Personality Cafe banner

9741 - 9760 of 9779 Posts

·
Registered
INTP
6,256 Posts
Always been a hit, that function. In previous experiments, I couldn't pick a continent where I wasn't perceived as some kind White God I felt.
I'm torn on this one. I know the stereotype is very true, but in China it wasn't. They like fair haired skinny guys who look more like children. As a guy who naturally looks a little bit more manly, always maintains stubble and has black hair rather than blond, I actually felt quite unattractive in China.

I have a feeling it's a bit different for Vietnam though.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I'm torn on this one. I know the stereotype is very true, but in China it wasn't. They like fair haired skinny guys who look more like children. As a guy who naturally looks a little bit more manly, always maintains stubble and has black hair rather than blond, I actually felt quite unattractive in China.

I have a feeling it's a bit different for Vietnam though.
Yeah, I think the stereotype originates from the colonial times. White associated with wealth.

And my aforementioned 'succes' could simply be down to: (1) the 'honeymoon' phase on Tinder, new profile, new region (after that it typically falls flat), (2) the universal attraction to the 'exotic' across race (i.e. the appeal isn't just Western-Asian, Western-African, etc., but all possible non-white combinations).

Reactions: HAL

·
Registered
INTP
6,256 Posts
Yeah, I think the stereotype originates from the colonial times. White associated with wealth.

And my aforementioned 'succes' could simply be down to: (1) the 'honeymoon' phase on Tinder, new profile, new region (after that it typically falls flat), (2) the universal attraction to the 'exotic' across race (i.e. the appeal isn't just Western-Asian, Western-African, etc., but all possible non-white combinations).
I am also getting success now. Definitely different from China.

Now I worry I've got onto Tinder too early. As with my prior INFJ person, I fear I'll get a great match but it's still too far away from the day I can actually arrive.

Probably gonna just not talk to anyone yet. Just using it for ego boosting. Then I'll delete and reinstall it when I arrive, so it resets all the people I can match with, heh.

·
Registered
INTP
6,256 Posts
My foray into Saigon-based Tinder continues, and it's making me want to get to Vietnam even more.

Not because of "the women", but because I actually would like a serious relationship again. I deliberately put romance on hold when I got back to the UK. For the first 6 months I was very happily alone, but after that I started to think it was time to put myself out there again. But, since deciding on my Vietnam idea, I had to put my romance aspiration on hold again, because there's no point looking for someone now because I'm leaving soon anyway.

So now I'm forced to wait even longer, and to be honest it really has been too long now.

On a brighter note, more and more people are putting their MBTI type on their profile, and I think that's excellent. I genuinely use it as a quick-filter for knowing what kind of person they might be. I know that's not necessarily a good thing to do, but I put a lot of stock in the MBTI fundamentals.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I want my fucking Tinder back. ABSOLVE me please.

·
Registered
INTP
6,256 Posts
I've had to delete the string of confession posts I just made. They were pathetic and I just needed to vent away some sad feels which were:

a) Just another dose of mid-week-after-weekend-alcohol-consumption blues.
b) Childishly needy (I messaged INFJ crush again and was sad that she took ages to reply. I mean, the sadness is somewhat warranted because I still hark back to the days when we would chat back and forth like normal, but fuck it, that's the past, I can't cling onto it).

Main takeaway from this is the fact that drinking is definitely a depressant for those who are in a bad situation. Lockdown and lack of human interaction has definitely made me susceptible to depressive moods, and this is so out of character for me that I need to take firm action and maintain a strong mentality as much as possible. I'm definitely going to continue trying to avoid alcohol for a while yet, and am going to do as much as I can to add newness and vibrancy to my days. Lockdown rules were relaxed a bit recently. I think I'll go for a long road trip next weekend.

·
Infractionated
I drive a blue tricycle with a gold bell.
8,691 Posts
How many Häagen-Dazs banana peanut butter chip caramel swirl for you to find out?
Zero, am I missing out by not knowing what that is? I was having a lot of weird digestive issues so was checked for all sorts of things like celiac but everything was fine, so then I had this fancy genetic test to see if I could digest lactose, despite both myself and my GP thinking that surely wasn't it and apparently I can't.

So I have to get entirely off of all dairy and see if the digestive problems go away. I'd just bought ementeller and some other delicious cheeses so it's a sad discovery.

·
Registered
INTP
6,256 Posts
So I have to get entirely off of all dairy and see if the digestive problems go away. I'd just bought ementeller and some other delicious cheeses so it's a sad discovery.
I feel your pain deeply because I'm not allowed carbonated drinks any more. I have about 10 cans of diet coke which will now die as un-drunk cans. Poor cans.

·
Infractionated
I drive a blue tricycle with a gold bell.
8,691 Posts
I feel your pain deeply because I'm not allowed carbonated drinks any more. I have about 10 cans of diet coke which will now die as un-drunk cans. Poor cans.
Oh, that's possibly worse. I love seltzer and diet coke. I am so sorry. What caused not being able to have carbonation?

·
Registered
INTP
6,256 Posts
Oh, that's possibly worse. I love seltzer and diet coke. I am so sorry. What caused not being able to have carbonation?
I did a visa medical check last week (to prepare for going to work in Vietnam) and it showed microscopic blood traces in my urine. The doctor said it's most likely caused by kidney stones, and after a bit of googling I found that a major cause of kidney stones is excessive consumption of carbonated drinks. And my consumption was VERY excessive for at least 3 years. So it's stop time!

9741 - 9760 of 9779 Posts