry brandy for rum, plum liquor, almond/vanilla extract. (I just happened to have Cherry Brandy from the last time I made a blackforest cake).

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Personally I am pretty strict about my diet. I have always eaten the same things and diet has nothing to do with my mood. I think it's because I always ate the same things growing up as a kid. My mom always made the same stuff. If I am down I go for a walk, read a book, or watch some tv.

Pretty much what I eat at any time: chicken, fish, steak, fruit, vegetables, brown rice or quinoa. Pretty boring, I know. I do include ice cream from time to time though.

·
Banned
1,896 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Oatmeal with walnuts and cinnamon sugar,mmmmmm :happy:

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
kebab is heavenly :tongue:

·