We currently use standard UTF-8 smilies. This helps greatly in keeping things fast loading and standardized across device types. We no longer run custom GIF files for every single smile which is terrible for web performance, and fast-loading websites. That being said, I would like to see some more smilies added. We will be looking at adding more trophies as well.@VS_admin - Is there any way to make what's old new again? Apparently there was once an Arcade and it would be cool if that could be brought back. It could even be a premium feature since it was done away with on the old forum. Also, how some more trophies? And changing Likes to something more fun like gold points or perhaps gold bits, that can be used to buy stuff from a PerC store or maybe even premium time if someone accumulates enough forum gold.
Also, I think bringing back the old forum icons like @Suntide mentioned is a good idea, as well as retaining the coffee/cafe and robot theme, along with the robot smileys!! Some of the old weird but funny emotes would be cool too, imo. Like the smiley bashing their computer with a hammer, the rolling hamster, the dancing carrot/broccoli (and add the banana too), etc.
How To Create A SignaturePLEASE BRING SIGNATURE IMAGES BACK.
I will pass on your feedback to the team.@VS_admin please give/bring back ability:
- to disable signatures in specific posts we ourselves make
- to delete our posts within 24hours
- to edit and preview our Profile posts with other members on what used to be called "Visitor Messages"
- to view our old conversations with members that had posted in our Profile posts section **also, currently any gifs or images that used to be in that section are gone - is there any way to bring them back?
- more comprehensive signature editing. It seems my current one has been grandfathered in, but if I'd like to keep the format, I won't be able to keep the content.
- room for larger avatars? Currently everything is a 96x96 square, where as we used to have room for 200x200 rectangle(s) or square.
- a way to search within the entirety of our own
- at the bottom of threads we're viewing, where the page selection is, A DEDICATED button to jump to the LAST page, vs. having to scroll back up to the top...
There is a known bug with editing older posts. This has been reported/escalated.@VS_admin a bug: can't edit blog posts. When I click "Edit," I see a notification that says "You may not edit more than 10 different post(s) within 7 days." I can't have edited more than one post since this forum change. And blog entries shouldn't be counted as regular posts anyways.
Sorry to quote you cuz you are not talking to me but this is driving me crayyyzee..... Can someone figure this out for me and others? I tried [ CENTER ] ...... [ / CENTER ] about 400 million times yesterday and my signature remains at the left. I see so many with centered sigs -- what is the code? Thanks if anyone can help...
Mine was centered before the upgrade and it was centered after the upgrade but I noticed my Harley Sig was missing, I went back to change it in preferences and that's when it was un "centered" and I haven't been able to get it back to center.... ohh wells.Yup, I tried the same and it doesn't work. :/
Yup same, doesn't work.
I think the people with centered sigs had them centered before the upgrade and haven't changed them since. I had mine centered too but I made the mistake of changing it yesterday, and now I can't center it again.
Thankfully you can disable notifications for replies to watched threads in your Preferences. (click your avatar on the top-right corner > Account Settings > Preferences > "Receive a notification when someone...")Pleeeeeeeeeease Separate the "alerts" into sections like they used to be with the tabs for quotes, likes, mentions, etc. It's very muddling to have everything mixed together, particularly with allllllllllll the ones about people replying to threads (but not necessarily replying to you). I don't want to seem to ignore someone because I missed seeing their mention of me because it got lost amidst the "___ replied to thread" notifications. Please Please Please SORT them. (and don't make the subdivisions difficult to navigate into pretty please?)