Personality Cafe banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
INFJ 5w4 here. I have this repetitive thinking patterns that lead to massive concentration problems. I mean, I can do stuff but for example I am almost unable to read books and stuff like that. It's reallly annoying. Thinking back, I defenitely was depressed for years until a few months ago. I don't know why it stopped. I think I was depressed because of my loneliness. But nothing changed, I'm still, like many INFJs kind of psychologically seperated from others. I think I'm locked in this Ni-Ti thinking loop and I just can't get out because noone I told it had such experiences. Did any of you have this problem or do you have it right now? Please tell me I'm not alone with that.

·
Registered
25,972 Posts
You're not alone.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
If you've been depressed for years it's no wonder if concentration still isn't your forte. It will get better in time. Just do what you can to be content and retrain your brain slowly to do things like reading.

Meditation in which you focus on your breath and revert your attention back to it every time the mind starts to wander, has actually been shown to improve concentration, so I'd recommend it. For much the same reason it is the most typical meditation against stress (in which the mind constantly wanders.)

·
Banned
14,145 Posts
Ugh. Ni/Ti loops are the worst! It's spazzy and obsessive overthinking and anxiety stuck. So no, you're not alone with that. I tend to jump from thing to thing and go through the cycles of book binging.. And, idk. I'm ADD but can't afford to be on meds and really, I'm dubious about their long term use. My concentration is better when I'm active regularly like with spin class, yoga, weights. I don't particularly enjoy these activities per se (I don't hate them either) but it's more like my energy is better - I think better so I do it (not as consistently as I should) but I do it... Maybe you might want to try an activity or hobby to help you. I know I'm not the only one who had experienced this.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I have had massive concentration problems when I was younger. Not as much anymore. What always helped and still does for me, is to drain my body of physical and mental energy. This is easily done by excersizing. I don't know if you do that already, but it tends to do wonders. Nothing helps me end a crappy day better than a tough training that leaves me too tired to worry. This will help me tremendously to focus my remaining energy on a singular task.

Also, whenever I have to write an essay or work on my research, I tend to listen to certain types of music mixes that helps me get into a 'trancy' mood. Does wonders when I want to focus and avoid distraction. I cannot post links yet, but type: "4 hours Peaceful & Relaxing Instrumental Music-Long Playlist" on youtube. That is an example of some mixes I used to listen to while attending my studies or when I had to write/read a lot.

Hope this helps! :)

·
Registered
4,385 Posts
Usually when people have concentration issues it could be due to external factors like a poor diet, poor sleep, and all that. Heck, could even be gluten or some other type of food allergy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts