Personality Cafe banner

281 - 300 of 337 Posts

·
Registered
Why do you want to know my vehicle details.
4,926 Posts
We currently use standard UTF-8 smilies. This helps greatly in keeping things fast loading and standardized across device types. We no longer run custom GIF files for every single smile which is terrible for web performance, and fast-loading websites. That being said, I would like to see some more smilies added. We will be looking at adding more trophies as well.

I just wanted to take a moment to assure you that we are listening to all of the feedback. We will be seeing regular updates which are largely fueled by community feedback. While that doesn't mean we can action every request, it does mean we are actively listening to the feedback and sharing it with the developers.

- Cricket
Hm, so that means the robot smilies won't be coming back? That's kind of disappointing but I guess understandable. More trophies would be good though.

Any word on making the Arcade a permanent part of the refresh? Also, the gold points or some form of forum currency to spend at a store?

• Perhaps earning Likes/gold/currency points will earn a user 1 point per Like.
  • Premium accounts can be given say 1999 gold/currency points per year for as long as they're a member, and that can be spent on various things throughout the forum?
  • ie: A regular store for temporary flair, temporary account effects, buying some premium time, etc
  • A premium store for premium users that may have longer lasting but subdued effects, buying certain things that're only offered to premium members, giving gold/currency points to other users, etc.
Just some ideas I could think of for uses of a system that would need to balance between between regular and premium users, while also being fair and mostly accessible. Not to mention giving incentive to upgrade to premium.

·
[dis]illusioned
3,578 Posts
badges, you dont need no stinkin badges

( sorry, couldnt resist)
Blazing Saddles is a classic

Look at my badges now! :ROFLMAO::LOL::p
Uuummmmm. Treasure of the Sierra Madre if we wanna go OG, since it was a classic by the time Brookes was even making things.

Anyways, change is tough, the forum is not exactly thriving, so why don't we just roll with it? I too, am testing youtube embedding and not just plugging tunes.

Forums are frankly, an outdated mode of communication, although I still cling to this one b/c I like a lot of the ppl on it, in spite of my drifting away from online presence in general, due to wonderful work (not).

·
Registered
23,823 Posts
I will pass on your feedback to the team.
As others mentioned, please also include back a dedicated way to jump to the "First Unread" message of a thread - not just the last; and also, a reply box to open beneath the latest series of quote(s) you're replying to, opposed to at the very bottom of a page.

I just wanted to take a moment to assure you that we are listening to all of the feedback. We will be seeing regular updates which are largely fueled by community feedback. While that doesn't mean we can action every request, it does mean we are actively listening to the feedback and sharing it with the developers.
Would it be too much of us to request that we be given reason(s) as to why x, y, z requested feature won't be added?

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
The blog posts are here, but the blogs are discombobulated.

Can you figure out how to recombobulate them?

·
Registered
10,997 Posts
Edit: found it.

Replacement text:

• deeply appreciate the 'back to top' arrow on phone
  • extended markup menu (italic etc) unusable on phone. Keeping the keyboard suppressed while that menu is open would help immensely.
  • naturally, I hate this but am trying to be a grownup about it. Biggest general disappointment is how low the text-to-real-estate ratio is now. I liked how content dense the old format was. This feels like imposed shallow-ization. Smaller fonts? More words on the screen?

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
Biggest general disappointment is how low the text-to-real-estate ratio is now. I liked how content dense the old format was. This feels like imposed shallow-ization. Smaller fonts? More words on the screen?
This is how it was before. I do like the old better. I copied this from an old window but the copy didn't work as the text got translated into the new text. Maybe if I learn how to take a snapshot???

