Personality Cafe banner

241 - 260 of 360 Posts

·
Registered
Justice for old perc
3,083 Posts
You didn't read my post about the part where I even stated I tried the bracketed code for centering?

Same
I didn't know exactly what you meant by that so I made a suggestion. You're welcome.

·
Beer Guardian
14,716 Posts
I've done that. I disabled push notifications with those settings and in my browser settings. I still see the notification. It's in every browser I'd consider using.
Did you uncheck the master and then uncheck all the ones under that? That's how I was able to do it (I'm also using Chrome).

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
Did you uncheck the master and then uncheck all the ones under that? That's how I was able to do it (I'm also using Chrome).
Well I re-did that but I still have that notification popping up.

@VS_admin, I had unchecked all the individual Push notifications, but going back to my preferences I see that they were re-checked when I unchecked some of the corresponding Alert boxes.

It seems we are forced to enable either Push or Alert notifications for every kind of event in that notifications list, which is terrible because we now have a ridiculous number of possible notifications. Please at least give us a button to unselect all of these options at once so we don't have to go through each one individually. Better yet, undo all this unnecessary shit and take us back to thanks, mentions, and quotes only.

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
These have been imported as threads.
View attachment 865225

- Cricket
Wait a minute, everybody's blog posts are just mixed together as individual threads in one giant forum? How are we supposed to find our own blogs and what happens with the security settings on blogs?

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
@VS_admin a bug: can't edit blog posts. When I click "Edit," I see a notification that says "You may not edit more than 10 different post(s) within 7 days." I can't have edited more than one post since this forum change. And blog entries shouldn't be counted as regular posts anyways.

·
Registered
357 Posts
This sight is honestly painful to look at, i feel like everythign visually blends together between posts and there should be a color change between posters as you rea through a thread to help, same with the main forum.

Also something that is bugging my is the inability to click on a user in a thread and see whatever information they posted about themselves, for example MBTI and Enneagream type. i Am happy that you made the site faster though! and im happy that you guys put effort into trying to improve it :)

·
Registered
I demand the return of the crazy face! :crazy:
2,059 Posts
Though urm how do you center your sig? I used to be able to find that. I even tried the [ bracket] code but nothing happens?
Yup, I tried the same and it doesn't work. :/

Sorry to quote you cuz you are not talking to me but this is driving me crayyyzee..... Can someone figure this out for me and others? I tried [ CENTER ] ...... [ / CENTER ] about 400 million times yesterday and my signature remains at the left. I see so many with centered sigs -- what is the code? Thanks if anyone can help... :love:
Yup same, doesn't work.

I think the people with centered sigs had them centered before the upgrade and haven't changed them since. I had mine centered too but I made the mistake of changing it yesterday, and now I can't center it again.

·
Registered
23,836 Posts
-Button to take me to the first unread post in a thread, the forum is too hard to navigate without this!
Under your username at top right of pages, beside unfollow is a Jump to Latest button.

Oops never mind, Jump to Latest goes to the very last post, not first read.

It seems we are forced to enable either Push or Alert notifications for every kind of event in that notifications list, which is terrible because we now have a ridiculous number of possible notifications. Please at least give us a button to unselect all of these options at once so we don't have to go through each one individually.
Unselecting Push notification before unselecting Alert, disables both for me.

Oops never mind, I read that wrong. That option would be helpful for every new account one makes.

·
Registered
23,836 Posts
@VS_admin please give/bring back ability:
  • to disable signatures in specific posts we ourselves make
  • to delete our posts within 24hours
  • to edit and preview our Profile posts with other members on what used to be called "Visitor Messages"
  • to view our old conversations with members that had posted in our Profile posts section **also, currently any gifs or images that used to be in that section are gone - is there any way to bring them back?
  • more comprehensive signature editing. It seems my current one has been grandfathered in, but if I'd like to keep the format, I won't be able to keep the content.
  • room for larger avatars? Currently everything is a 96x96 square, where as we used to have room for 200x200 rectangle(s) or square.
  • a way to search within the entirety of our own subscribed Followed threads
  • at the bottom of threads we're viewing, where the page selection is, A DEDICATED button to jump to the LAST page, vs. having to scroll back up to the top...

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
Thank you. I cannot promise the site will work perfectly in every single browser and since you are blocking some scripts it may cause some issues for you.

I do know the site works well in most modern fully updated browsers, such as Chrome, Safari, and Firefox.

- Cricket
Nevermind, I got rid of the push notification and fixed the blurred avatars with CSS. Took a look at your CSS and the blurring was apparently deliberate, although I don't know what for. Thanks a lot. My browser is not the problem.

Progressive enhancement is my not-so-humble recommendation for your team's development. JS should enhance content, not totally control and obscure it.

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
Thanks if anyone can help... :love:
EditNevermind, the following only makes sigs show up centered in your own browser. I think you wanted to make your sig show up centered for everyone who sees it.
#############
Figure out which folder you need to put a CSS file in so that your browser applies it to websites. If you use Firefox, the file goes in the chrome folder that is inside your Firefox profile folder, and the file must named userContent.css (create the folder called chrome if it doesn't exist).

Type this single line in the file:

aside.message-signature { text-align: center !important }

Name the file whatever you want (unless your browser requires a specific name) but give it the extension .css like this: filename.css

Below shows what it looks like when I do this in my browser.

·
Registered
Why do you want to know my vehicle details.
4,926 Posts
@VS_admin - Is there any way to make what's old new again? Apparently there was once an Arcade and it would be cool if that could be brought back. It could even be a premium feature since it was done away with on the old forum. Also, how some more trophies? And changing Likes to something more fun like gold points or perhaps gold bits, that can be used to buy stuff from a PerC store or maybe even premium time if someone accumulates enough forum gold.

Also, I think bringing back the old forum icons like @Suntide mentioned is a good idea, as well as retaining the coffee/cafe and robot theme, along with the robot smileys!! Some of the old weird but funny emotes would be cool too, imo. Like the smiley bashing their computer with a hammer, the rolling hamster, the dancing carrot/broccoli (and add the banana too), etc.

·
Registered
17,739 Posts
You guys are asking for things these people will not provide. There's no point in asking. The reason why we used to have good things is because original PerC was run by individuals, not a mega corporation that literally just goes around copy-pasting the same template on all the websites it burns.

The community was built by the community itself. That is no longer possible as control over features is centralized through authoritarian control who can't do anything to the code that already exists as they want to make this code uniform over all their sites, stripping them of their uniqueness.

I've already been through this song and dance on Wrestling Forum where we had even more features stripped away than you guys had on PerC. Never got anything back.

241 - 260 of 360 Posts