Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you sometimes come out too harsh when you're explaining things to other people?

I was surprised this morning to hear that some of my colleagues felt that I was yelling at them when I was giving them their instructions for the assignments. It's not the first time that this happens either.:unsure:

The thing is that I try to be as concise as possible so there's no room for misunderstandings (being an INFJ has taught me that most people don't see things as I do).

Do any of you have this tendency as well, or advice as how to speak more "softly"?

·
Banned
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I get excited, my intensity and volume increase. People mistake this as me getting angry sometimes.
Lol, yeah, I'm the same way. I also use my hands a lot when I'm talking about something passionately, people think that I'm about to punch them

Reactions: ertertwert

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I'm careful with my words but I have been told my facial expression and voice can be uninviting :blushed: So I make sure to change that before I start speaking. I'll practice in front of a mirror so I can memorize the feeling of a "happy" face :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts