Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Mature Sage
6,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a lot of health logs, which is nice. I thought I would do something a little different, and create a log that focuses more on mental health.

I was thinking about there's a bias towards people who are already confident and who speak somewhat highly about themselves, but I think the mistake many people make, including myself is to wait til they've accomplished something substantial to have that confidence, and then you feel an increased loss in confidence and the cycle perpetuates.

So, I'm not going to fake it. I'm going to try something else. I'm going to try to purge my negative feelings that stem from my childhood. I'm going to write down everything I never said, and keep writing and keep burning my writings, until it all feels resolved. Then I'm going to try out different means of affirmation.

I've read that the best affirmation, isn't necessarily saying, you're great now, but that you could be great. I still don't have confidence that I can be successful at something however. So many unknown variables give me anxiety. However, I'm going to increase my confidence as much as I can, and find avenues where I can find some confidence.

So I'll start this log tomorrow by starting with the first step.
I'm going to work on this daily.
Maybe I can have the courage to face life head on, not to need to always be distracted with forms of escapism
and to actually, really improve things.

·
Registered
Mature Sage
6,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Okay day 1:
I'm starting out by training myself to think and say, positive things about myself.

Tonight I'm supposed to write a few letters and notes about feelings that have been holding me back and burning them in a sort of feelings purge ritual.

I feel pretty good so far. I don't feel an emotional high, but I think I have a little more energy and feel capable of doing things.

·
Registered
Mature Sage
6,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
So, I've started by cutting people out of my life, who refuse to forgive me for past errors, or refuse to accept my faults, even when I assume responsibility and try to change things.

But maybe ppl have the right to not forgive me. I've been horrible the last few months.

·
Registered
Mature Sage
6,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've decided to disengage for everyone for at least a week
I'm spineless
That's one of the ways I get in my own way
I need to set up my own rules for myself

1 - 6 of 6 Posts