Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 176 Posts

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As INFJ's, what are your enneagram types?

I feel most MBTI personalities I can usually pin down to a few most common enneagrams, but INFJ seem to be all over the place... unless you're all 9's who think you're every personality, haha.

But I definitely feel I get along with some INFJ's amazingly well, and others, not so much. I think enneagram is a part of that reason and would like to do some research into why this is and if there are any correlations.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Mine is 4w5...it's a pretty good fit.

As INFJ's, what are your enneagram types?

I feel most MBTI personalities I can usually pin down to a few most common enneagrams, but INFJ seem to be all over the place... unless you're all 9's who think you're every personality, haha.

But I definitely feel I get along with some INFJ's amazingly well, and others, not so much. I think enneagram is a part of that reason and would like to do some research into why this is and if there are any correlations.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
last time i took an enneagram test i scored 5w4, 9w1, 4w5. I'm not certain the order is right but i'm pretty sure im some combination of the 3

·
Registered
938 Posts
1, 4, and 5 Often. *there is a probability of 70-79% for that Enneagram type to also score as INFJ.
9, 6, 3, 2 are kind of common. 18-27% "
7 and 8 are rare. less than 4% "

This is according to Personality Types: Myers Briggs - Enneagram and Myers Briggs

They do note that other tests yield different results.

Individually, 4 was the most common, by far. Then 1, and then 5, as second and third most common, while 8 was the least common.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I'm a 6, which seems pretty common. 7 and 8 are without doubt the rarest enneagram types among INFJs (I've never even seen a type 7 INFJ), closely followed by type 3.

The types I see most are 4, 6, 5, 1, 2 and 9, so basically the other six types. We especially seem to have a lot of 4's in our ranks.

edit: My best friend is an ISTP. He seems to be a type 9.

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
@DJArendee I think it's a bit "risky" to go to some random MBTI type forum and ask people about their Enneagram type. Chances are extremely high that they won't know their REAL type. xD So the responses will most of the time rather display what people of a certain MBTI type THINK they are instead of what they really are.

I have also been convinced for a while that I'm a 5w4 4w5 9w1 tritype. But it became clear that nothing of it was true - appart from the 9w1.

I also thought I'm a 4. And I considered being a 9 and a 5. But that I might be a 6 never crossed my mind based on the descriptions I've read. And I've also never thought I could EVER have a 2 in my tritype. And 7 had also been a type I scored low on.

So... my actual tritype - as seen in my signature - is 6w7(sw7w8) 9w1(sw1w2) 2w3(sw1w2) and my instinctual variant is self-preserving/sexual ascetic which means that my self-pres instinct is the strongest by far.

6w7(sw7w8) seem to have a hard time identifying themselves as INFJs because they basically don't fit the stereotype. For 6w5s it's a lot easier. So you won't find many 6w7s claiming they're INFJ. And also the other way round: not many INFJs who are 6w7 will know that they are.

...just saying. xP

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
Well apparently I am one of those 6w7s, thou I identify mostly with any type in the NF category. This could change because I am very doubtful in general and my tritype is a 6-4-9.

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
@DJArendee I think it's a bit "risky" to go to some random MBTI type forum and ask people about their Enneagram type. Chances are extremely high that they won't know their REAL type. xD So the responses will most of the time rather display what people of a certain MBTI type THINK they are instead of what they really are.

I have also been convinced for a while that I'm a 5w4 4w5 9w1 tritype. But it became clear that nothing of it was true - appart from the 9w1.

I also thought I'm a 4. And I considered being a 9 and a 5. But that I might be a 6 never crossed my mind based on the descriptions I've read. And I've also never thought I could EVER have a 2 in my tritype. And 7 had also been a type I scored low on.

So... my actual tritype - as seen in my signature - is 6w7(sw7w8) 9w1(sw1w2) 2w3(sw1w2) and my instinctual variant is self-preserving/sexual ascetic which means that my self-pres instinct is the strongest by far.

6w7(sw7w8) seem to have a hard time identifying themselves as INFJs because they basically don't fit the stereotype. For 6w5s it's a lot easier. So you won't find many 6w7s claiming they're INFJ. And also the other way round: not many INFJs who are 6w7 will know that they are.

...just saying. xP
Good point.

Someone else didn't convince you that you weren't a 5 did they? There's a lot of that going around and its bullshit. The enneagram forum is littered with people from typewatch who glorify 2's, 5's, and 8's to the point that no one is allowed to be these types unless its BLARINGLY obvious. Like some kind of personality police. Myers briggs forum certainly doesn't have this problem.

·
Registered
58 Posts
From memory, for INFJs:

4 is the most common
1s, 5s, and 6s are frequent
2s and 9s are less frequent
3s, 7s, and 8s are rare

I guess I'm one of those weird type 3's. Being an INFJ and a type 3 makes for some awkward introspective battles between me wanting to be useful and acknowledged and me wanting to be introverted and help people.

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
Good point.

Someone else didn't convince you that you weren't a 5 did they? There's a lot of that going around and its bullshit. The enneagram forum is littered with people from typewatch who glorify 2's, 5's, and 8's to the point that no one is allowed to be these types unless its BLARINGLY obvious. Like some kind of personality police. Myers briggs forum certainly doesn't have this problem.
Oh well... someone quite new to the whole typing stuff told me that IF I were a 5, I would be desintegrating to 7. And I never felt quite at easy in the type 5 forum, so... xD

Description-wise I would quite fit the 4w3 (though I thought I'm were a 4w5). And 4w3 and 6w7 can look quite alike from the outside. But especially THIS PAGE was a great source where I found out that it was true what other people had told me. Yeah, it's also true that people told me I'm not a 4 but a 6w7. But that was mainly in type-me treads I had made. ;D

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
Is it me or do INFJs seem sophisticated, elegant (tad bit narcissistic)...while I have this rough rebellious mentality going on and love to fucking curse. ^^ lol...don't really feel like I fit in <.< wonder if this is down to my counter phobic switch.

1 - 20 of 176 Posts