Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you concentrate on the now to get things done?

I'm having issues with concentrating on what needs to be done now. I worry to much about the future even though I know it is uncertain.

I think a lot of INFP's might have problems with this, so, lets start a list of tips on how to get things done and stop day dreaming!

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
If the deadline is close enough, then I have no problems forcing myself to buckle down to get it done. But I do have to give myself little breaks and surround stressful things with things to destress.

Reactions: Goosefish

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Depends on the task, but....

Brainstorm! Over the course of a week or so (maybe longer). When you have something in your mind, even casually, you'll start to think of genius ideas (write it down!). Eventually you'll have a good list that you can draw from once you actually do whatever it is.

I have a "serious" mode. Usually it's green tea, being well dressed, and no music. I notice when I did term papers in University while in sweats or whatever, it was really half assed, but when I was fully dressed up then I'd actually be impressed with what I wrote letter.

Make short plans, ie: in the next 6 months I want to complete ________________.

Find a partner (friend / date) to do the task with. Usually I hype them up sooo much that they get that fire in their belly. Then if my fire fades a bit, I can just gather some warmth from them later :D.

I'll leave it there, but curious what other people have to say.

edit: meh, I didn't quite follow the "now", but short term at least :p.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts