Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Main Questions

1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?
Love, Identity, Information that can be trusted, to explore possibilities

2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?
Find a nice girl to marry, have a job where I can occasionally travel with the family and make enough money so that we're living the good life, if I discover something monumental along the way, that's also a plus

3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being? What values are important to you?
Truth, and honesty are important to me. The only thing I don't want to be is repulsive

4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?
I'll run out of books to read, That i'll never find a steady relationship, I won't be able to get a job after college, not having enough money. Books because I need to read to be able to escape from the world sometimes, and it's hard for me to reread the same book. Relationship has to deal with not finding true love for myself. Job because I want to be able to buy all the tech and toys that my family wants, Akimbo with money.

5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?
I'd like others to see me as unorthodox, to underestimate me, unique, intelligent, altruistic, random, emotional, passionate. All of these except emotional are how I see myself

6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?
I'm at my worst when I am not able to spend time with ladyfriends when i've come out of isolation, or when i'm at someone else's house and i'm not sure how i'll get back to my house, or when I don't do something that I want to do. I'm at my best when I feel confident, playful, and outgoing.

7. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.
The only time I feel anger is when stupid stuff happens on video games and I can't win. Shame I also haven't felt. Anxiety when I can't hang out with girls, or am forgotten while being reclusive.

8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.
Stress, I will withdraw into my own world and pretend the real one doesn't exist. Unexpected changes I usually love, unless it negatively affects me. Conflict I do not care about, what happens will happen, and I don't care, even when i'm involved.

9. Describe your orientation to: a) authority; b) power. How do you respond to these?
When I have authority I usually would make the decision that benefits me the most while still benefitting other people. I do not enjoy using power except for when it is necessary to accomplish a goal of mine, which I do not get much of.

10. What is your overall outlook on life and humanity?
Whatever happens happens, and I seek to get the most out of my time on earth and deal with the consequences as they come.

Optional Questions

11. Discuss an event that has impacted your life significantly; more importantly, how you responded to it.

12. Comment on your relationship with trust.
I don't think I ever truly trust people, I will give more weight to opinions and suggestions of those close to me.

13. List some of the traits you: a) like; b) dislike most about yourself.
I like how I am intellectual, smart, do not objectify women, am passionate. I dislike that I can not carry out internally made decisions, and that I am not very outgoing and charming.

14. What do you see or notice in others that most people don't?
Maybe the set of their face? I can usually guess soemthing of a person's character by how their facial features are oriented, otherwise nothing at all.

15. If a stranger insults you, how do you respond/feel? What if they compliment you?
If they insult, if its true and has a justifiable reason, I'm not phased. Otherwise, I will begin to impersonally tear the other person down until they leave. If they compliment me, i'm very slightly embarrased but also happy that someone took notice of me.

16. What's something you are: a) thankful you have; b) wish you could have? Why?
I am thankful for my rich upbringing, we never went hungry and I could usually have all the tools I need to occupy myself. One thing I wish I could have is a healthy, passionate relationship with a woman. former because I didn't have to worry about fending for myself and latter because that is my formost goal in life, to find someone to love.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
maybe 4? 10chars

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Hmmm... To tell you the truth, I don't see much Four there. I see you're introverted and artsy and individualistic, but I don't think I see Four. I could be mistaken. I think I can see hints of Six... perhaps some Three is there? @Dark Romantic - sorreh, don't mean to bother you x3 I'm awful at this typing business. I don't see Four here. Am I wrong?

In the meantime, @Hruberen - I suggest you take a look here, wander about the descriptions, and really self-reflect. :) Can't hurt.

Typewatch Enneagram: Typewatch Enneagram Type Descriptions

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
@Julia Bell Using your link I came up with the following conclusions-
3,4,5,7,8,9>2>1,6
1,5,8,9>3>2,4,6,7
3,5,8>4>1,2,6,7,9
3,8,9>5>1,2,4,6,7
1,3,4,5>6>2,7,8,9
4,5,6,8,9>7>1,2,3
3,6,7>8>1,2,4,5,9
5>9,8>1,2,3,4,6,7
2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9>1>

1, 2, 6, and 7 can be eliminated which leaves, in order of likeliness: 5=8>3>9>4
This would give a most likely tritype of: 8w9-5w4-3w4
Now to figure out if this is correct, and find out the instinctive stacking

This was just based off the vs. between types section, when reading the actual descriptions:
2=no
3=yes
4=no
5=yes
6=maybe
7=no
8=no
9=maybe
1=no

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Upon further exploration of PerCs resources on this matter, I retain that I am 4, going into the misidentification thread on the four forum, and looking up misidentifications of 4s and 3s,5s,8s, and 9s:
Type Four-Type Three
Here also, misidentifications are probably the result of confusion over wing versus dominant type: 3w4 and 4w3. The primary difference between these types can be seen in their relationship with their emotional life. Threes tend to focus on task, on efficiency, on performance. Of course, Threes have feelings, but as much as possible, they put them on the backburner whenever there are things to get done—and with many Threes, that is most of the time. As Threes become less healthy, they increasingly see their own feelings as "speed bumps"–annoyances that must be dealt with but which interfere with their effectiveness. Threes want to get their goals accomplished, and then, time permitting, process their feelings.
Fours are almost the exact opposite. Naturally, Fours want to accomplish things too, but when difficult feelings arise, Fours want to stop what they are doing and process them before returning to their tasks. The less healthy the Four, the more he or she will need lots of time to sort through troubling feelings and reactions. Threes can see the Four's preoccupation with sorting feelings as unprofessional and immature. Fours can see the Three's obsession with performance as inauthentic and shallow.
It is far more common for Threes to mistype as Fours than vice versa. This is especially true for Threes who grew up in families in which artistic self-expression was particularly valued. They may mistakenly believe that only Fours are creative, while failing to recognize that there have been many noted artists who are Threes.
Red is for stuff that pushes me to 4

Type Four-Type Five
Fours and Fives can resemble each other in that both are withdrawn types (PT, 433-36), both can be individualistic and eccentric by mainstream cultural standards, and both can be highly creative. Of course, there is a greater risk of mistyping with 4w5s and 5w4s.
Fives are more likely to mistype as Fours than vice versa, primarily because of simplistic definitions of the types. Some Fives have learned that Fours are more feeling-oriented, and Fives are more intellectual, and seeing that they have deep feelings presume that they must be Fours. (This is especially true with female Fives.) Also, Fives are often portrayed as scientists or engineers while Fours are creative artists. In fact, it is true that Fours are less likely to be scientists than some other types, but there are as many Fives who are artists as Fours, although their styles are somewhat different.
Fours are self-absorbed and emotionally volatile–they express their feelings one way or another, and need people to respond to them in an emotional way. Their artistic work tends to be autobiographical, based on their families, on relationships, past or unrequited, and on the content of their subjective experience. Fives may have intense feelings but share them with few people. Their feelings tend to fuel their thoughts and their imagination, leading them to more abstract or fantastic forms of creative expression. Their work is less autobiographical, and more often portrays their vision of reality. ("I paint what I see!") Fives tend to be more experimental and outlandish in their artwork. Although both types can explore personal darkness more thoroughly than most, Fours tend to focus on their disappointments in love and with their childhoods and their attendant pain. Fives tend to focus on inner emptiness and feelings of meaninglessness. Fives are more driven to penetrate the surface of things to understand, Fours to get in touch with feelings and cathartically express them. compare Fours Ingmar Bergman and Anne Rice with Fives David Lynch and Clive Barker.
red for 4, blue for 5

Type Four-Type Eight
At first, it would seem extremely unlikely that Fours and Eights would be mistyped for one another, but it does occasionally occur. More often, Eights mistake themselves for Fours because they see themselves as passionate and intense feelings, and this is usually true. Similarly Eights may well recall childhood hurts and identify with the Fours' sense of alienation or loneliness. But Eights cope with these feelings in radically different ways than Fours do. Eights learn to toughen themselves up and to "get over it" so that they can do what they need to do to maintain their independence and personal authority. Fours find it difficult to let go of their childhood wounds and do not want to "get over it." Fours do not necessarily want to be dependent on anyone, but they are willing to rely on others if it gives them the time and resources to work out their feelings or to develop their creativity.
Eights do feel vulnerable inside, but as much as possible, they steel themselves against any feelings of insecurity and weakness in themselves. Eights tend to see such feelings as self-indulgent luxuries for people who have no serious responsibilities. Fours show their vulnerability, but can be much tougher and controlling than they generally realize. In fact, Fours are quite resilient and can endure emotional difficulties and losses that would cause most other types to collapse. In a strange way, Eights are like Fours turned inside-out. Contrast Fours like Roy Orbison and Johnny Depp with Eights like Frank Sinatra and Sean Penn.
red for 4, blue for 8

