Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find I don't often respect when people correct me about my belief because they do not try to replace it with a completely new stance with a thorough explanation on an issue, or at least prove mine wrong. Do you guys have this issue with people correcting you?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Person 1: 'You're wrong!'
Person 2: "Why?"
Person 1: 'Because that's how thing's should be done! This is the right way!'

Anyone would find that annoying. But it's ironic coming from a 1 who's most inclined to do something like that :tongue:.

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Person 1: 'You're wrong!'
Person 2: "Why?"
Person 1: 'Because that's how thing's should be done! This is the right way!'

Anyone would find that annoying. But it's ironic coming from a 1 who's most inclined to do something like that :tongue:.
People always do things for a reason. I don't think I've ever heard someone say "because it is just correct." I'll normally tell people "It is the way [a superior] said it was to be done. Have a problem with it argue to [the superior]." There are normally good reasons for rules to be in place. Anyone who doesn't use a fact based argument isn't looking to win it.

This raises a good point. 1s do have practical reasoning behind their desires, but there is a gravitation towards moral reasoning. 1s care about these moral issues enough creating resentment. Environmental sense of rightness is still moral, but a different brand.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts