Personality Cafe banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems that I get more stable results on the Enneagram tests than on the Myers-Briggs ones, where results tend to vary sometimes. Anyone with similar experiences?

Though I think I am somewhere in the middle of the Thinking-Feeling continuum, here are some results I've got by various online MBTI tests.

41q.com says I am INFJ
mypersonality.info leans more toward INTP
similarminds.com tends to show me as INFP, though F and T are rather close to balanced (such as 54% vs 46%)
teamtechnology.co.uk/mmdi/questionnaire/ says I am either INTP or INFP

Enneagram tests are usually more coherent in the results they display - 4w5, with a heavy wing.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
Mine don't vary by much. You might just have to think about the questions a bit more.

41q- INTP, but very close on T/F
MyPersonality- INTP
SimilarMinds- INTP, but very close on T/F
TeamTechnology- ENTP or INTx

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
I've tested mostly ISTP and once or twice as INTP. Tests don't really work for me now, because I know the intent behind the questions (this is a question concerning S/N...). I no longer trust their accuracy in my case. But they are a good starting point for someone who knows nothing about it.

·
Registered
523 Posts
They all say I'm an INTP except the last one which says I'm an INTP or an ENTP. It's a bit difficult for me not to game these tests, however; I've taken so many online tests now...:mellow: Sometimes it varies acording to mood also.

I've gotten INTJ on a few tests but I don't identify with the descriptions. Oasionally I think I may be an ISTP or ENTP, but then I remember why I was so certain I'm an INTP.

I haven't taken many enneagram tests since I don't find it as interesting as the MBTI and get bored more quickly, but I've gotten both 5w4 and 5w6 as well as 4w5 (these results were separated by several months), but I'm retty sure I'm a type 5.

If tests aren't working so well why don't you read different descriptions of each of the types that you've gotten and see which fits best? Or were you just wondering whether other people had erratic results on online tests?

Have you tried the Function Analysis test? Link: Keys 2 Cognition - Cognitive Processes It shows which functions you favour insted of trying to determine I/E, N/S, T/F, P/J so from your answers you also get which fits second best.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If tests aren't working so well why don't you read different descriptions of each of the types that you've gotten and see which fits best? Or were you just wondering whether other people had erratic results on online tests?
I am probing to see how many people have had this issue. I, too, have taken lots of tests and try not to be influenced by the questions, always making evaluating reference to my behavior over time and playing "I don't know my type". Since all these tests have slightly different questions, if a person is close to the middle, it is possible to get slightly different results. However, descriptions sometimes can really clean up the fog. Or taking another test. Thanks for the link, I'll check it! :)

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
41q.com INFP
mypersonality.info INFP
similarminds.com INFP
teamtechnology.co.uk/mmdi/questionnaire/ INFP

I score as INFP pretty much all the time. On the rare occasion I don't come out INFP, tests like to say I am INFJ. Even one of the function tests did this (same test, one scored INFJ other INFP).

My Enneagram is quite a bit more complicated. I had to self reflect for a good week solid to become sure of my type. I would score as half the spectrum. I am 9 though... 9w1.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts