Registered
peronsality
513 Posts
I don't like INTPs.
Generally.

Β·
Code Cracked
13,144 Posts
Trying hard again to not smoke. Haven't had one since Sunday.

Again, I don't really crave the cigarette itself, but I just haven't had any little outdoor break for bloody ages. Permanently indoors.

Probably going to go and buy some more soon.

View attachment 877113
Breaking the habit is the hardest not- the nicotine withdraw. Whatever you do- do not take Chantix. That is my PSA for the day.

Β·
Registered
peronsality
513 Posts
Healthy INTPs are gems. Pure, funny, intellectual...what’s not to like?
Lack of depth and what you're suffering with, it's so hard to communicate. Perhaps I've met too reserved INTPs and they can be boring (or we, sure, I'm probably unbearable to extroverts). I guess being with people too similar to you it's not usually a good idea. We can have great conversations with INTPs, but starting them is already a problem.

Also, we be like beep beep boop.
Logic can be a prison if you don't collect enough data.

β–„ β–„β–„ β–„ β–„β–„ β–„

Reactions: superloco3000

Β·
Registered
30,280 Posts
Breaking the habit is the hardest not- the nicotine withdraw. Whatever you do- do not take Chantix. That is my PSA for the day.

What Are Side Effects of Chantix?
Common side effects of Chantix include
These uncomfortable side effects will make you think twice about smoking another cigarette. You’ll experience frequent unusual dreams due to your increased tiredness, and you will also be woken up by nausea episodes that may persist for months.

Β·
Registered
INTP
6,406 Posts
I didn't buy those cigs when I said I was going to buy them. And I've just gone 4 days trekking and camping with my brothers, and smoking didn't even enter my mind.

I'm now back at home and will probably be hit by some boredom and maybe even depressive feelings as the excitement of the last 4 days fades away, but I'm going to try to not buy any more cigs at all now.

Only go 2 more weeks left of my job anyway, then it's all go and doing new stuff; so hopefully even less reason to smoke through boredom.

Β·
Registered
INTP
6,406 Posts
I've just done a solid 4 days camping and trekking with my brothers in Scotland. It was excellent, but now that I'm home I feel almost like some kind of methamphetamine addict. The last 4 days have been so non-stop, with trekking, camping, being social with my brothers, and feeling increasingly tired throughout. Now that I'm home, I don't feel like I can stop. My mind is buzzing with a weird mix of feeling alive and feeling so drained that I just want to be put into a medically induced sleep for 48 hours and wake up feeling myself again.

The thought of getting straight back to my monotonous life alone at home, working from home, sitting in front of this computer from morning until night... it is daunting. I find this all the more strange because I actually wanted to get home and recover like this, but just knowing that I now have to return back to the same repetitive cycle that I've been doing for the past few months already... guh.

I guess I can only close with the thing I always close with: I cannot fucking wait for my Vietnam adventure to begin.

Also while I was with my brothers doing one of the most amazing treks of my life (some pics here 😁) I suddenly started feeling bizarrely depressed, and the same strange thought was circling through my head: I WANT A GIRLFRIEND. I find it so strange because yeah, sure, a girlfriend would be nice, but I didn't think it was something that made me feel particularly sad. I don't mind being single at the moment and I know that I can and will begin the dating/romance game again when I start my new life in a month or so. I think perhaps the "I want a girlfriend" thing was just a random specific thought that got fixated in my head at a time while I was feeling oddly depressed for no reason. What's more, I don't even understand why I felt depressed at that point. I think maybe the last 6 months have had a lasting effect which will take some time to shake. Annoying, but oh well. The majority of my camping trip was great anyway. I just had a strange hour or so of strong sadness during that day of trekking. Kept it bottled up of course. I only pour my heart out online. Should probably stop doing that.

Β·
Registered
INTP
6,406 Posts
I sent my resignation letter to the various people at my work who need to see it. 2 weeks from now, my working life in this country will be finished.

I should be excited, but things are beginning to feel final and I'm kinda scared. Visa application is nowhere near ready, and I'm going to be homeless in exactly 1 month.

I have all my plans and contingency plans in place, but the feelings one encounters during a big change are often full of trepidation.

Β·
Registered
INTP
6,406 Posts
So I say I have "2 more weeks" left of my job, but actually it's just 8 work days. I have a tiny sense of excitement. Actually it's hugely exciting, when I really think about it, but it just doesn't feel real, so I'm in a strange excitement twilight zone where my brain isn't sure what to do with itself. Plus I have so much I need to do, selling/moving my belongings, etc.

I also fear I'm going to end up just sitting at home and staring at my walls during my downtime between getting things sorted.

I remember when I was about 19 years old, when social media and mass internet usage hadn't quite taken off (though it did very much exist), I really disliked the thought of wasting my time at home. I would do all I could to get out and do a thing, anything. I think I'll try to rekindle that mindset when my job ends.

Finally I'm going to be free of work commitments. No job for at least 1 month, but possibly a lot longer. Exciting and daunting.

Β·
Registered
INTP
5,868 Posts
I'm moving too. (Or do they say "shifting" there?) I live in a guesthouse with a shared kitchen. It's been great -- until the pandemic. Everyone has different ideas about what's reasonable and which rules they want to follow. It's very divisive.

We finally worked things out, but then another person was added to the mix. I politely asked them to use the other door (instead of taking a shortcut through the kitchen, which is against the protocols, and I don't want them breathing on me or my food). Now I'm the bad guy. The landlord sent me a text asking why I'm doing this.... This kind of thing is not unique. But it's time to get my own place.

I've been researching possibilities for months. I finally decided on a far northern town because the rents are low and I can get a decent apartment (I hope).

Although I had done the research, I was reluctant to leave the island I live on; it's nice in so many ways. So I hadn't done anything. Meanwhile I felt I was languishing here, the days and months just drifting by.

After the recent kitchen incident, I started taking steps toward moving, and yesterday I told my landlords I was moving.

It is scary. But energizing as well. Usually after shopping/errand day I feel very tired and spend the next day in bed. But this time, I didn't feel tired at all when I arrived home. I even did my exercises.

I'm feeling a bit daunted by all the details: things I have to do now and things I'll have to deal with in the new town -- some anticipated and some that will come as a surprise.

But it feels good to be moving forward with my life. I've always been the impulsive type, but I've been on this island for more than 10 years and maybe I've gone too far the other way.

Β·
Registered
peronsality
513 Posts
Β«FriendsΒ» who have not been checking on me and my family since this massacre started deserve to burn in hell. I'll push them there myself if they ever try to make contact again.

Β·
Registered
INTP
5,868 Posts
Β«FriendsΒ» who have not been checking on me and my family since this massacre started deserve to burn in hell. I'll push them there myself if they ever try to make contact again.
I didn't know. So sorry about the events in Colombia.

Β·
Premium Member
INTP (I thimk) 5w
16,021 Posts
I am supposed to be examining this book for my accursed essay. Instead of doing that I signed up for a stock trading program and spent so much time on it I have a half hour left. I also answered questions on PerC and watched a movie when I got mentally tired. I get "F" in time management.

Β·
Registered
INTP
6,406 Posts
I think I've quit smoking now.

Definitely I'll have another at some point, e.g. if I'm drunk or something, but the act of buying cigarettes while sober to have as an excuse for standing in the sun or whatever, is now not a thing for me.

7 more working days left. 7 more days of being at home alone in front of my computer. After that, this half-year endurance test will be over and I will be free. Free to do what? Who knows! But I will be free.

Also, as part of my new desire to not be in my house, I drove into the city yesterday evening. I didn't even stop. I literally just drove in and drove out in one big trip, over an hour of driving in total. It was my first time there since... shit I think it's been a whole year.

My route into the city goes past the university area, and it was quite jarring to see a lot of students sat happily drinking at the variety of establishments in the area. Jarring because it looks like covid-19 lockdown is truly over for them. But also nice, because I got to see some semblance of normalcy with my own eyes.

I then decided to drive past a few childhood memories, including the house I spent my infancy in. It's down a tiny cul-de-sac and I felt very awkward driving down it, as if anyone who looked out of their window would have seen me and thought I was a criminal snooping at the properties. I didn't even stop my car, I just drove to the end of the road, did a three point turn while gazing at the house of my infancy, then drove away. (For those who are interested, here it is). Must have looked like a real weirdo, but oh well.

Since my big Scotland trip last weekend with my brothers, I now feel more than ever that my time alone in my home is an utter waste, so I'm striving to do all I can to mix things up a bit. I'm going to Scotland again with a mate this weekend, so that'll be good. And then only 5 more days of working from home. Woohoo! It's a real cliche of a phrase but truly there is now light at the end of the tunnel.

Β·
Registered
INTP
5,868 Posts
I feel similar -- like my life needs some shaking up. I feel like I'm dying here. Even if my new location isn't perfect, I'll appreciate the fresh perspective.

The town is at almost 60 degrees north, and I'll arrive just in time to experience very long midsummer days.

9801 - 9820 of 9826 Posts