Personality Cafe banner

261 - 280 of 361 Posts

·
Administrator
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #263
@VS_admin - Is there any way to make what's old new again? Apparently there was once an Arcade and it would be cool if that could be brought back. It could even be a premium feature since it was done away with on the old forum. Also, how some more trophies? And changing Likes to something more fun like gold points or perhaps gold bits, that can be used to buy stuff from a PerC store or maybe even premium time if someone accumulates enough forum gold.

Also, I think bringing back the old forum icons like @Suntide mentioned is a good idea, as well as retaining the coffee/cafe and robot theme, along with the robot smileys!! Some of the old weird but funny emotes would be cool too, imo. Like the smiley bashing their computer with a hammer, the rolling hamster, the dancing carrot/broccoli (and add the banana too), etc.
We currently use standard UTF-8 smilies. This helps greatly in keeping things fast loading and standardized across device types. We no longer run custom GIF files for every single smile which is terrible for web performance, and fast-loading websites. That being said, I would like to see some more smilies added. We will be looking at adding more trophies as well.

I just wanted to take a moment to assure you that we are listening to all of the feedback. We will be seeing regular updates which are largely fueled by community feedback. While that doesn't mean we can action every request, it does mean we are actively listening to the feedback and sharing it with the developers.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #264
PLEASE BRING SIGNATURE IMAGES BACK.
How To Create A Signature

Your signature can include up to 4 lines, a maximum of 1000 characters and one link. An image counts as a line. Anytime you hit "enter" on your keyboard, it will automatically go to a new line. Images will automatically be resized to 300 x 200 pixels. You can see more options in your settings to collapse signatures, always view full signature, or to not see signatures at all. The choice is yours.

Both guests and members can view signatures.

If a user has their preferences set to the default they will see collapsed signatures as in the example below for them. (They can click to see more.)

If a user has their preferences set to always show expanded signatures it will look like the example below for them. Your image can be clicked to view full size.

If you want to adjust your preferences for signatures you can click on your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site and select account settings.

In the left side navigation, you will see an option for preferences. Click it.

Scroll down to content options and select your signature preferences.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #265
@VS_admin please give/bring back ability:
  • to disable signatures in specific posts we ourselves make
  • to delete our posts within 24hours
  • to edit and preview our Profile posts with other members on what used to be called "Visitor Messages"
  • to view our old conversations with members that had posted in our Profile posts section **also, currently any gifs or images that used to be in that section are gone - is there any way to bring them back?
  • more comprehensive signature editing. It seems my current one has been grandfathered in, but if I'd like to keep the format, I won't be able to keep the content.
  • room for larger avatars? Currently everything is a 96x96 square, where as we used to have room for 200x200 rectangle(s) or square.
  • a way to search within the entirety of our own subscribed Followed threads
  • at the bottom of threads we're viewing, where the page selection is, A DEDICATED button to jump to the LAST page, vs. having to scroll back up to the top...
I will pass on your feedback to the team.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #266
@VS_admin a bug: can't edit blog posts. When I click "Edit," I see a notification that says "You may not edit more than 10 different post(s) within 7 days." I can't have edited more than one post since this forum change. And blog entries shouldn't be counted as regular posts anyways.
There is a known bug with editing older posts. This has been reported/escalated.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #267
How To Quote

When you see a post that you want to quote, click the reply button on that post. It will automatically add the quoted content to the content area where you can add your reply/comments following the code.

How To Multi-Quote

Step 1
: Click the multi-quote icon at the bottom of each post that you want to quote.

Step 2: Scroll down to the text editor where you are going to write your post. Click "Insert Quotes".

Step 3: A small window will pop up for you to verify (or delete) quoted content that will be added to your post. Click "Quote messages".

Final Step: The quoted content will automatically be added to the text editor.

Add your comments and click to post your reply.

Added Notes: You can multi-quote from more than one discussion thread in the forum. You can also simply highlight the part of the text you want to quote. A small popup will allow you to choose the multi-quote option using just the selected content.

- Cricket

·
Registered
ENFP-A - 2w3 - JEEP
5,048 Posts
Sorry to quote you cuz you are not talking to me but this is driving me crayyyzee..... Can someone figure this out for me and others? I tried [ CENTER ] ...... [ / CENTER ] about 400 million times yesterday and my signature remains at the left. I see so many with centered sigs -- what is the code? Thanks if anyone can help... :love:
Yup, I tried the same and it doesn't work. :/

Yup same, doesn't work.

I think the people with centered sigs had them centered before the upgrade and haven't changed them since. I had mine centered too but I made the mistake of changing it yesterday, and now I can't center it again.
Mine was centered before the upgrade and it was centered after the upgrade but I noticed my Harley Sig was missing, I went back to change it in preferences and that's when it was un "centered" and I haven't been able to get it back to center.... ohh wells.

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 sp
5,215 Posts
Pleeeeeeeeeease Separate the "alerts" into sections like they used to be with the tabs for quotes, likes, mentions, etc. It's very muddling to have everything mixed together, particularly with allllllllllll the ones about people replying to threads (but not necessarily replying to you). I don't want to seem to ignore someone because I missed seeing their mention of me because it got lost amidst the "___ replied to thread" notifications. Please Please Please SORT them. (and don't make the subdivisions difficult to navigate into pretty please?)