Type Four-Type Nine
Some average Nines think that they are Fours because they have artistic talents and creative inclinations of one kind or another. As in the case of love not being the sole domain of Twos, artistic capacity is not the sole province of Fours. Other types can be, and often are, artists.
Even so, the artistry of Fours is much more personal and self-revealing than that of Nines. The art of Nines often expresses idealized, mythological, and archetypal worlds–usually the real world glossed into something fantastic and wondrous. Nines are often gifted storytellers in which "...and they all lived happily ever after" is assured. (There are no unhappy endings in the Nine's world of make-believe.) By contrast, the art of Fours is generally more personal and realistic, the expression of the Four's (and of everyone's) deep longing for love, wholeness, and meaning. Fours often deal in the tragic, finding redemption in self-transcendence; Nines deal in the commonplace, finding comfort in ordinary lives and simple situations.
The principal reason these types may be confused is that they are both withdrawn types. (PT, 433-36). Fours withdraw from others so that they can protect themselves and give themselves time to deal with their emotions. Nines, on the other hand, are withdrawn in the sense that they remove their attention from people or situations that threaten them, disengaging themselves emotionally so that they will not be anxious or upset. They cut off their identification with others (or never identify with them in the first place), identifying instead with a private idealized version of reality. Average to unhealthy Nines tune out any unpleasantness by dissociating from whatever upsets them, whereas Fours do just the opposite, brooding over their anxieties in an attempt to come to terms with them. Fours are certainly not detached from their emotions–just the reverse, they are keenly aware of them, perhaps too much so.
Both types can therefore be shy, absent-minded, confused, and detached from the real world. The difference is that Nines are detached both from the external world and from their emotions, whereas Fours withdraw from whatever has caused them pain. (In the end, that may add up to quite a lot.) Nines see the world through rose-colored glasses, and their view of it is comforting, whereas Fours see the world from a garret window as outsiders and are not comforted: everyone else seems to be living a happier, more normal life. Contrast the personalities of Mahler (a Four) and Aaron Copland (a Nine), Saul Steinberg (a Four) and Norman Rockwell (a Nine).
red for 4 support, blue for 9 support

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
@Hruberen - All right. ^^ If you say you're a Four and not a Three, then I believe you. I know my sister is a 4w3, and despite having definite Three tendencies, Four actually fits her like a glove, although it wasn't apparent to me at first. I was surprised because she is Extroverted and driven. XD Although she's definitely got an Introverted side. Remember, though, just in case, to keep an eye on yourself and watch to make sure your Three tendencies top your Four. It's actually hard to see this sometimes. And it's definitely not good or helpful to type yourself as something you're not. I mean, lots of people want to say they're a Four or Five or Eight simply because they are more "rare". I'm not saying that you're necessarily one of those people. ^^

The more I read, the more I see the similarities between you and my sister. You're either a 4w3 or a 3w4, I think. Make sure to keep on eye on Six. Sixes can be mistyped as pretty much anything and it is pretty hard to tell, actually. :)

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@Julia Bell the only reason it is a 6 as the last one is due to process of elimination, I don't go with the carefreeness of the 7, and although I am almost always making logical decisions, this is a subconcious thing, and I don't believe that logic is the end all be all of all things, this leaves 6.

I also want to have my correct tritype, but i'm pretty sure I'm more 4 than 3, like in the description between the two, I don't often get strong feelings, but when I do I want to stop and look it over, encourage it to grow if it's positive, wonder why i'm feeling that way, etc. I also barely ever see people as unprofessional or immature unless I specifically look for that, however I can see people as being inauthentic or shallow with a lot less effort.

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
The entire time when reading the OP I read 6 out of it. 3 tendencies in there a little, but I didn't see the goal oriented drive. Very much about other people and relationships, very 6-like. I didn't read strong motivation of a 4 in there at all. I know many 6s that put an emphasis stronger than most to be unique and this seems to fit that. I would say 6w5 SX is the best thing I can come up with.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
@Hruberen - Hmm... I'm looking over everything again and I simply don't think Four is possible as your core. 6w5 seems like it is more you. A common thread within what you've written is a want for security and stability. While you may want to have a strong identity and that is important for you, security seems to be your motivation. You are simply searching for that. I think you could definitely have Four in your tritype. You don't want to be betrayed. You don't trust people easily. Six things. You mention you don't feel shame, but for Fours, shame is a pretty big thing. It doesn't match up. What makes you think you aren't a Six?

