Personality Cafe banner

9721 - 9740 of 9779 Posts

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
There doesn’t seem to be an end in sight to working out of normal hours. Even Saturday I have to work at 8pm, it is unfortunate and becoming a pattern. I don’t think a normal week will come for a while.
I was hoping we'd get a 4 day work week here like they're trying out in Spain, but after the elections I doubt it'll happen.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Was cuddling with some girl friend last night, eyes closed for the most part. When I stroked her forehead, I had to keep myself from crying. Why? Because my previous girlfriend (LDR, England, INFJ) had two little bumps there on either side of her forehead. 'Horns' she called them.

So I lay my fingers on the exact spot, and I felt for her horns....

But there were no horns.

No horns... And the illusion gone.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I was hoping we'd get a 4 day work week here like they're trying out in Spain, but after the elections I doubt it'll happen.
You should see the state of Canada (likely due to 21 Century, third wave feminist teachers) many employers want workers to do 6 or 7 days per work week of 12, or more, plus hours in each day.
The young guys graduating from school are confused by propaganda, diagnosed as mentally disabled and are too zonked out to work because of their psychiatric medications.

·
Registered
INTP
6,256 Posts
You should see the state of Canada (likely due to 21 Century, third wave feminist teachers) many employers want workers to do 6 or 7 days per work week of 12, or more, plus hours in each day.
The young guys graduating from school are confused by propaganda, diagnosed as mentally disabled and are too zonked out to work because of their psychiatric medications.
This is a bizarre analysis.

You think work weeks are getting longer... because of feminism and 'propaganda'?

·
Registered
55 Posts
This is a bizarre analysis.

You think work weeks are getting longer... because of feminism and 'propaganda'?
When a huge number of potential workers come out of the school environment, but are unable to work, maybe one should look to what teachers of this century and what they're doing different than teachers of previous centuries.
For clarity I stress that I'm not opposed to feminism in general. I have huge respect for the two feminist groups of the 20th Century. Suffragettes of the early part of the previous century and the "equal pay for equal work" activists did a lot of good - as I see them, however the third wave feminists of this century have not succeeded in impressing me in any way.

·
Registered
iNtp sp/sx x84
4,648 Posts
if one wanted to make a legitimate argument.. many of the so called equality programs, do result in playing catchup or failure of the group intended to be elevated - largely as rather than taking in the best, the outliers that can do the job, they often take the most pathetic instead. this creates numerous imbalances across the board... such as the recent discussion in the u.s. on accepted minority law students.

or the debates on early education, in particular, charter schools.

similar problems have befallen other affirmative action plans... such as getting women and other minorities into fields where they are less represented but there is a long history that normal incentives don't work for recruitment or interest drive while social justice schemes attempt to attract them through other means that set them up for failure, quitting or even if making it through being considerably subpar in comparison to their peers, etc.

but pointing out the emperor's new clothes, the superficiality of of many of these schemes results in outcry leading to public social executions.

·
Registered
INTP
6,256 Posts
When a huge number of potential workers come out of the school environment, but are unable to work, maybe one should look to what teachers of this century and what they're doing different than teachers of previous centuries.
For clarity I stress that I'm not opposed to feminism in general. I have huge respect for the two feminist groups of the 20th Century. Suffragettes of the early part of the previous century and the "equal pay for equal work" activists did a lot of good - as I see them, however the third wave feminists of this century have not succeeded in impressing me in any way.
So you still think it's all down to feminism... and nothing to do with the government, media, culture, or the previous generation (i.e. the people who raised the current generation) and democratic choices made by all these groups combined. To completely ignore the vast myriad of factors that create a society, and instead just blame 'feminism'... sorry but WTF?

·
Registered
iNtp sp/sx x84
4,648 Posts
So you still think it's all down to feminism... and nothing to do with the government, media, culture, or the previous generation (i.e. the people who raised the current generation) and democratic choices made by all these groups combined. To completely ignore the vast myriad of factors that create a society, and instead just blame 'feminism'... sorry but WTF?
considering how many youth - in reality, every generation has made it's distinctive mark this way - rebelling against the previous generation...so, can we really blame the previous generation for how they raised said generation. it's such a boomer whine. . . icarus flies too close to sun but it's because mumsy and daddikins didn't love him enough to buy a pegasus.

although everything overlaps. I generally prefer the notions of pluralism to intersectionality which has been bastardized since about the mid 1970s. The 1970s are interesting because it's the refractory period after the 60s. the early 1970s was an overdose of idealism but the late 1970s radically shifted to cynical pessimism... I'm not entirely sure of the reason. I mean, sure, we can guess and look at various sociocultural changes throughout the world but largely, we're just left with disco. While personally I find myself drawn a bit more to the subcult of absurdists from the early industrial scene to art house. Also on the landscape were the number of refugees from once progressive nations that suffered a hostile and dogmatic turn to 'conservative' extremism. . . but this is often considered a single drop in the bucket of the transition of social politics moving into and becoming mainstream/accepted. it's similar to past trends of the loss and grief associated with movements when their 'battles' are largely won.

feminism as a blame is often more code word for what many would call sjwism though now that's considered just a little passe. prior it was political correctness - which was equally represented by the left and the right targeting the mainstream separate to government ideals of what the nation should be. but again, it's the pseudo religious nationalistic vibe that covers many time periods and global cultural shifts. some are apt to say it's globalism or cultural relativism. which is a fair descriptor to an extend but often poorly executed in it's terms to identify or specify.. I'd argue it's the continued move from localized communities, individual populations and recognition of individualized needs, even per a group identity to the greater leap frog of global identitarianism.

the legal status of my mother's family stretching for centuries within the u.s. would be identified as free people of colour (which has a vastly more complicated history for multiple demographics as it was a political declaration that largely made one invisible to recognitized status and rights, minority programs, while having limited access to the mainstream), later would primarily be identified as native american. my father's family faced similar issues but instead were named as white, that is until the early 1920s when they were briefly relabeled as a reference to broad west asians, which one of the identifiers were turks of asia (which applied to more than turkish peoples alone) and afterwhich his extended family (grandparents, parents siblings) were fractured into different racial categories of a non-mixed status.

various one drop rule schemes played out in different ways until about the mid 1960s when more groups were defined and recognized as mixed. but in the late 90s, we would see a greater return to colourism and branding group identity based solely on colour. at least in the social sphere. mixed would remain as a viable status until around the late 2000s when the return of declaration or acceptability by steretypical physical features along with pigmentation to determine racial identity or access to belonging. the 2010s would begin the culture wars, the progressive jim crow, determining culture as fixed, something specifically inherent, regulated and isolated based on perceived racial characteristics, ethnic backgrounds and present geographical location. mid 2010s we saw a movement to stop refering to children of mixed parents as mixed, biracial or multiracial but rather as black, white or brown. mid 2010s began confer racial status or titles based on previous factors in addition to social qualities, such as political affiliation, religious affiliation, economic class, or social currency.

it's in large aspect a reflection of academics and the power of academics to the greater whole. government has largely been a tool in this respect. politicians on the other hand, view the collective mass as tools to be utilized for appointment to the state. just as religion has previously been used and abused. and in many ways, these neo social politics are a religion filled with rabid fundamentalists. . . and socially accepted conspiracy theories.

such as the various social sciences, that are a bastardization of what they used to be, now more social justice activism studies, being combined with hard sciences under the guise of intersectionality to produce concepts such as feministry (feminist chemistry). which seems more akin to barbie and her extensive careers. marketing gimmicks.

let's not forget alleged non profits and charities, the new pressing morality.

an exercise in the absurd;

while the rational is left to the wayside
(incidentally, this interview got her censured.)

***** Colleges During Wartime - 1944

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
considering how many youth - in reality, every generation has made it's distinctive mark this way - rebelling against the previous generation...so, can we really blame the previous generation for how they raised said generation. it's such a boomer whine. . . icarus flies too close to sun but it's because mumsy and daddikins didn't love him enough to buy a pegasus.

[extra stuff]
What did all of this extra stuff have to do with the post you quoted?

·
Registered
INTP
6,256 Posts
The 1970s are interesting because it's the refractory period after the 60s. the early 1970s was an overdose of idealism but the late 1970s radically shifted to cynical pessimism...
This is interesting. I feel like the UK is undergoing something similar now.

The hedonism of the 90s and early 2000s has been replaced by the cynicism and conservativism of today.

I hope things will flip again soon. I want vibrancy to return.

·
Registered
INTP
6,256 Posts
My theory about feeling kinda depressed a few days after drinking is really beginning to confirm itself.

On Friday I had whisky at a mate's house, and now, just like last week, I'm in a kind of sombre, unmotivated mood. Not depressed, but not motivated. I would rather just lie down and idly stare at my phone for a few hours at some braindead instagram reels or something. I need to do work though. Ugh.

I'm annoyed because my plans to leave the country are probably going to be met by various occasions where drinking is required, e.g. a family gathering, or perhaps I'll be seeing a friend or two in London when I go down to catch my flight. I want to not drink! But I'm too weak to attend social events without.

And I'm happy because I'm about to start an entirely new life in a new country, where there will be so much shit to do that alcohol won't necessarily be a first choice (but probably I will still drink on many occasions...). I'll hopefully spend my first months doing some major exploring in my free time. Funnnnn!

·
Registered
iNtp sp/sx x84
4,648 Posts
What did all of this extra stuff have to do with the post you quoted?
perhaps nothing.

if you were referring to the video clips.

entertainment.

a bit of contrast to the political theatre that consumes us all.

art imitates life imitates art.

the fault in attempting to debate the issues involving sociopolitical movements often fails because of the emotional content. It relies on narration of subjective truth with some ahistorical sleight of hand. indeed, personal truth.

ahistorical might be a bit much.. rather than shall we say, differing perspectives of historical preference. if one speaks to the average person involved with such movements, we find they have a poor and limited understanding of the realities involved. I could pull up law code and case studies but they were likely be as ignored as everything else... simply because it falls within the realm of a counter argument.

let's be honest, that other lad is ill-equipped for this debate and I'm by far the better troll because in the long run I profess to a fair amount of apathy. I have opinions, which evolve with the evidence and the exchange of ideas but recognize the futility of the exchange because of the emotional quotient involved.

but anyway, I'd require you to state what specifically you feel doesn't relate. . . I can only guess and infer as to what you're questioning. Or perhaps envisioning someone running around screaming with a trail of severed phalluses behind them as in reference to the great hothead paisan: homicidal lesbian terrorist. even if diane dimassa has fallen out of public favor for some of her more radical, transphobic beliefs. that, too, likely has nothing to do with your quote but it's an entertaining picture, nonetheless. hate crimes against transwomen and gay men have been painted as misogynistic rather than transphobic or homophobic within feminist theory, but popular feminist arguments vs transwomen and gay men are misandric.

it's neither here nor there. don't worry your pretty little head about it.

·
Registered
INTP
6,256 Posts
Also... I have no idea why I did this but I just snooped on the Facebook profile of my ex in Korea. (We're totally done, it ended amicably about 8 years ago and I just had a moment of fleeting curiosity).

She recently posted some photos of a trip she took up a mountain near Seoul, where someone commented and her reply was: "I’ve got the inspiration of hiking from my special British friend. Nature and the inspiration don’t have any barrier. love it "

Special British friend.

I really am probably overthinking this, but I don't know how many British people she knows, and I don't know how many she knows who are into hiking and nature, and I don't know how many she knows who would deserve the 'special' label (specially since a few months ago she contacted me and told me she's had no romantic partners since we split). With such a specific filter... I wonder if she's talking about me???!

·
Registered
INTP
6,256 Posts
And ALSO...

The fact that I snooped on my ex from 8 years ago out of pure curiosity... it really makes me wonder about if/when any of my exes have snooped on me.

I think I'm going to have put more focus into how I present myself on my social media accounts. I want snoopers to see my best side!

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Over the weekend, I was at one of those museums that have rooms set up exactly as they would have been in time the period. (The building was from the time period). I stood and stared inside, my imagination starting to run, and I felt like if I did not keep some abstract hold on the here and now, I may just completely lose myself to that world that was forming in my mind.

In my head I was getting out of bed with the purpose of the day. After dressing, I knelt beside the trunk by the bed, taking out the letter and the horn of gunpowder . . .
footsteps on the wooden floor behind me brought me back to current day, although I did look down in my hands, then the floor to see if I'd dropped those items. Hah! I've told my wife where I'll be if I ever go catatonic, and she'll need to call me home to the here and now.

·
Registered
40 Posts
And ALSO...

The fact that I snooped on my ex from 8 years ago out of pure curiosity... it really makes me wonder about if/when any of my exes have snooped on me.

I think I'm going to have put more focus into how I present myself on my social media accounts. I want snoopers to see my best side!
Sounds to me like she’s interested in reuniting. Why not go for it?

·
Registered
INTP
6,256 Posts
Sounds to me like she’s interested in reuniting. Why not go for it?
Because she's in another country haha. Also, It was 8 years ago and she's the one who ended it. Since then, she has definitely contacted me a few too many times for it to be just casual contacting, but I have no interest. It was 8 years ago and I don't have any plans (or even any opportunity) to be where she is.

I don't know if this is standard for INTPs or just me, but after the initial crazy-embarrassing-outburst phase of loving someone (which can last easily a year or so), it's easy to put them down and move on. So yeah, 8 years on and the love is fully extinguished.

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
And ALSO...

I prefer showing nothing on social media myself. Make them work for it if they want to see any side of me.

·
Registered
INTP
6,256 Posts
After being hurt by my INFJ muse, I've found interesting catharsis via Tinder, which rather conveniently offered the 'Tinder Passport' feature free for a month, allowing one to set one's location in the app to anywhere in the world. Naturally, I went straight for Saigon.

So I'm now getting a wonderful reminder of the fact that other humans exist in that city, and I don't necessarily need to rest all my desires on any human in particular at the moment.

She was nice though. It's hard to find someone you're attracted to and feel like you get on well with. But I guess that feeling was just in my head, not hers. Ah well.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
After being hurt by my INFJ muse, I've found interesting catharsis via Tinder, which rather conveniently offered the 'Tinder Passport' feature free for a month, allowing one to set one's location in the app to anywhere in the world. Naturally, I went straight for Saigon.
Always been a hit, that function. In previous experiments, I couldn't pick a continent where I wasn't perceived as some kind White God I felt.

Reactions: HAL
9721 - 9740 of 9779 Posts