Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find that I do better when performing a task or solving a problem that would be considered more complex. Given enough time, I can figure almost anything out. When it comes to something that should be easy, more mundane tasks, I have difficulty functioning... especially when I'm being instructed or monitored. e.g. Learning to drive.

Can other INFPs relate to this? Why do you think this is? AND if you can relate, please tell me if you have found a solution. :) Thanks.

Reactions: starflower and Drea

·
Registered
926 Posts
With easy tasks my brain goes to sleep. I just cannot be bothered to spend my time on doing them. I force myself to do it. But still afterwards I feel drained.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
That happens sometimes with me. Where I think a task will be hard and then I do and it's a breeze. With simple tasks I'm just more of a procrastinator and when someone is watching I'm either nervous or very on edge to not mess up or just on edge with the annoyance of them watching me.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Yup. Best way I can say it is that calculus is way easier than sorting legos by color or size.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I must be quite weird as at times i PREFER simple mundane tasks...you can think and daydream a LOT while still being able to do your job!

I must find that Scott Adams quote about doing mundane working and doing things you like(though not necessarily work related) at the same time as THE solution for getting through most of modern day work.

Interesting blog which I think everyone can relate to
When Work Sucks Tiny Island

·
Registered
26 Posts
I find even when getting instructions for simple tasks, I'm so nervous I'll screw up my mind sort of blanks out and I need to be re-explained things often. This is only with people I dont know, like at a new job.

·
Registered
391 Posts
What's easy for others is not easy for me, and the other way around. I enjoy complex thinking and ideas, sometimes. I enjoy figuring out people so much more than cleaning my kitchen, when all the STJs around me think people are too complex and impossible to understand, but cleaning a kitchen is so easy. People are complex - all the different personalities, motivations, the whole nature vs nurture thing, the ways people interact, and why they react the ways they do. But I find it fascinating and interesting. Cleaning a kitchen is boring. It needs to be done on a daily basis, constantly, it seems. Nothing changes, unless I change it. Dishes still need washing. Stove still needs scrubbing. Floors still need sweeping. Day after day after day. Easy for them. Not for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts