Personality Cafe banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Whats the difference between or comparison between "running/jogging/walking" and "yoga".?

I mean how you know which one is more suitable or beneficial for you.?

Regards

·
exploring space
10,455 Posts
You can try them and see for yourself. And it also depends on your goals and what you like. Running and jogging are primarily cardiovascular exercises, while yoga has a lot of strength and stretching components. Best is to do a bit of everything, for health.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I would also say that it's most beneficial to do a little bit of different things and focus most on something you enjoy most or possibly depending on goals. So strength, stretching, cardio, balance... and is there something else I'm not thinking of now? And of course if you have some injuries or something that hinders some kind of movement, then you have to take that in account. Some excercises, like running, can for example put a heavy load on your joints, so if you have problems with your knees for example, swimming or walking might be more beneficial for you than running.

But for maximum benefits, I'd advice finding an excercise that you truly enjoy and make sure you can do that, then build the rest around that. Like I enjoy dancing, and at some point I realized that as I wasn't doing that much other kinds of excercise, it would also be beneficial for me in dancing to do a bit more core training especially and other muscles too, as those were things that weren't developing much there, but would be good to be better at to be a better dancer.

lol that's a bit of a general sort of answer, so sorry if you were looking for something more specific. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.