Personality Cafe banner

21 - 40 of 337 Posts

·
Administrator
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Can you give us the ability to add color to our posts?

Please add more formatting options.

The developers started with a very basic text editor that I hope to see improve with time. One of the challenges with different font colors is making sure they will be readable in both the light and dark mode. For now, though, you can use BBCode for the font if you wish..

It is possible to color the text red green blue -
or whatever

- Cricket

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
okay I like that it's more to the left and everything thats how I watch videos so thats ok but what about soundcloud integration?

strike
[/soundcloud]

·
Mafia God
170 Posts
Testing BBcode in signature.

EDIT: It does not seem to have worked.

EDIT 2: I meant to say, I definitely prefer the dark mode to the light. I think it's much easier on the eyes and just generally better looking. Well done with that!

·
The spirit of the spirits
10,912 Posts
I dunno, I expected this update to be worse, but it's actually better than expected. However, I still don't like it. Hard to explain with words, but it made site feel messy, bloated. It's hard to find relevant stuff, but loads of stuff that nobody gives a damn is in your face. Also I have no idea which threads are read, and which aren't.

WTF is that accredited business and GDPR compliant logos? These look so lame.

·
Registered
ENFP-A - 2w3 - JEEP
5,047 Posts
This is great.

I want to be abrasive and oppose the change, simply because everything looks different and it's easy to oppose change for the sake of opposing change, but in truth....

The website is faster, the functionality is better, it's improved in every way.

Nice!
Yeah, change takes time to not backlash against. I'm only annoyed because I have to learn where everything is but I think in a couple of weeks I won't even care about the change.

As to my notes so far on bugs, my sig "picture part" doesn't seem to work anymore. There goes my Harley Quinn.

Also, pretty huge. A lot of us came to this site because of the MBTI, you've erased that label above our avatars. I kind of was proud of my ENFP. It just feels anytime I post, I'll have to explain, ENFP, coming in. You should really fix that. You gain a lot of traffic with the MBTI approach.

·
Ace of Spades
10w11 sp/so
3,091 Posts
editing and deleting posts also needs to be disabled from Mafia sub-forum
Whoops, I jumped the gun. This is actually the very important part! I forgot they can be edited/deleted elsewhere 😂

·
Registered
ISTJ
1,511 Posts
We can no longer see what was the most recent post under a forum and who posted it? Sometimes, that's what actually draws attentions to others to even want to post here - it invites interest. Now, the homepage is just a big wall of a text that doesn't stand out at all. Just my opinion, you don't have to do anything about it, but I suspect forum activity will now greatly decline even more than it already has because of this reason.

Curious though, what's the reason we can no longer see the detail under each forum? It seems oddly cold and not user friendly now that it just lists the forum titles.

·
The spirit of the spirits
10,912 Posts
We can no longer see what was the most recent post under a forum and who posted it? Sometimes, that's what actually draws attentions to others to even want to post here - it invites interest. Now, the homepage is just a big wall of a text that doesn't stand out at all. Just my opinion, you don't have to do anything about it, but I suspect forum activity will now greatly decline even more than it already has because of this reason.
It seems that shit ton of stuff got dumped too. There are no stats, types, sex, groups anymore. I frankly hate this transition as it is now. We should just all migrate to TypoC and forget that perC ever existed.

·
Administrator
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
my sig "picture part" doesn't seem to work anymore. There goes my Harley Quinn.
You may need to start with a new signature.

How To Create A Signature

Your signature can include up to 4 lines, a maximum of 1000 characters and one link. An image counts as a line. Anytime you hit "enter" on your keyboard, it will automatically go to a new line. Images will automatically be resized to 300 x 200 pixels. You can see more options in your settings to collapse signatures, always view full signature, or to not see signatures at all. The choice is yours.

Both guests and members can view signatures.

If a user has their preferences set to the default they will see collapsed signatures as in the example below for them. (They can click to see more.)

If a user has their preferences set to always show expanded signatures it will look like the example below for them. Your image can be clicked to view full size.

If you want to adjust your preferences for signatures you can click on your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site and select account settings.

In the left side navigation, you will see an option for preferences. Click it.

Scroll down to content options and select your signature preferences.

- Cricket

·
Registered
ENFP-A - 2w3 - JEEP
5,047 Posts
You may need to start with a new signature.

How To Create A Signature

Your signature can include up to 4 lines, a maximum of 1000 characters and one link. An image counts as a line. Anytime you hit "enter" on your keyboard, it will automatically go to a new line. Images will automatically be resized to 300 x 200 pixels. You can see more options in your settings to collapse signatures, always view full signature, or to not see signatures at all. The choice is yours.

Both guests and members can view signatures.

If a user has their preferences set to the default they will see collapsed signatures as in the example below for them. (They can click to see more.)

If a user has their preferences set to always show expanded signatures it will look like the example below for them. Your image can be clicked to view full size.

If you want to adjust your preferences for signatures you can click on your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site and select account settings.

In the left side navigation, you will see an option for preferences. Click it.

Scroll down to content options and select your signature preferences.

- Cricket
What about the ENFP above my avatar. Why did you take that away? I came to this site specifically because of the MBTI.

·
Administrator
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #37

·
Mafia God
170 Posts
That's what I would like to know as well and why is it 20 dollars? Like do we get live streaming movies? It's more expensive than Hulu or Netflix. Like 20 bucks.... really? For what?
It's $20 a year, not $20 a month. Unless you have a sick Netflix deal, in which case hook a guy up.

21 - 40 of 337 Posts