A brand-new cognitive function test
Hi! I'm stopping by here to share a test I made recently for both MBTI and the cognitive functions. The test has 106 (105 actually since one of them is a dud) questions that assess your scores using three different methods: a Grant/Brownsword-based algorithm, an axis-based algorithm, and a separate method altogether that uses a different collection of values to try and guess your Myers-Briggs type.
My Grant ...
Darn. There is no color icon is there? Old format:
1. The title was bold but not so large.
2. The text was darker.
3, Lines were closer together making the whole more readable

·
Registered
23,823 Posts
@VS_admin

• Certain threads from the Entertainment/Games forum should be removed from New posts main index, as some of them can be quite fast paced, and it will bury more 'important' content. There was a discussion about this quite a while back, after which a decision was made to hide them or w.e...
  • Are gifs no longer able to be set as avatars? If I upload a gif in the avatar field, I can see it animate, but on main boards the image stays static...
  • Is there a way to get avatars to resize automatically, opposed to forcing the need for manual cropping? Especially since, it seems like the ability to crop images in that section isn't even present...
  • Is there a way to rework the editing system? Currently if I try to edit a post from a few days ago, I'm met with the message "You may not edit more than 10 different post(s) within 7 days " -- seems pointless, and time consuming to need to keep track of which posts we edit? Meanwhile, I'm able to edit this post currently?? Why not have it the way it was, where we could edit/delete a post only within 24hrs?
  • Any way to change font, colour, and size of text, or did we lose those abilities as well in order to gain more mental space to not have to think about such features? How am I supposed to hide text now within posts??
Literally in the OP:

Speed and Reliability Are Key
No one should have to wait for information. This site has been built to be much faster and more reliable, period.

Why does it feel like trying to do a number of things, from posting, to editing profiles, checking notifications, messaging, etc... has become more time consuming? ... le sigh.

·
Registered
23,823 Posts
Are we supposed to be able to reply to other users' messages in other member's profile posts section? Like, does it seem right that we can hijack someone else's profile and spam messages between a number of members, but none directed at the owner of the profile? Or does the chat history show up only between the members conversing and their respective profiles?

Can't tell if is broken or next level...

·
INFP 5w6
4,720 Posts
I noticed the date for latest post are not correct in the forum indexes. It give the impression that the forums are dead, and one might not click to see it as it looks like there is nothing new. It for example said one forum hadn't had new posts in a day, when it was just 50-ish minutes ago the last post, and several other were incorrect.

edit: I saw that yesterday and earlier today, now it seems to be ok, at least the ones I looked just now, a handful. But perhaps something to keep an eye on as it makes the forum seem deader than it is.

·
queen of glitter gnomes
10,480 Posts
How do we access private messages from this website, as opposed to accessing them from a notification in my email?

·
Registered
23,823 Posts
How do we access private messages from this website, as opposed to accessing them from a notification in my email?
When you click your avatar icon at the top right corner of a page, and it brings down the list, private messages have been renamed to "Conversations".

Unless you meant receiving an alert on the website, which interestingly the closest option in the reaction notifications list is "Reacts to your message in a conversation". So does this mean we'll only get an alert after a conversation has already been started or...?

·
Registered
23,823 Posts
@VS_admin Is there any way to organize our subscribed/followed threads, and our private messages/conversations? We used to be able to make folders within the areas, but I can't seem to find anything of the sort currently.

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
Can I ask a huge favor of y'all?

Can we keep all feedback, questions, concerns, requests for help, etc.regarding the new platform in our Community Feedback thread rather than starting new threads?

The reason this is important is that we will be seeing regular updates that are largely fueled by community feedback. While that doesn't mean we can action every request, it does mean we are actively listening to the feedback and sharing it with the developers. By keeping all of the information in one thread, we can help make sure that we don't miss anything. :)

Please take a moment to browse through our FAQs for frequent questions and answers and if you still have questions, let us know in the feedback thread.

- Cricket
cricket = @VS_admin.

There are so far almost 300 posts here. It could reach 1000. You will read them all? I was thinking sometimes a recommendation would need to be discussed among members before the consensus and admin would decide what to do. I guess redundant chat would make this discussion longer.

To avoid redundancies (who new or old will read 300 plus posts?), will you from time-to-time be saying, "That is a good idea. Will look into it. Or no we can't do that because of such and such."?

FAQs are reached via the 3 dots. Would you consider adding under development considerations:

1. We will do that
2. We will consider that after discussing with developers
3. No. This is impractical
4. This needs clarification

This could avoid bringing up the same things over and over.

281 - 300 of 337 Posts