Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys complain a lot about everything to everyone? Or is that just me? I've been called a negative nancy, complainer, annoying, whiner...not sure if this is normal or I'm just annoying. In which case, I should stop talking completely because all I do is complain. Fuck. I'm so fucking jewish.

Reactions: Benny

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I don't complain often either, I find it makes me depressed!

·
Registered
728 Posts
Heck yeah (-: I have a lot of problems with the world I live in, I am not content about the way things are run. Maybe we are just unsatisfied with our lives, in that they don't yet have the meaning, companionship, challenges, and opportunities that we are craving. Some people are happy going to the bars and having a one night stand, others are constantly yearning for something more, something that most everyone else is avoiding. I don't think I've ever been 'cool' with my school, my job, or my relationships. I'm angry about the way things are and frustrated that I can't change them. Most of all, I am not afraid to call people on their BS, and out immoral crap that the government and culture propogates. But your average joe just doesn't want to hear it. Bliss is ignorant, in my opinion.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Both INFP's I know complain A LOTTTTTTT. But I've noticed they only complain to people they feel comfortable with.

It's funny you brought up the negative nancy thing Elissa, because the mom of one of the INFP's I know calls him Debbie Downer (SNL skit) all the time.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I don't really complain much to to other people...if I do, usually it's something that I know they can relate to, and usually, it isn't very personal. In my head, it's a much more different story. Because I'm such a negative and critical person, there's tons of things that I complain about mentally, although I try not to let it bother me, it kinda has its moments. .-.

Oh, if I do feel if I'm complaining too much to other people, I'll try to bring up something that's positive in hopes of "negating" the excess amount of complaining.

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
i complain a lot, but usually i find that i complain only when 1) for the sake of conversation 2) something is really bugging me.

usually for the sake of conversation though because i really dont know how to make proper conversation...

·
Registered
43 Posts
I complain a lot in my head. On the outside, people consider me UBER-HAPPY CHEERFUL SMILEY YAYAYAYZ.
It makes me lol. XD I am good at hiding my negativity, or what is left of it.
I'm exactly the same. I think I used to complain a lot more when I was younger, but realized it got me no where. That and my parents made sure to set me straight.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I complain a lot! (But with a lot of qualifiers!) And I usually turn my complaints into jokes!

This morning I went to get something checked, and the doctor told me to eat healthy, get lots of sleep, drink plenty of water, and take the medication. I asked, "What about exercise? You didn't mention exercise! You're a bad doctor!!" Hehe, that was fun.

I love complaining. Especially after spending most of my life bottling things in. I find that whining and whatnot (in a humorous way as much as I can) helps let people know what I feel and think, at the very least.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Almost never complain. I'm anti-stress as I believe that's why a lot of people get major illnesses.

In that same respect, I'm the type to take charge of a situation and change it to something more favorable for me. If anything, the challenge makes things interesting and thus I have no reason to complain -anyways-.

·
Banned
2,025 Posts
"I'm so fucking jewish." Er, um, not the best thing even for an actual Jew to say.

Is that a complaint? Maybe, but a fair one. Offline I tend to complain to people about things in my life that are very difficult to change. I've been tagged as negative for basically my entire adult life. If I had more positive things to talk about, I would. As it stands, I'd rather listen to other people discuss their lives than discuss mine.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Almost never complain. I'm anti-stress as I believe that's why a lot of people get major illnesses.

In that same respect, I'm the type to take charge of a situation and change it to something more favorable for me. If anything, the challenge makes things interesting and thus I have no reason to complain -anyways-.
How do you become anti-stress?:tongue:

·
Registered
29 Posts
I complain A LOT when I'm stressed. So instead of complaining all the time I just manage my stress by not taking on things that I know will stress me out. It's not really dealing with the complaining emotionally because I get out-of-control when I am stressed and really can't control myself 'til I'm less stressed. So i bypass the whole issue by simply doing less. I'm sure that kinda thinking would annoy people like its an excuse to be lazier, but they really "don't want to see me when I'm angry" lol. It's better for everyone if I just play in the background and not lead anything critical. I think it's more valuable to know what you can and can't do, than destroy yourself trying to do things you have no ability doing. Nothing is so important for you to be able to do that it's worth lying to yourself and everyone around you.

I have issues driving in cities with busy streets, especially when I've never been there.. so.. i don't do it. High stress makes me mad and bitchy. Since changing lanes in congestion makes me stressed, I just avoid it. So if I know that I have to drive through a city I will make sure that I don't have to change lanes and if I do, I change lanes asap instead of waiting til just before the turn (sometimes miles before, it's just a way to minimize stress).

I've tried to be better about stewing in the stress, but nothing works... only avoidance.

[All that is probably more of an atychiphobia or OCD cause and effect than a specific INFP thing.]

1 - 20 of 40 Posts