Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,

It's been a long while since the last time I came to the forums. At the time I found this place to be very interesting and useful with all the information that can be learnt about personality in general. The community is excellent and a great place to discuss all sorts of subjects with the freedom and understanding they deserve.

I stopped coming here because this place had lost its novelty (blame the ISTP short attention span and inability to keep up once things lose their shiny status). That and the fact that I also needed a "real" relationship, so I forced myself out to socialize and rely less on this forum.

I've met a beautiful ISTJ girl and things with her are unlike anything I've experienced with any girl - ever. Sometimes there were conflicts but her solid rational thinking and ability to express things logically and sharply really made me go deeper into introspection and try to dig for new things. Turns out from the bunch of info I digested from the Internet, Me, at 31 years old of age just discovered I may have some traits of borderline personality disorder. Curiosity led me to a local psychologist to confirm the diagnosis. The psychologist said during the first 1h session that according to the conversation she believed I was not a serious "BPD" case but I had some strong traits in that direction. She advised to come visit her every week to help me work on my emotional side. I thanked her but decided that I would work on it alone..

Fast forward 6 months, I'm still together with this ISTJ girl. I told her about my erratic mood changes and told her about BPD. She still insists that in her view I don't relate much to it, but she never really took the time to read about it... She accepts me as I am and is uninterested to know why - I am fine with that. But I am still pretty confident I have some strong BPD traits and what I've read so far about it has helped me pay more attention to the triggers and not try to control the symptoms but accept them as they are and not make a big deal out of it.

Sometimes I am still sucked into a black hole vortex of depressive behavior which can last a few days, it is very emotionally and physically devastating and I'm still trying to figure out how to manage those since they can affect people I care about and my professional life too.

Anyone here with traits of BPD? How are you going along?

Merry Christmas and Happy new Year.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts