Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's pretty self-explanatory, just post what commercials you currently hate. I personally hate the new Luvs diaper commercial with the crapping babies. It just grosses me out and it's slightly disturbing.

Also the Nationwide Insurance commercials with the annoying "World's Greatest Spokesperson".

·
Banned
3,725 Posts
Any kind of condom commercials. They are so uncalled for, and especially when I have to watch them when my parents are there too. Makes the situation a little awkward:dry:

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any kind of condom commercials. They are so uncalled for, and especially when I have to watch them when my parents are there too. Makes the situation a little awkward:dry:
Oh god that reminds me of those Girl Gone Wild commercials that seem to pop up everytime you're with your parents or grandparents. AWKWAAAAAAAAAAARD!

Reactions: Alaya

·
Registered
764 Posts
I don't like watching Red Lobster commercials. I really don't like anything that portrays the food/animal slave industry. Especially lobster. All I can think about is how they scream when they go in the boiling water and how they try to claw their way out in an attempt to survive. Its depressing. Its sad that so many people are brainwashed to not care. I got into an argument with my 70 year old ESTj grandfather over this after I refused to eat at a seafood restaurant with him. He got so angry he floored it out of the parking lot. Don't even get me started on McDonalds and their so called "white" meat. *sighs*

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
lol I stopped watching television long ago so this doesn't really apply to me :crazy:

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Rats, I could have really used this thread back when I watched tv more.

·
Registered
657 Posts

The baby factory ad. The ad with the baby driving a car. Ads that have babies in them in general. Ads that imply you're a bad parent if you don't buy this cleaning product. Ads with half-speed footage of African orphans with flies on them. Ads with emotional appeals in general. Ads that make you associate existing songs with their crappy product forever after (see above). Ads that wreck good music (National Bank, the four seasons were cool until you turned the fast movement of winter into a slow whine).

Watching TV is so hard :tongue:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Head On! Apply directly to the forehead!

...kill me.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts

...kill me.
OH RIGHT, that one is a torture cell.

And for some strange reason it airs RIGHT AFTER it just showed... it's like a double replay. I remember when that first happened that I thought it was a programming glitch, as just another commercial that replayed at the wrong time, but nope it was intentional to show one right after the other.

·
Registered
ENFP
4,195 Posts
There was one from a few years ago that goes: "It's not fast food, it's Wendy's."

The denial!!:confused:

Oh and the commercial where the guy is practically screaming in a husky voice to sell garage doors.. wow.

4,757 Posts
YouTube - Pull-Ups - STOP. POTTY TIME! Commercial

The baby factory ad. The ad with the baby driving a car. Ads that have babies in them in general. Ads that imply you're a bad parent if you don't buy this cleaning product. Ads with half-speed footage of African orphans with flies on them. Ads with emotional appeals in general. Ads that make you associate existing songs with their crappy product forever after (see above). Ads that wreck good music (National Bank, the four seasons were cool until you turned the fast movement of winter into a slow whine).

Watching TV is so hard :tongue:
OMG that reminds me of the potty dance commercials - hatred :angry:

4,757 Posts
J.G. Wentworth
CASH NOW ... CASH NOW ... CASH NOW

hmm let's see:

The annoying couples on the chemistry.com ads - the super annoying guy who interviews them in the new set of ads.

The MacDonald's ad where the people are tapping on the table.

Ads that feature Sidney Crosby

I can't remember anymore at the moment. This is the only time when I've deliberately wanted to recall ads urgh

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
Cutesy family commercials.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts