Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
38,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I can't see that there is a thread for this yet and I'm not sure if this is the place to ask for such things
but do you guys know about any forums you would recommend to ask about computer problems without trying to sell you stuff.

·
Registered
840 Posts
The only English language forum I attend to sometimes is overclock.net. It's mainly for the enthusiasts of OC, but there are plenty of competent people around to talk about anything computer-related.

Reactions: Electra

·
Registered
5,729 Posts
Yes, but they are mostly specialized forums. The best forum to go to depends on what kind of problem you are having. Hardware problem? Software problem? Windows, Mac, Unix-based OS?

The only place I know of for someone with multiple or unspecified computer problems is stackexchange, but you'd need to narrow down your problem to one of the available categories. Also you need to be familiar with tech forum etiquette: namely, you will be expected to have tried to solve the problem yourself (by at least searching for it online) and to clearly explain what you tried in detail when you ask for help.

·
Premium Member
38,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, but they are mostly specialized forums. The best forum to go to depends on what kind of problem you are having. Hardware problem? Software problem? Windows, Mac, Unix-based OS?

The only place I know of for someone with multiple or unspecified computer problems is stackexchange, but you'd need to narrow down your problem to one of the available categories. Also you need to be familiar with tech forum etiquette: namely, you will be expected to have tried to solve the problem yourself (by at least searching for it online) and to clearly explain what you tried in detail when you ask for help.
ty!
It's a hardware issue for a HP computer with windows on it. :)
I allways try to solve my own problems before I ask lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts