Personality Cafe banner
41 - 60 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Be a simp and own it, be a simp and be proud of it, as long as you are also loved back. And when your simping / caring behavior is going to be loved.
NO!

Simps get friend-zoned. Which means she'll rely on you for the emotional (and often financial) support she's not getting from the man (or men) she actually sleeps with. If you find yourself in the zone, just walk away. Because that relationship is never going to be healthy, or lead to romance. Just heartbreak. If she were actually into you, there would be no other man because she would not even be able to imagine being with anyone but you.

I speak from experience, because I've been on both sides of the zone. Yes, women can get friend-zoned too, and it's worse because they mutilate themselves trying to figure out what part of their body isn't sexually attracting you. Based on some random thing you said months ago. Don't do that to someone, or let them do it to you!

Walk. Away.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
NO!

Simps get friend-zoned. Which means she'll rely on you for the emotional (and often financial) support she's not getting from the man (or men) she actually sleeps with. If you find yourself in the zone, just walk away. Because that relationship is never going to be healthy, or lead to romance. Just heartbreak. If she were actually into you, there would be no other man because she would not even be able to imagine being with anyone but you.

I speak from experience, because I've been on both sides of the zone. Yes, women can get friend-zoned too, and it's worse because they mutilate themselves trying to figure out what part of their body isn't sexually attracting you. Based on some random thing you said months ago. Don't do that to someone, or let them do it to you!

Walk. Away.
As a woman, I'm fine being friendzoned. Rejection isn't the end of the world.

·
Registered
73 Posts
You do realize that not all women plug into a hive-mind, right?
It's curious to me that you use the term "Hive Mind". It indicates that you want to be seen as different for its own sake.

But you're probably more like your fellow humans than you'd like to admit. In that you would probably prefer to experience an actual loving relationship. I wish you the best in finding it.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
It's curious to me that you use the term "Hive Mind". It indicates that you want to be seen as different for its own sake.
Wrong. I perceive people as individuals. Look into genetics and epigenetics.

But you're probably more like your fellow humans than you'd like to admit. In that you would probably prefer to experience an actual loving relationship. I wish you the best in finding it.
No shit but that doesn't mean that everyone loses their mind from being friendzoned. That's your ego talking.

·
Host
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ VLFE
20,610 Posts
Sigh... Here's some clues for the clueless...

1) Women will decide, within seconds of meeting you, whether they are interested in you. It has almost nothing to do with your looks. Women respond to confidence and wit.
2) Women do not talk (outside of work) to men who do not interest them. Period. If they are talking to you, they are interested. So get to know them a bit and see if YOU are interested.
3) Any woman you know who, seeing you across a room, comes up to talk to you is potential dating material. Especially if they play with their hair, earrings, etc. as they talk. Learn the flirt signs.
4) To seduce... Be friendly, tease them a little, make them laugh, and be a bit unpredictable at all times. You will be surprised how quickly and eagerly women will respond to this.
5) The real keepers will tease you right back. Because this shows that they have confidence in themselves.
6) To repel a woman you don't like, be really nice and non-threatening (uninteresting). They will almost immediately vanish.
I've also had a lot of luck with looking them in the eyes and really listening to what they have to say. Just about everyone wants to feel they are being heard, even if they are not fully understood. I've found women pleasantly surprised to have me recall something they told me months/years before that I took seriously enough to remember because I knew it was important to them.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Wrong. I perceive people as individuals. Look into genetics and epigenetics.

No shit but that doesn't mean that everyone loses their mind from being friendzoned. That's your ego talking.
Since I know quite a bit about genetics and epigenetics, I fail to see the connection. As an INTJ, rare as we are, I'm pretty damn similar to all of the other INTJs I've met. We mostly differ in our experiences and maturity.

As for friend zones, it's not my ego talking but my experience. I'll allow that your own experience may be perceived differently by you at this stage of your life. But I still believe that real loving relationships are superior to fake ones where the love only travels in one direction.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Since I know quite a bit about genetics and epigenetics, I fail to see the connection. As an INTJ, rare as we are, I'm pretty damn similar to all of the other INTJs I've met. We mostly differ in our experiences and maturity.
It's highly doubtful there's much knowledge underpinning your comments, if you fail to see the connection.

As for friend zones, it's not my ego talking but my experience. I'll allow that your own experience may be perceived differently by you at this stage of your life. But I still believe that real loving relationships are superior to fake ones where the love only travels in one direction.
No, it's your ego speaking, hence why you fear being friendzoned and get an ego boost from the actions of a purported unstable female.

·
Registered
73 Posts
It's highly doubtful there's much knowledge underpinning your comments, if you fail to see the connection.

No, it's your ego speaking, hence why you fear being friendzoned and get an ego boost from the actions of a purported unstable female.
It's highly doubtful there's much knowledge underpinning your comments, when you fail to convincingly elaborate on that which you've asserted.

When I talk about having friend-zoned the woman I mentioned, the emotions I feel are shame and regret, not pride. I knew it was wrong. I knew I was causing her pain. But I did it anyway because I enjoyed talking to her. A different woman might not have expressed her angst in the same way, but it would still have been wrong to for me to do it once I realized that she couldn't accept that we were never going to be anything but friends.

I think that perhaps you are confusing being friend-zoned with accepting that the person you love is simply your friend. The former is a delusional relationship. The latter is not. It is the delusion that destroys the mind.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
It's highly doubtful there's much knowledge underpinning your comments, when you fail to convincingly elaborate on that which you've asserted.
Since you never asked for an elaboration, only dismissing it because of an absence of knowledge, this assertion isn't logical.

When I talk about having friend-zoned the woman I mentioned, the emotions I feel are shame and regret, not pride. I knew it was wrong. I knew I was causing her pain. But I did it anyway because I enjoyed talking to her. A different woman might not have expressed her angst in the same way, but it would still have been wrong to for me to do it once I realized that she couldn't accept that we were never going to be anything but friends.

I think that perhaps you are confusing being friend-zoned with accepting that the person you love is simply your friend. The former is a delusional relationship. The latter is not. It is the delusion that destroys the mind.
But that's just it. Most sane people can accept rejection without losing their minds, hence why being friend-zoned isn't a big deal.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Since you never asked for an elaboration, only dismissing it because of an absence of knowledge, this assertion isn't logical.

But that's just it. Most sane people can accept rejection without losing their minds, hence why being friend-zoned isn't a big deal.
You are engaged in a discussion where you asserted that genetics and epigenetics had some bearing on the subject at hand. When I said that I failed to see the connection, despite having knowledge of those subjects, that was where... logically... you needed to assert the superior knowledge that you supposedly possess.

Instead you are playing semantic games in an effort to exert unearned logical superiority in order to not have to elaborate on your claims. I can therefore only assume that you have no such knowledge.

As for friend-zoning, I see that I was correct. You have failed to see the difference between the deceptive parasitic relationship that "friend-zoning" represents, and the entirely healthily acceptance that someone you love does not love you in return.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
You are engaged in a discussion where you asserted that genetics and epigenetics had some bearing on the subject at hand. When I said that I failed to see the connection, despite having knowledge of those subjects, that was where... logically... you needed to assert the superior knowledge that you supposedly possess.

Instead you are playing semantic games in an effort to exert unearned logical superiority in order to not have to elaborate on your claims. I can therefore only assume that you have no such knowledge.
Behavioral genetics requires environmental triggers. Behavioral genetics can also be affected by amendments to RNA. Do you now understand how people are individuals, considering the myriad of possibilities?

As for friend-zoning, I see that I was correct. You have failed to see the difference between the deceptive parasitic relationship that "friend-zoning" represents, and the entirely healthily acceptance that someone you love does not love you in return.
Like I said, most sane people can accept being friend-zoned. That is, unless their sole focus was on the sexual aspects of their relationship. Being friend-zoned can mean that you can still enjoy interacting with the person you like, gaining a friend.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Behavioral genetics requires environmental triggers. Behavioral genetics can also be affected by amendments to RNA. Do you now understand how people are individuals, considering the myriad of possibilities?
So you understand a little about epigenetics, but know nothing about statistics. You seem to assume that epigenetic triggers are completely random. But this is not the case. Specific inputs lead to predictable likelihoods of specific outcomes. Such as the age of the father having a high correlation with having autistic children.

Therefore, you need to think about how shared environments (geographic, chemical, social) produce shared epigenetic triggers. Which means that you are still more similar to those you grew up with than not. Across a wider array of traits (body weight, intelligence, cancer frequency, confidence, conformity, conscientious , neuroticism, muscle mass, etc., etc.)

Consequently, whether you grew up in a large city or on a farm will tell me much more about your likely mental and physical traits than any other piece of information. Because those two groups live in very different environments where the epigenetic triggers will be shared by those populations. In addition, the kind of environment you grew up in can be guessed with a high degree of accuracy though visual observation and a short conversation.

Like I said, most sane people can accept being friend-zoned. That is, unless their sole focus was on the sexual aspects of their relationship. Being friend-zoned can mean that you can still enjoy interacting with the person you like, gaining a friend.
Apparently you lack the intelligence to understand the difference between being “friend-zoned” and being a friend. “Friend-Zoning” describes a specific type of parasitic fake relationship that is in many ways similar to how simps are manipulated into giving money to THOTs on OnlyFans. Or to strippers in a club “that really like them”.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
So you understand a little about epigenetics, but know nothing about statistics. You seem to assume that epigenetic triggers are completely random. But this is not the case. Specific inputs lead to predictable likelihoods of specific outcomes. Such as the age of the father having a high correlation with having autistic children.

Therefore, you need to think about how shared environments (geographic, chemical, social) produce shared epigenetic triggers. Which means that you are still more similar to those you grew up with than not. Across a wider array of traits (body weight, intelligence, cancer frequency, confidence, conformity, conscientious , neuroticism, muscle mass, etc., etc.)

Consequently, whether you grew up in a large city or on a farm will tell me much more about your likely mental and physical traits than any other piece of information. Because those two groups live in very different environments where the epigenetic triggers will be shared by those populations. In addition, the kind of environment you grew up in can be guessed with a high degree of accuracy though visual observation and a short conversation.

Apparently you lack the intelligence to understand the difference between being “friend-zoned” and being a friend. “Friend-Zoning” describes a specific type of parasitic fake relationship that is in many ways similar to how simps are manipulated into giving money to THOTs on OnlyFans. Or to strippers in a club “that really like them”.
I don't have the energy to point out all the fallacies and errors in this post so I'll leave you with one thought. Dunning Kruger strikes again.

·
Retired Administrator
17,701 Posts
What is the difference between being friend zoned and just being friends with someone?

Is it because at one point there was at least a one-sided attraction with the friendzoning, or some kind of romantic expectation?

I've never understood why people complain about friend zoning so much--it just sounds like being friends with someone. I've been on both sides of friend zoning and it doesn't bother me at all. I think that it's probably the best foundation for any relationship, but if a person is a good enough friend then the friendship can stand alone without romance, and the person should/does respect that their friend is ready for a healthy relationship. Because why wouldn't you want your friend to be happy? If they are a true friend you care about them, you are not just attracted to them.

Women might be confused by the social expectation that says "all men want to sleep with women" and think there's something wrong with them if a man rejects them, but it's stupid--just as it's stupid to depict something like friendship as negative, just because it doesn't have a romantic element. (Also I am not calling anyone stupid--I am saying the idea is stupid because it is harmful, and I don't like ideas that harm people.)

That being said, there are times when it's just better not to continue a friendship or see someone a lot--could be for any reason at all. So it's important to be able to accept when friendship just doesn't work for any reason, even if it's because of unresolved romantic feelings. I think.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
What is the difference between being friend zoned and just being friends with someone?

Is it because at one point there was at least a one-sided attraction with the friendzoning, or some kind of romantic expectation?

I've never understood why people complain about friend zoning so much--it just sounds like being friends with someone. I've been on both sides of friend zoning and it doesn't bother me at all. I think that it's probably the best foundation for any relationship, but if a person is a good enough friend then the friendship can stand alone without romance, and the person should/does respect that their friend is ready for a healthy relationship. Because why wouldn't you want your friend to be happy? If they are a true friend you care about them, you are not just attracted to them.

Women might be confused by the social expectation that says "all men want to sleep with women" and think there's something wrong with them if a man rejects them, but it's stupid--just as it's stupid to depict something like friendship as negative, just because it doesn't have a romantic element. (Also I am not calling anyone stupid--I am saying the idea is stupid because it is harmful, and I don't like ideas that harm people.)

That being said, there are times when it's just better not to continue a friendship or see someone a lot--could be for any reason at all. So it's important to be able to accept when friendship just doesn't work for any reason, even if it's because of unresolved romantic feelings. I think.
Time and time again, I want to be friend zoned, as in 'I beg of you, friendzone me'. 😂

·
Retired Administrator
17,701 Posts
Time and time again, I want to be friend zoned, as in 'I beg of you, friendzone me'. 😂
I agree--nothing is wrong with friendship! I think true friendship is a great gift, and I think respect and care for boundaries is a matter of common decency.

edited out rambly stuff

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
I've friendzoned more women than women have friendzoned me, and got all the heat for doing so, especially in highschool.
A friend of a girl who asked me out once slapped me in the face saying "How dare you say no to her! Do you have no feelings?!" 🙄

41 - 60 of 96 Posts