Personality Cafe banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
8,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there! :)
In your experience/opinion, what are some of the best music composition software options out there right now? I have been using Sibelius, is it still the best way to go, or are there any other environments that allow for greater flexibility? Any input greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Hi there! :)
In your experience/opinion, what are some of the best music composition software options out there right now? I have been using Sibelius, is it still the best way to go, or are there any other environments that allow for greater flexibility? Any input greatly appreciated.

Pro-tools 11 :) I usually compose my own music and then record my music using that software. For that software, you have to connect your piano/keyboard as well as your microphone to the mixer before you are able to record your music with the software.

·
Banned
8,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pro-tools 11 :) I usually compose my own music and then record my music using that software. For that software, you have to connect your piano/keyboard as well as your microphone to the mixer before you are able to record your music with the software.
Thanks for the pointer! On the Avid website right now, learning about Pro-Tools. :)

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
I'm old school when it comes to composing :tongue:

If I want to record, I just buy some time at a professional studio. Although, I have been considering getting my own setup at home. I've only just started to research it the last few weeks. Tbh, based on what I've seen so far, the studio is cheaper and easier. I would have to be recording at least twice a month to make the software investment worthwhile.

I'll be interested to see any other suggestions or tips that come out of this thread.

·
Banned
8,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm old school when it comes to composing :tongue:

If I want to record, I just buy some time at a professional studio. Although, I have been considering getting my own setup at home. I've only just started to research it the last few weeks. Tbh, based on what I've seen so far, the studio is cheaper and easier. I would have to be recording at least twice a month to make the software investment worthwhile.

I'll be interested to see any other suggestions or tips that come out of this thread.
Interesting perspective! Thanks! :)

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Guitar Pro 5 :))

When I need to export something a normal human being would have a chance of appreciating, I run the MIDI through FL Studio and Superior Drummer. I used to do everything in FL (FL Slayer is a decent plugin for doing guitars with) but I got fed up with the lack of note dynamics like pitch bend and vibrato and stuff. So Guitar Pro.

Reactions: FluffyTheAnarchist
1 - 6 of 6 Posts