Personality Cafe banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there! Alright, so I'm now wondering about youth culture's favorite late show host, Conan O'Brien. What type do you think he is?

Here are some examples of his humor:

This one is during the writer's strike, so this is his humor coming out:

Interview:

The sentimental side (towards the end, you can see he is trying not to get teary):

If you want to take guesses at Jay Leno & Dave Letterman too, go ahead!

·
Registered
826 Posts
conan is entp. letterman is entj. leno is a bit harder for me to type, at first he seems enfp(the giddyness), but then he is very interested in cars and pretty ordinary stuff, so he could be a sensor.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Connan O'Brian seems ENFP to me. I get compared to that guy almost daily.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Conan is definitely ENFP, haven't seen many TP's being as emotional as him. I have the same sense of humor as him though
as emotional? you must be kidding. i have seen alot of his shows, but he has hardly ever been sentimental except for a very fiew occations with good reason. beside, do you think only feelers are emotional? he's a pretty clear cut entp, a mature one at that (as people get older the more developed feeling side they get). also, there's a huge difference between Fi and Fe. enfps are more adorable while entps are more nerdy.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Got a cousin who is super funny and sometimes reminds me of him...and he is an enfp. I wonder if Conan is one too.

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
11,408 Posts
Yes, ENFP.

At first l thought ENTP too but when l put him next to en ENTP like Bill Maher the ole F really jumps out at me ;)

Not just that though, l watched the show for years. He is truly hilarious but looking back l get a consistent f vibe. Also from the way he reacted when booted from NBC (still one of the worst decisions they've ever made). Ugh, Jay Leno sucks so hard.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Entp.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I had always wondered if he was a type 3. Especially after watching the graduation speech he delivered at Dartmouth. He seems to be a bit of a workaholic. My cousin watched a live taping of Conan and even though Conan was sick with a very sore throat, he still continued on normally as if nothing was wrong.

Then I continued to research, cuz I LOVE Conan and really want to know his enneagram type, and found several people saying that Conan is clearly a head center type. Possibly a 7w6. I saw one link mention 6w7. I could see both 6 and 7, but I wanted to know which came first.

He seems positive and optimistic like a 7 and sometimes seems scattered with his thoughts. But then again, I strongly think he is an ENFP, who are often optimistic and with their Ne, they can go from thought to thought rapidly as well.

So I tried sitting with the idea of him being a 6 and wasn't really sure if I could see it. But then I saw this video of him on 60 minutes:

Conan O'Brien - 60 Minutes - CBS News

At 4:45 min he talks about being a "paranoid person" and being a person who can "come up with lots of negative scenarios", which strikes me as being a 6. (But then again, I wonder if Ne can do this to a person as well)...Anyways, that made the argument of him being a 6 stronger to me.

Then I think of how 6's can often be overcome with fear, yet are often quite adept and strong in crisis situations. How he was able to manage and get back on his feet again seems like a 6 who helped handle a crisis well (though it understandably took time and he was depressed for a while). Even when a joke bombs on Conan (a mini-crisis for comedians)he is amazing when he handles it so well afterwards. Sometimes I look forward for the joke to bomb just to watch his funny reactions to it.

If he is a 6, then that explains why I saw 3 in him before. And if he is a 6, then this could explain a little bit of why he doesn't seem as openly emotional on tv (except on rare situations) as an NF would seem to be. My mom is an ISFJ-6 and sometimes she could pass as a thinker type because of how often she relies on logic to make her decisions versus her feelings.

I don't know any 6w7s IRL though, so I am not sure if this is his type, but just trying to rationalize it given his interviews and shows, makes me see that it is possible.

Reactions: Dora
1 - 13 of 13 Posts