Many people don't want to type themselves as Six because at first glance, it seems that Sixes are anxiety ridden fearful people. The fact is, they're not. There are Sixes that feel the need to face fear and do so, and Sixes who protect and hide themselves from those fears. There are passive Sixes, and then there are more aggressive Sixes. Six is very complex, very deep, and actually very courageous in many ways.

Everything so far you have listed as a Four thing actually seems to point more towards what would be a wing of Five in a 6w5. You're more likely, in fact, to be a Five than a Four. And you are more likely to be a Six than anything. Your five wing would mean you turn inwards a lot and you definitely feel strong emotion. You may feel misunderstood by others. Perhaps quite frequently. Don't mix this up with Four. The fact that you are individual and artsy at this point seems to be tracing a line to 6w5 as opposed to 4w3. Lots of Sixes relate to the negative aspects of Four, which is everything you say you relate to.

Like @Wake said, Four appears very little. Six appears quite a bit. Your motivations are Six-like. Not Four-like.

Sixes can mistype as pretty much anything. Unfortunately, descriptions don't do Sixes much justice. Most people don't want to become a Six and therefore avoid it at all cost. You may relate to Four at least somewhat, but lots of things aren't matching up. It is not a good idea to fit yourself into something you're not. I mistyped myself as a Nine for quite some time. I thought it fit me perfectly. I could relate to some big things. But I realized that while it did fit me well, my motivations were not a Nine's. They were that of a Six. And then I realized just how well Six fit me.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I don't seek security, I am secure and already have it, which is most of the problem as there is little excitement in my life atm, same with stability, I don't seek them out but I have them anyway. As for not trusting people easily, I don't know what trusting someone feels like, so I may or may not trust easily depending on the definition of giving someone your trust. I do not feel shame because I never do shameful things, i'm usually home on the computer doing stuff, last Friday I went to a party that I wasn't supposed to go to, but I didn't feel shame for that if I didn't want to go, I wouldn't have. I just looked up the definition of trust and that's easy for me to do. I'm also not very courageous, or at all that artsy.

Maybe ask me some questions on why I would do certain things, i'll answer and it will help out?

at this site http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/descript.asp I agree with the motivations of 7 the most for the thinking center, 3 for the heart, and 9 for the body

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
Timeless does state that
Basic Drive: Basic Drive: Isolation vs. Connection
for 4s. This could have been a big misinterpretation by us.

The identity focus is what I didn't see in all of that, but text doesn't tell the whole story *shrug*

EDIT: I'm bad at spotting 4s anyways.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@Wake what do you mean by your post, it's kind of hard to decipher...

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
@Hruberen - The problem with The Enneagram Institute website being that it doesn't have the best descriptions in the world. It can be a bit hard to decipher. This website is better, in my opinion: the enneagram ...info from the underground ^^

Anyways, Fours often feel ashamed. Angry at themselves. They feel like they "fall short" so much. The fact that you say you don't do shameful things tells me Four seems less likely as your core, at least. Now Seven could fit you, I suppose... 7w6? That's something to consider.

I'm also not very courageous, or at all that artsy.
Haha, neither am I. But I think I could be, if I had to be. Not artsy? That's okay. Truthfully, being artsy has little to do with type. Although usually Fours are more "artsy" or have an eye and appreciation for any aspect of the arts. Not all the time, though. :)

How about this. When do you rely on other people, and why?

How important is your identity to you, and why?

Do you feel like you need security? Why?

What type would you like to be, and why? ^_^ Haha. It is a question to consider.

What type do you find yourself most repulsed by? Why? (What is it about it that you find yourself edging away from?)

Those may help.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
@Julia Bell
When do you rely on other people, and why?
Only when I can't do what I need to rely on them for, eg I can't drive so I must rely on other people to get me from place to place, and I hate that.
How important is your identity to you, and why?
It's pretty darn important, I really don't want to blend in, it just so happens subconciously, I'll wear extraverted clothing, and I love when people are talking about me, either negatively, neutrally, or positively. Being a unique entity helps accomplish that.
Do you feel like you need security? Why?
I don't feel like I need security, I think that i've in fact been too secure for most of my life, and need to get out and see the world more and meet new people.
What type would you like to be, and why?
I would like to be type 8, I know that I am not, but being type 8 would cover most of my debilitating weaknesses, especially socially. I just think that if I could sell myself more, i'd be happier and not have to rely on a single person for social interaction with new people. I could be confident and execute my good ideas, where they now just sit in my head useless and accumulating dust.
What type do you find yourself most repulsed by? Why?
Either 1 or 6, 1 because things are working the way they are for a reason, you don't need to fix things that aren't broken. I think one of my parents may be this type, and it is really annoying when I come home all happy after a night out with friends, and she is po'd because we broke some minor law, or that I left my sister home alone. I mean, nobody got hurt or in trouble during, so why are you hurting and putting people into trouble now? A simple, can you not do this next time, it makes me worried should suffice. 6 because it has a negative connotation to me and if I were a 6 it'd conflict with what I want to do and change me I think. I adore chaos, it's awesome when you don't know what's going to happen next and be constantly surprised, this doesn't happen to me often but I cherish those moments, I also think being 6 would cause me to be more of a recluse than I already am.

This may or not help but wondering what annoyed me about the one put me in a ranting mood so i'll share some things that people do that annoy me:
1. They talk but don't want to (if you don't want to do something than don't do it)
2. They worry about me when I didn't ask them too (i'm capable and do things for a very specific reason, though I may not know it at the time)
3. Lead other people on and use people (those girls that want you to do everything for them, with no turnabout of any kind)

Also I'm extremely comfortable when it is night and i'm alone and I can hear both urban sounds and natural sounds, this only applies outside. Although darkness anywhere is a welcomed sight.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Looking over your post again:

1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?
Love, Identity, Information that can be trusted, to explore possibilities
You accent trust here, as well as knowledge, identity, and love. All those can be applied to any type. Could be anything from Six to Seven to Four.

2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?
Find a nice girl to marry, have a job where I can occasionally travel with the family and make enough money so that we're living the good life, if I discover something monumental along the way, that's also a plus
Here you want to be content. To have a secure life and an exciting one.

3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being? What values are important to you?
Truth, and honesty are important to me. The only thing I don't want to be is repulsive.
Not 100% sure what this points to. Somebody better at typing people than me might be able to tell. What do you mean by "repulsive"? What is your definition of "repulsive"? What does a repulsive person look like to you?

4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?
I'll run out of books to read, That i'll never find a steady relationship, I won't be able to get a job after college, not having enough money. Books because I need to read to be able to escape from the world sometimes, and it's hard for me to reread the same book. Relationship has to deal with not finding true love for myself. Job because I want to be able to buy all the tech and toys that my family wants, Akimbo with money.
Six. Maybe Seven. Overall, I see a want for steadiness, safety, and comfort.

5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?
I'd like others to see me as unorthodox, to underestimate me, unique, intelligent, altruistic, random, emotional, passionate. All of these except emotional are how I see myself.
Counterphobic Six or perhaps Seven. I can actually see some Four here. ^^ Definitely.

6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?
I'm at my worst when I am not able to spend time with ladyfriends when i've come out of isolation, or when i'm at someone else's house and i'm not sure how i'll get back to my house, or when I don't do something that I want to do. I'm at my best when I feel confident, playful, and outgoing.
I can see multiple possibilities here. Not so much Four at all. What do you mean when you say "when I don't do something I want to do"?

7. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.
The only time I feel anger is when stupid stuff happens on video games and I can't win. Shame I also haven't felt. Anxiety when I can't hang out with girls, or am forgotten while being reclusive.
Hmm... Shame and anger are both things I know Fours describe themselves as feeling. Anger turned inwards; shame and anger at falling short of their expectations they held for themselves. You do feel anxiety, though. That leads me to believe you are a Head type. I doubt you are a Five. I see possible Six or Seven (7w6).

8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.
Stress, I will withdraw into my own world and pretend the real one doesn't exist. Unexpected changes I usually love, unless it negatively affects me. Conflict I do not care about, what happens will happen, and I don't care, even when i'm involved.
Hmm... What unexpected change would you say would negatively effect you? What sort of conflict do you try to avoid and when do you engage in conflict?

9. Describe your orientation to: a) authority; b) power. How do you respond to these?
When I have authority I usually would make the decision that benefits me the most while still benefitting other people. I do not enjoy using power except for when it is necessary to accomplish a goal of mine, which I do not get much of.
I can see some Three, though I really doubt that is your core now. What about other people in authority? How do you respond to them? What about other people with power?

10. What is your overall outlook on life and humanity?
Whatever happens happens, and I seek to get the most out of my time on earth and deal with the consequences as they come.
Hmm... What do you mean by "get the most out of my time on earth"? What is your idea of a satisfying life?

12. Comment on your relationship with trust.
I don't think I ever truly trust people, I will give more weight to opinions and suggestions of those close to me.
I see Six.

13. List some of the traits you: a) like; b) dislike most about yourself.
I like how I am intellectual, smart, do not objectify women, am passionate. I dislike that I can not carry out internally made decisions, and that I am not very outgoing and charming.
Interesting. I see some internal anger towards yourself. One-ish. What do you mean by "internally made decisions"? Do you get angry at yourself for doing something you told yourself you wouldn't do?

14. What do you see or notice in others that most people don't?
Maybe the set of their face? I can usually guess soemthing of a person's character by how their facial features are oriented, otherwise nothing at all.
I feel this is a Six thing, especially when I look at your previous answers. You seem to be able to or at least you want to test the waters; sniff out a person's character before fully placing your trust in them.

15. If a stranger insults you, how do you respond/feel? What if they compliment you?
If they insult, if its true and has a justifiable reason, I'm not phased. Otherwise, I will begin to impersonally tear the other person down until they leave. If they compliment me, i'm very slightly embarrased but also happy that someone took notice of me.
We can safely rule out Nine for good. XD Six here, I can see.

16. What's something you are: a) thankful you have; b) wish you could have? Why?
I am thankful for my rich upbringing, we never went hungry and I could usually have all the tools I need to occupy myself. One thing I wish I could have is a healthy, passionate relationship with a woman. former because I didn't have to worry about fending for myself and latter because that is my formost goal in life, to find someone to love.
All right. I see here lots of Six.

Overall, I still see much 6w5. Simply because while you say you do not need security, you seem to seek it. You seem to look towards the future. I see Six especially in the last question you answered. You seem to look for, other than passion, stability and security in your ideal relationship. You don't wish to fend for yourself. You don't trust people easily.

You could possibly be a Seven, but I don't see that, really. You're definitely very introverted and a bit on the distrustful side. You underline a want for stability than constantly being out there and spending energy and experiencing new things. While everybody does want to have new experiences, that doesn't seem to be your focus. It doesn't seem to be something weighing on your core.

Definitely not Four, though.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
All right, @Hruberen - looking at your most recent post:

Only when I can't do what I need to rely on them for, eg I can't drive so I must rely on other people to get me from place to place, and I hate that.
Can't really apply that to any type for sure. Still wondering about Six.

It's pretty darn important, I really don't want to blend in, it just so happens subconciously, I'll wear extraverted clothing, and I love when people are talking about me, either negatively, neutrally, or positively. Being a unique entity helps accomplish that.
You wish to stand out, and to get a reaction from people. I can see Four here. Consider Four or 3w4 as your image fix. I still don't think it's your core.

I don't feel like I need security, I think that i've in fact been too secure for most of my life, and need to get out and see the world more and meet new people.
You keep saying you don't need security because you already have it. It seems to me you feel, instead of too secure, to be trapped. I've certainly felt that before. I can relate. I'm leaning more towards 6w7 or 7w6 now, if new experiences and experiencing life 100% means so much to you.

I would like to be type 8, I know that I am not, but being type 8 would cover most of my debilitating weaknesses, especially socially. I just think that if I could sell myself more, i'd be happier and not have to rely on a single person for social interaction with new people. I could be confident and execute my good ideas, where they now just sit in my head useless and accumulating dust.
Here you focus on your weaknesses. The ones you are painfully aware of. You seem to feel as though you have to rely on others. Very interesting. ^^ I think that's cool. Not sure what type it particularly points to at the moment.

Either 1 or 6, 1 because things are working the way they are for a reason, you don't need to fix things that aren't broken. I think one of my parents may be this type, and it is really annoying when I come home all happy after a night out with friends, and she is po'd because we broke some minor law, or that I left my sister home alone. I mean, nobody got hurt or in trouble during, so why are you hurting and putting people into trouble now? A simple, can you not do this next time, it makes me worried should suffice.
Hmm... You seem to misunderstand One. One doesn't just mean that you are angry at the way things are, or the way things work. Being a One can mean you are self-critical, as well. And perhaps you see people doing things that you know are wrong. Such as, you see a lot of people in the world acting selfish, and you think, "The world would be better if people weren't so selfish." However, for a One, this is there at a core level. The reaction to your mother getting angry at you was interesting. It could just be me, but in your posts I've seen a bit of anger directed towards yourself. I wonder if I'm pulling this out of thin air. But your reaction is similar to what mine would be, and I have a One in my tritype.

6 because it has a negative connotation to me and if I were a 6 it'd conflict with what I want to do and change me I think. I adore chaos, it's awesome when you don't know what's going to happen next and be constantly surprised, this doesn't happen to me often but I cherish those moments, I also think being 6 would cause me to be more of a recluse than I already am.
Why does Six have a negative connotation to you, though? That is important to answer. What do you want to do? In what ways would being a Six "change" you? No, being a Six wouldn't cause you to be more of a recluse. XD Trust me on that one. :) Just like finding out you're a Seven doesn't make you more of an Extrovert. Lol. ^^ Or perhaps you meant you feel like you'd have to be more introverted to be a Six. No, that's not true, especially if you're a 6w7. I am, and I am extremely Extroverted. :) Oh yes, don't be scared to say what annoys you about Six simply because I am a Six. XD

This may or not help but wondering what annoyed me about the one put me in a ranting mood so i'll share some things that people do that annoy me:
1. They talk but don't want to (if you don't want to do something than don't do it)
2. They worry about me when I didn't ask them too (i'm capable and do things for a very specific reason, though I may not know it at the time)
3. Lead other people on and use people (those girls that want you to do everything for them, with no turnabout of any kind)
I'm beginning to see some One tendencies now. Interesting.

I think it would be a good idea to help explain something to you. The Image Triad (also known as the Heart Triad) is "motivated" by shame. The Body (or Gut) Triad is "motivated" by anger. And the Head Triad is motivated by fear. Now, by motivated I'm trying to say simply that those emotions are, you could say, the "core emotion" of those types. Just something to keep in mind. ^^

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Why does Six have a negative connotation to you, though?
I honestly think I just don't like the number six, although as far as the description, I think someone who was focusing too much on their security and whatnot, would be missing something that's great and right in front of them, which is one of my biggest fears. I sometimes feel like i'm missing out on so many opportunities just because I can't see what is right in front of my face and that I lack motivations for doing things that could do good to me. Also security is always easy to find, along with a boost of morale. The fact that you exist at all is testamount to having the odds in your favor, for those in the past that died out lost their genes, and were not able to pass them on for you to have, which is a good thing. This means that the majority of your genes will be helpful towards you. I will admit that my minecraft houses resemble a six builder, but its more because I love making my friends go what the fuck because I set up a redstone system that causes the blueprint to change between day and night. I also dislike my friend's reckless driving, although it's because it is an unnessescary risk, and makes my parents think less of me for no reason.

As far as the motivations go, I think i'm motivated by fear the most, it's almost a surefire way to get me to do something. When I do something in anger, I often feel that it has more of a purpose and more depth akin to the 5th function in JCF, for me Te. I barely feel shame, mostly because I don't do things that I feel are wrong and when someone tries to guilt trip me I mostly just get angry at them for thinking they can control me, I will do things to solely buck control from people, shake up the status quo, stick it to people, and I love doing this. I am also kind of sad that being motivated by shame is my last motive, the image triad was my favorite.

Also, 6 just seems utterly wrong for some reason. And as far as selfishness goes, I think if more people were selfish the world will operate more smoothly. Like for example if we stopped helping Africa and prolonging their wars out of selflessness, more Africans would die. This would cause the world's populations to decrease and solve that problem, without the painful effect of losing people you know and care about. Same for people with Fatal diseases that significantly shorten their lifetime, although to a much lesser extent.

Another thing is for 6, It seems they focus too much on themselves, but in the wrong way, that leaves you worse off than when you started. Instead of seeing what you can lockdown that is good for you and keep things stable, you should focus more on generating more favorable conditions, appreciate good things when they're there, mourn a little for their loss, and then move on to the next great thing. Some of the saddest moments in my life I must say are the times when I feel another chapter of my life ending, and another one beginning, I also very much dislike endings, and like not knowing what is going to happen.

