Personality Cafe banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey ya'll, first post.

I'm an INTP, my friend is ESTJ.

I'd like to know how you ESTJ's feel about friendship with us INTP's. What do you enjoy about our personality? What do we do that can potentially harm the relationship?

Above all, I'm looking for tips to help maintain and strengthen my friendship with this ESTJ.

So what is your experience with INTP friendships? All responses will be appreciated. :happy:

·
Registered
2 Posts
My very good friend and sister is an INTP. I love how she helps me see things in ways I would never think about on my own. She keeps me from becoming too rigid and is also full of deep insights which I appreciate. =) Sometimes I get frustrated with how detailed she can get. For some reason I can only handle so much and then my brain shuts off. It's almost like I only have so much room in my brain for the abstract and once it is full I have to take a break. It sounds lame but while I appreciate her vast knowledge, she can sometimes overwhelm me with her very detailed facts and theories. All in all she amazes me! Potential harm could come if an INTP relies too much on something they came up with in their head rather than reality. That can really frustrate an ESTJ. ESTJs can also mistake the INTPs need for rest and long periods of introversion as laziness and/or weakness...perhaps that could be a possible problem? Although I haven't experienced it directly with my sister, I could see it happening with my type. I think that if the INTP and ESTJ strive to understand each other's strengths and weaknesses it can make for a wonderful relationship that is truly beneficial for both! I hope that helped. There is just so much to say... =)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My very good friend and sister is an INTP. I love how she helps me see things in ways I would never think about on my own. She keeps me from becoming too rigid and is also full of deep insights which I appreciate. =) Sometimes I get frustrated with how detailed she can get. For some reason I can only handle so much and then my brain shuts off. It's almost like I only have so much room in my brain for the abstract and once it is full I have to take a break. It sounds lame but while I appreciate her vast knowledge, she can sometimes overwhelm me with her very detailed facts and theories. All in all she amazes me! Potential harm could come if an INTP relies too much on something they came up with in their head rather than reality. That can really frustrate an ESTJ. ESTJs can also mistake the INTPs need for rest and long periods of introversion as laziness and/or weakness...perhaps that could be a possible problem? Although I haven't experienced it directly with my sister, I could see it happening with my type. I think that if the INTP and ESTJ strive to understand each other's strengths and weaknesses it can make for a wonderful relationship that is truly beneficial for both! I hope that helped. There is just so much to say... =)
That was very helpful and actually sounds very similar to my friendship with an Estj. Before I realized he was Estj, I used to bombard him with abstract things and didn't respect his need to do things in the traditional ways that he likes to do them. I was also constantly late for plans because to me, deadlines are just an option :happy:. I've started being a lot more conscience of setting timelines and sticking to them with him, as well as not pushing him to analyze the abstract.

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
I get along very well with ESTJ's, especially the females, and of these, I get along fabulously with my mother. I'm going to stop now because this post is getting rather disturbing.

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
I don't have INTP best friend, but I do have several INTP friends.

INTPs are laid back people. They are nice and very accepting. They are funny, smart, and naturally mature. I make friends easily with INTPs. Our Te and Ti seems like a perfect match to each other.

What I don't like from INTPs are their laziness and inconsistency. ESTJs are people in action. We dislike broken promises and repeated mistakes. So if you can't keep your words, don't make any promise.

And some times they can be very deep into unimportant details that make them afraid to try new things or get sudden anger to the whole world. LOL.

Reactions: Mutatio NOmenis
1 - 7 of 7 Posts