·
Registered
INFP 9w1 sp/so
2,468 Posts
Pleeeeeeeeeease Separate the "alerts" into sections like they used to be with the tabs for quotes, likes, mentions, etc. It's very muddling to have everything mixed together, particularly with allllllllllll the ones about people replying to threads (but not necessarily replying to you). I don't want to seem to ignore someone because I missed seeing their mention of me because it got lost amidst the "___ replied to thread" notifications. Please Please Please SORT them. (and don't make the subdivisions difficult to navigate into pretty please?)
Thankfully you can disable notifications for replies to watched threads in your Preferences. (click your avatar on the top-right corner > Account Settings > Preferences > "Receive a notification when someone...")
It would still be nice to have different notifications separated again though.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Well, it's a good thing I'd mostly stopped using PerC before anyway because the new site is just...muddled, cluttered, in many ways. The posts, the notifications...everything. Everyone go to Typology Central, much better.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Requests/Feedback

1. Could you enable our post history back to most recent? This seems like a no-brainer.
2. Search is still broken. Filtering search by 'most recent' does not work.
3. Get rid of Replies. Why is it showing up posts from years ago? IMO it's a waste of space and useless function.
4. Get rid of Trending and Top Contributors.

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 sp
5,215 Posts
Okay, here's my review of the changes. Overall, I am not a fan.

1. The high contrast is terrible on my eyes and triggers headaches. The bright white background is bad, but then the bright white text on the black background of dark mode isn't any better, the words start to do a funny blurring effect. Something with less contrast is needed. The old grey was comfortable. This is a place where you sit and stare at a thread for a long time mulling over thoughts, it needs to be comfortable on the eyes, without bright colored distracting buttons or glaring bright white.

2. Maybe it's just me, but the bright 'best buy' blue is not jiving with me. Primary colors kind of have this "preschool" connotation for me. I feel like this color scheme is trying to mimic Facebook (NO THANKS) but it's even brighter than that blue. The boldness is Too noticable, while typing my reply here my focus keeps being drawn down to the BRIGHT BLUE "Post reply" button - it's just distracting.

3. It was nice to be able to click on notifications and see a break down right there without clicking on anything showing how many likes or quotes or whatever, and being able to select which to view.

4. Having all the notifications lumped together instead of sorted into tabs is confusing. Why make something Less organized that it used to be???? It's harder to tell what I've already looked at when there are sooooo many '___ responded to this thread' alerts the others are mixed in with. It was very convenient to specifically check quotes, mentions, or likes individually.

5. I don't like that friends are now 'followers'. It puts a whole different feel to that. This isn't instagram. I 'friend' people because I enjoy or respect what they have to say and we've personally connected through conversations or participated in the same threads enough that I recognize them. I don't want adoring fans, minions, or whatever else 'following' might imply.

6. "Reaction Score" Please no. This isn't a sport or gameshow.
(Why does it say 'reaction' instead of like anyways? I don't see any other 'reaction' options. If you're going to add love, wow, disagree or whatever then okay, but if it's only likes then just call it that.)

7. What happened to the cute PerC emotes?!?! I want them back. Am I just missing where they're located now?

8. An important feature that seems to be missing is the miniature personal icon by the threads you've already replied to. Sometimes I can't remember if I've replied to one or just one similar to it, and I'm not going to scroll through pages and pages to find out, but I don't want to reply again if I already did. It's really useful to have that little thing right there before you click on the thread showing you've contributed to it already.

9. What happened to the personality type info that used to be by our avatars in certain forums? That was useful. It was also useful to have the gender in case we want to refer to someone and don't know whether they prefer he/she/they, or if they're responding to a question directed at a certain gender. I see some people have their type listed at least, but I cannot find a place to set that information. There used to be a section under your profile where you could put your type and a bunch of other info, but I don't see it anywhere. Am I blind, or can you make this easier to locate?

10. I don't like the unbalanced feel of uneven empty space on either side of the main text of the page. It feels a bit weird having the main text all on the left. I suppose it's because of the new advertisement format on the side instead of centered at the top of the page. There's a large border on the side of the advertisement, perhaps if that was less, the main text could shift over more and even out the amount of white space on either side? The old page organization was definitely better.

11. While I don't mind people knowing where I'm from, I don't care for having a country Flag next to my name all the time. I'm not a particularly patriotic person and I don't think this is particularly relevant most of the time. I don't want to have to hide my location completely, I just want the little flags to go away.

Okay those are my observations for now.

·
4,741 Posts
quite like the dark mode (not at all the light, it looks... cheap? and too bright, but tastes of course differ), but I agree that the white text in dark mode is too bright, too much contrast, it is a bit like looking at a lamp, that lines shoot from it a little and when I move my eyes the imprint stays for a short while, which make me feel like I need glasses and see double. I suggest using the colours of the header, the brown/orange and coffee-like colours. I think it would look nice. I think this forum is a bit different from many other, in that people tend to write and read a lot, often long posts, or many posts, not one-liners (except the less serious areas, like games), so easy reading might be more important. Personally I also find the lines a bit long (on a large screen), but that is minor, I can shrink the window to fix it.

261 - 280 of 361 Posts