Personality Cafe banner

Have you made any compromises and were you happy living with them?

• Made compromises and I am happy with them.

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Made compromises and was not happy with them.

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Did not make any compromise and I am happy with this choice even if I miss chances.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Did not make any compromise and I wish I had made them.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there fellow NFs, I'm curious to know what's your view on compromises, have you made any of them and if yes, how did it end up in the end? Was it a big one or a small one and were you able to be happy living with it?

Feel free to share your experiences, theories, imaginary scenarios or whatever you feel like sharing. :proud:

I was thinking these days, there is this athlete, she loves the mountains and she sort of made a pact with "the devil". She climbs mountains, she climbed some of the highest in the world, like over 7000 meters and she agreed to be sponsored by a mining company which will actually destroy a few mountains to mine for gold, they will simply erase the mountains from the face of the Earth and replace them with huge lakes filled with chemicals resulted in the process. It got me thinking, she is having her dreams come true, she made some really amazing experiences and got what she wanted, she pushed her limits to the edge, but with what cost, a small part of what she loves will be destroyed. What do you think, is it worth it, would you have done something similar for something/someone you love?

What about this scenario, in order for us to put men on the Moon and visit Mars and explore the outer space, a small country becomes unlivable. Is that worth it?

I have made quite a few compromises, mostly for people I love or for things I really wanted. Sometimes it meant giving up on myself, doing things I did not want to do and not doing things I wanted to do. Eventually those were sacrifices I could not live with, they proved to be toxic for me and they had to stop.

Feeling philosophic right now. :happy:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts