Personality Cafe banner

9761 - 9779 of 9779 Posts

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Zero, am I missing out by not knowing what that is? I was having a lot of weird digestive issues so was checked for all sorts of things like celiac but everything was fine, so then I had this fancy genetic test to see if I could digest lactose, despite both myself and my GP thinking that surely wasn't it and apparently I can't.

So I have to get entirely off of all dairy and see if the digestive problems go away. I'd just bought ementeller and some other delicious cheeses so it's a sad discovery.
Most people would say YES. But me personally, not really. I don't touch any ice-cream, chocolate, waffles, and that stuff anymore. Only on occasion.
Some allergies can force a person into a more healthy diet, so consider yourself blessed. Plus: a potential mild lactose intolerance is really nothing compared to a confirmed severe milk protein allergy (which literally kills).

The cheese is a big loss though, shit.

But then again, there are tons of vegan options nowadays. And I think, once you get used them, the taste + nutritional value etc. are actually to your advantage.

I did a visa medical check last week (to prepare for going to work in Vietnam) and it showed microscopic blood traces in my urine. The doctor said it's most likely caused by kidney stones, and after a bit of googling I found that a major cause of kidney stones is excessive consumption of carbonated drinks. And my consumption was VERY excessive for at least 3 years. So it's stop time!
Does that include sparkling water?

·
Registered
INTP
6,256 Posts
There's something very fishy going here because I once again wasn't notified about this post quote. I just stumbled across it.

Does that include sparkling water?
I'm not sure actually. I thought the 'carbon' part in 'carbonated' meant that carbon crystals turned into kidney stones or something, but apparently the real problem (at least in my case) is phosphoric acid which is an ingredient used in cola drinks.

I'm happy cutting all fizzy drinks for now anyway. I've replaced them with lemon water and orange juice, both of which are said to help prevent and/or remove kidney stones.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
There's something very fishy going here because I once again wasn't notified about this post quote. I just stumbled across it.
Well this time I actually edited it, about a minute or so after my original post (in which I quoted only Daleks).

Let's have a toast of tap water if this one actually comes through.
https://c8.alamy.com/comp/BXX6KP/young-couple-toasting-water-bottles-in-a-tea-field-BXX6KP.jpg

Reactions: HAL

·
Registered
INTP
6,256 Posts
lol I got a couple of super attractive Tinder matches earlier and spent most of today messaging with them, and this has improved my mood greatly.

But this is actually bad. One's frame of mind should not be altered by such trivial things.

Come onnnnn Vietnam visa, I just need to escape this boredom. Counting the weeks now.

·
Registered
INTP
6,256 Posts
I've deleted a couple more of my confessions posts because I'm ashamed of how much negativity I'm spewing out at the moment.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Don't know why the hell I smoked that cigarette. And now I'm making coffee and I know it's gonna make my heart race.

Dude, you're in my twenties... Stop do dis.

·
Registered
INTP
620 Posts
This is a bizarre analysis.

You think work weeks are getting longer... because of feminism and 'propaganda'?

I would have pegged that on boomer white guy 1980's Reagan\Thatcher\Mulroney anti-labor, deregulation, trickle down, neo-conservatives. Working class boomers ended up slitting their own throats and damning their children to a lifetime of rotating McJobs. Get on your knees and wait for the trickle down. While your waiting have some south of the Mason-Dixon jebus and oxycontin, insert flag here.

Reactions: HAL

·
Registered
INTP
6,256 Posts
Bad news.

Stayed at my brother's house last night and.... drank an absolute shit load of gin and whisky. So I forecast another spate of depressive days will haunt me later in the week. Very annoying. Ah well. I'll try not to moan about it on here, but who knows. I use this website as something of an emotional outlet.

I'm totally fine at the moment, but apologise in advance if I ramp up the annoying saddo posts at some point.

·
Registered
INTP
6,256 Posts
In more interesting news, I got another Tinder match, with another INFJ, also based in Saigon.

What's funny is she has opened things in a very similar way to my previous INFJ crush - by saying I have a nice voice :oops:

I'm going to tentatively get to know her, but hopefully won't allow my brain to get into a premature craze like it did before.

Though it would be sort of funny if the entire thing repeated in exactly the same way.

·
Registered
927 Posts
When you're an INTP and you have a conversation with another xNTP, one of the most interesting moment that can happen is this:
It seems like a nonsensical topic of conversation in which no one remembers anymore how it started or if it will end up somewhere, but our logic is still looking to "complete" the puzzle or chasing our tails.

And we don't realize it, we just perceive: OH, this is the INPUT of the information, we have to store it somewhere, find a place for it, process and give an OUTPUT related to INPUT, the conversation partner does the same thing until..forever, or someone gets bored.

No other purpose, no goal, no end. Just using our brains to generate ideas.

You can get from "what is your favorite cocktail?" to "colonization of the planet Mars with artificial intelligence" without being aware.
Picture someone looking or trying to understand this from outside.

3x more funnier.
This is one of the reasons of why we need at least one xNTP good friend.

·
Registered
INTP
6,256 Posts
So far I am not suffering any post-alochol-drinking-recovery-midweek sadness.

Great!

Now I can drink a ton more 🧐 Not really. Though I do worry that I'm going to be compelled to drink again at the weekend, because UK pubs finally opened to outdoor drinking, i.e. sitting in a beer garden in glorious sunny weather.

I hope to avoid it though.

What I really want is a big road trip, like I said a week or so ago. Just a random trip somewhere for the hell of it. So that's what I might do, if nobody comes along and compels me to do something else.

On a side note: I wish I was better at flatly refusing to do things that I don't want to do. I mean, I generally can refuse things, but I always feel a mild sense of guilt. Last weekend I turned down an offer to hang out with a couple of old work mates, so this weekend I'll feel more compelled if I'm asked to join them (or one of them) again. Funny really. I complained recently about lack of standard human interaction, yet I'm still choosy about who I really want to interact with.

·
Registered
927 Posts
What I really want is a big road trip, like I said a week or so ago. Just a random trip somewhere for the hell of it. So that's what I might do, if nobody comes along and compels me to do something else.
Haha, me too.
I would have come with you if it wasn't a pandemic and it wasn't during the academic year.
But still, have fun :p!

·
Registered
INTP
6,256 Posts
I bought another pack of cigs last night.

I had no desire or need to smoke, but I simply have no other means by which to break out of my house for a quick pause in a different environment, i.e. the simple joy of standing on my balcony for a moment.

Quite annoying really because I had proudly stopped smoking at the drop of a hat and felt no negative side effects. But my life has so little going on right now that those moments on my balcony counted for a lot, in terms of variety.

I am simply more bored than I have ever been in my life. It's odd, I'm starting to feel dull. I don't feel bad, or sad, or pained, but I just feel dull. Zestless and inert. It's a weird feeling. I guess this is what the effects of prolonged withdrawal from varied mental stimuli feels like.

It'll probably take about 3 months to recover from this too. It reminds me of when I came back from China. I had spent so long in Chinese culture that my mind was very much approaching things from a Chinese cultural attitude for at least 3 months while I was back in the UK. Based on this, I predict it'll take me about 3 months to shed my current zestless brain and feel anything like my old self (or a whole new self?) when I get out of this shit and properly restart my life.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Going on Omegle

And that can only mean one thing

I've been drinking

9761 - 9779 of 9779 Posts