Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started this thread with the purpose of discovering if anyone else had any interesting differences in their 16 Personality quiz results and their Cognitive quiz results.

The very first time I took a 16 personality test, it was an offline one I took my senior year of high school. It was paid for, but I'm not sure which one it was. I scored equally between INFP, INFJ, INTP, and INTJ. After reading all of the personality types, I was convinced I was either the INFP or the ISFP even though I didn't score that one. I finally decided on the ISFP personality. As I became increasingly interested in personality types, I began doing some intensive research on functions and function interactions on each personality type, particularly looking at the differences between the personality types. With greater understanding, I finally realized that I was definitely Intuitive instead of Sensing. It may be benificial to add that I've scored INFP on almost every online personality test there is.

Anyways, now that I've gotten all my background information out of the way, when it comes to the Cognitive tests that tell you the percentage of how much you use each function, my results do not match the results you might expect of an INFP. It says I'm am most likely INFJ. These are my results:

Introverted Intuition (Ni) |||||||||||||||||||||| 10.26
Introverted Feeling (Fi) |||||||||||||||||||||| 10.08
Extroverted Feeling (Fe) ||||||||||||||||||||| 9.91
Introverted Sensation (Si) |||||||||||||||||| 8.47
Introverted Thinking (Ti) ||||||||||| 4.76
Extroverted Intuition (Ne) |||||| 2.3
Extroverted Thinking (Te) |||| 1.01
Extroverted Sensation (Se) || -1.43

I was suprised to score so low on Extroverted Intuition. It makes me wonder if we are not going deep enough when we say there are only 16 personality types. Although I guess you could ask the question "at what point do you stop analyzing?" At 100 types? 1,000?

Anyone else have interesting results like this?:happy:

·
Banned
137 Posts
do you have a link to the quiz?

·
Banned
4,790 Posts
I wouldn't trust any cognitive test, really. It's so hard to quantify how mental processes work. Especially considering that two functions working together can easily seem like another function entirely (Se-Ti looking like Ne or something similar).

For that matter, no personality test is going to be 100% accurate. You're better off studying the system like you have been doing.

·
(ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧
5,110 Posts
Introverted Intuition (Ni) |||||||||||||||||||||| 10.26
Introverted Feeling (Fi) |||||||||||||||||||||| 10.08
The reason why the Cognitive Function test gives you several top possibilities for you type is because of results like this. 10.26 and 10.08 are literally a fraction of a point away. Just for illustration purposes, 1 full point is equivalent to one more bubble. That is, the difference between answering 4 and 5 on one question is one point. So imagine how small .08 of a point is.

So, if you had gotten just a slight amount more on Fi, you would have gotten INFP as a result. That fraction of a point is what tipped it over. Sometimes these "close calls" can happen, which would give you a result you didn't expect. I compensated for that effect by making it display the next highest possibilities so that you would still get your correct type in the mix even if it was a close call.

Currently, the test merely displays the top three candidates for your type. I am working on an add-on to the test that will convert this into a percentage chance, so it should be more obvious. In this case, the code probably would have returned something very similar to 50% INFJ/50% INFP. I'm still working on that code, so don't hold me to that. :p

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! That makes sense. I think it's weird how I scored so low on Ne, though. If I were to rate the functions for myself I would rate that one pretty high for me. But it was significantly lower than all the others on the quiz besides Extroverted Sensing and Extroverted Thinking (both understandably low).

·
5,110 Posts
Thanks! That makes sense. I think it's weird how I scored so low on Ne, though. If I were to rate the functions for myself I would rate that one pretty high for me. But it was significantly lower than all the others on the quiz besides Extroverted Sensing and Extroverted Thinking (both understandably low).
The next change after the percentage function will be a few more questions, which should improve accuracy. The great thing about this test is that in many ways it's a community effort, many of the questions in the current version were based on community input so it's only getting more accurate with time.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The next change after the percentage function will be a few more questions, which should improve accuracy. The great thing about this test is that in many ways it's a community effort, many of the questions in the current version were based on community input so it's only getting more accurate with time.
That's cool! I didn't know that the community had any input in it! I love things that are constantly improving.

·
5,110 Posts
That's cool! I didn't know that the community had any input in it! I love things that are constantly improving.
Yes, in the main thread about this test (in the Cognitive Functions forum) people have proposed many suggestions that made it into the test version that's currently up on the site.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts