Personality Cafe banner

9161 - 9180 of 9207 Posts

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Update on the above....

The Lonely Planet forum has been set to 'read only'. Ha!

There's a notice explaining that they've had to put the forum on hold during the COVID-19 crisis, and will hopefully be able to continue after lockdowns begin to end.

I have a fairly strong suspicion about what's happened here. They've gotten rid of half the web development and forum moderation team and used the corona crisis as an excuse.

And now I've seen this article, which details how Lonely Planet has become a shell of the giant it once was. Sad!

·
Registered
28,894 Posts
I don't believe I've taken a photo of myself to share with the Internet for several years. My current appearance doesn't particularly appeal to me.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
There are some silly viral social media things going around the UK at the one moment.

Both of them are of the theme "5 for the NHS". Basically you have to do a thing, and then give £5 to the NHS.

Firstly, this is a fucking joke, the NHS is already funded by our money, our taxes! The fact that people are rallying to donate more is a sad indictment of two things:

1. The political state of the country
2. How woefully unaware people are of what their government is doing with their taxes

Also, the two social media activities are:

1. Go for a 5k run and donate £5, then share it on social media and tag 5 mates, or;
2. Down a pint in 5 seconds, donate £5, then tag 5 mates.

Two of my brothers did the 'down a pint' version, then tagged me, which means I need to do it. The problem is this: I don't have 5 mates to tag to carry this thing on, ha! Not on instagram anyway (where this thing is happening).

It's weird. I have mates outside of instagram (wow, real life!), but it feels weirdly sad that I don't even know 5 people well enough in that app to tag them in this silly little game that has started. I feel like the grinch for not joining in.

·
Registered
801 Posts
wouldn't you say she is rather enfx? depends probably on the season but she behaves definitely a lot like an ENFJ
Yeah I now watched I think 2.5 seasons and I think she is enfj. I maybe know like 2 of them, so.....
And Nick looks completely like a typical ISTP seems to be a 9. (I adore him hahahaha)
Sometimes I think of her as ENFP, because of the awkwardness but maybe it is because I think enfjs (like other js) are too polished to be that clumsy

·
Registered
1NXP549
3,156 Posts
I feel like the grinch for not joining in.
if people that identify as intp are anything like me you would have ghosted everyone from your irl circle of acquaintances/family/whatever on all social platforms. I deleted my facebook app shortly after this whole stay at home ordeal started and I have been keeping my instagram account free of intrusions for a while now (I blocked everyone some half a dozen years ago)

·
Registered
28,894 Posts
if people that identify as intp are anything like me you would have ghosted everyone from your irl circle of acquaintances/family/whatever on all social platforms. I deleted my facebook app shortly after this whole stay at home ordeal started and I have been keeping my instagram account free of intrusions for a while now (I blocked everyone some half a dozen years ago)
A few weeks ago, my family started doing weekly zoom group calls. I did it the first time, I basically had nothing to talk about and one of my cousins was laughing very loudly while I was talking. I didn't really want to do it the first time, but the completely skipped the previous two times without hesitation.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Ha, blocking people is a bit extreme in my book.

Then again, I don't have overwhelming amounts of people contacting me anyway.

·
Registered
801 Posts
I miss my old online friends

I am debating if I should message an old friend (infj) last time we talked was 3 years ago why am I feeling this pain!!!
sometimes I wish I can get so busy where I am always out or sleeping and have a super busy life but instead i am too much of a lazy introvert who cannot keep track of time

another old online friend is an intj she stopped talking to me but I miss her

I miss too many people someone please take this fe away from me before I do something stupid

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
I caved in and got The Isle, even with all the untouched games I own....

Can you blame me?

And even if you could, can you blame me for not giving a toss?

·
Registered
530 Posts
I don't have the energy and focus to read all this. Say what you all want about psychotropic meds. And I agree they can be very dangerous and shouldn't be handed out on a whim. And mine are probably harming me in some ways. But if I got unwillingly cut off from them I might as well just end my own life at that moment. I would feel no joy, and I'd bring no joy to anyone else, so there'd be no point to being alive. Without my pills I'd be in a hell in the truest sense of the word hell. Trust me, I have memories of being off my pills. These people that say that psychotropic meds are only a scheme for big pharma to make money obviously haven't been through anything like what I've been through.

Reactions: leftover crack

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
One bad thing about the MBTI is that those who follow it have a certain understanding, or perception, of things and personalities that other do not.

I'm currently messaging a very old acquaintance who happens to be a rather obvious INTJ. I just want to say to her, in the most simplistic way possible, "Everything you're saying now is sssoooo INTJ"... but I can't because I'd then have to spend a while explaining MBTI theory, which greatly risks the stock "people can't be categorised" response, along with the rest of the "let me tell you about MBTI" baggage that I can't currently be arsed with.

And here endeth me on whisky tonight. Multiple whisky. So mush whisky.

WHIKSY.

·
Registered
530 Posts
One bad thing about the MBTI is that those who follow it have a certain understanding, or perception, of things and personalities that other do not.

I'm currently messaging a very old acquaintance who happens to be a rather obvious INTJ. I just want to say to her, in the most simplistic way possible, "Everything you're saying now is sssoooo INTJ"... but I can't because I'd then have to spend a while explaining MBTI theory, which greatly risks the stock "people can't be categorised" response, along with the rest of the "let me tell you about MBTI" baggage that I can't currently be arsed with.

WHIKSY.
You're so funny. Lol. The last time I admitted to drinking I thought my comment got removed? Maybe its because I have schizophrenia? Anyways, I totally get what you're saying.

·
Registered
530 Posts

WHIKSY.
The only thing is that I relate more to the Enneagram.

9161 - 9180 of 9207 Posts