What's interesting is how the motivations play with each other, I feel ashamed when I am motivated out of fear with a side of feeling a bit angry. Out of all of these I would most want to be motivated out of anger, When I do something out of anger I feel like i'm giving off the right message that needs to be delivered. Also, somewhat having to do with anger is I'd want to go out with a girl for the almost sole reason that my friend hates her (she's a redhead, but its still mostly because of that). I like the look when girls get when they play at being angry. Anger and fear motives are relatively close, 7w8 or 8w7 could explain this easily.

as for
The stuff I said I was thankful for is mainly what I think others would be thankful for, and have been told I should be thankful for. This isn't possible, but i'd rather be given to an assassin organization at birth to train to be an assassin, just so could have a +1 up on the competition. I often find myself constantly wanting something and having to wait it out because I can't get it. My favorite emotions that I like to see on myself and others are desire and passion, and looking purposed, with no doubts. The competition is all the guys that could be compared to me. I want to be THE most desirable man in the room at all times, makes my part of getting into a relationship easier and is built in check for authenticity, as if someone isn't authentic they will hopefully be intimidated by the amount of competition and not pursue. I kind of wish I was a woman, as this is kind of what happens naturally for them on the dating scene. I want to be the merchandise, not the buyer.

Not 100% sure what this points to. Somebody better at typing people than me might be able to tell. What do you mean by "repulsive"?
When people don't want to be around me. I really like it when people love to be around me, especially if it's illogical for them to want to be around me.

What do you mean when you say "when I don't do something I want to do"?
If I get something I want/should do in my head, and can't execute it for whatever reason. eg, if there is a cute girl that's been eye tagging with me, I want to go to talk to her, but for some illogical reason I can't, and this makes me disappointed in myself, hopeless, a bit angry if it happens too often.

Started thinking about peace and war, and I would most definitely lean toward war, but I would not instigate it. IF there was conflict going on, or change, I would would want it to keep going. I would feel empty and aimless at the onset of peace, I was really distraught at the end of lord of the rings, for example, because there was no promise of new adventure. With the four elements I am most definitely NOT Stone, and 6 I see as stony. I am most likely Air, the antithesis of stone, and 6 is my most despised number for myself in the enneagram followed by one, then 2. If not air, then I would probably be water. I don't think I am fire, but I would like to be, and would want an ideal girl to have a very Firey personality, if she were water I'd think that she would weigh me down and wallowing would become a problem. Were she air, i'd worry about inauthenticity, and me being just another passing fancy. Earth, I don't feel much except I feel as though she'd be pretty boring, it's good to be true to yourself, but the rest of things don't need to stay the same and shouldn't.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
@Hruberen - All right. I see what you mean now. I am pretty sure that Six isn't your core now. -throws Six away- So, 7w6 or 7w8, I'm thinking. As your core. ^^ As for your gut fix, I'm thinking One (not sure what Wing, but I think it would have to be 1w2) or Eight. I don't see any Nine in you, really. So 1w2 or 8w7. And as for you image fix, either 3w4 or 4w3. In some order. That's up for you to decide. You were right when you saw you had Four tendencies.

As for your instinctual variant, I see some Sp, definitely. And perhaps it was your Sp tendencies that made me want to type you as a Six, initially. Sx or So, I'm not sure. I'm thinking Sx, at this point. Just saying what I saw to help you figure it out.

Don't take my word for it, though. Make sure to really look into things. It's hard to find good places with information on the Enneagram. Typwatch and Ocean Moonshine are golden (links I posted on this thread) so if you ever want to look stuff up, those are good places. :) And while you're probably not a Six, I do hope you will happen to see it in a better light sometime. ^^ It's too bad descriptions portray it in such a negative light, most of the time.

I really hope I was helpful. ^^

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
You were more than helpful, :3

You brought a different perspective that was very refreshing and insightful. I don't know if you noticed but I really like discussing things, and I thank you for engaging me in this.

I'm going with 7w8-4w5-8w7 sp/sx

I think wings are not representative of the type as a whole, They exemplify only some specific aspects of their type well and that is why I went with 4w5. 4 ahead of 8 because I'm really not that agressive or self confident and having a big influence from four explains why I am more of an introverted 7, and fits more nicely into the INTP mbti. Btw 7 is definitely me, but with more introverted tendencies.

The numbers and instinctual stacking is locked down, now I just need to confirm the order. Everything is locked down now, using typewatch and moonshine

1 - 20 of 21 Posts