Personality Cafe banner

Would I be closer to an INTP or INTJ function stack?

• INTP

• INTJ

• right in between

Results are only viewable after voting.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe that I fall under the category of INTP, and tests have always given me INTX (INTP, INTJ, or INT with equal J/P) with the exception of a phase where I got ISTP. I personally identify most with descriptions of INTPs (behaviours, mindsets, strengths, and some weaknesses).

However, last month I revisited the cognitive function stacks. The INTP stack is Ti-Ne-Si-Fe. The INTJ stack is Ni-Te-Fi-Se. I don't connect with either. For reference, my top four most pronounced functions are Ni, Ti, Ne, and Fi (according to a test - I can definitely say it's very accurate, although I'd place Ti first). I scored low on Te and Fe (Si = Se in the middle). However, shadow functions are said to not be conscious and to generally be weak, negative, underdeveloped, or even hurtful. Additionally, some websites cite them developing at different ages, which I believe is completely ridiculous.

At this point I was about to just settle on reading binary descriptions and largely ignore the cognitive functions. However, I later saw people say that MBTI is almost worthless without cognitive functions. I get that I'm a human and that it's highly probable that I won't vibe with a stack the most. Still, I just want to see where I'd fit in when strained through the confines of MBTI.

Thoughts? Which type's stack do you think I am closest to? (I've also included a poll.) Also, if you see another type (MBTI or otherwise) that you think would fit better, I'm interested in hearing it.

·
Beer Guardian
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ
15,809 Posts
Don't trust the tests. They can help you narrow things down, but you have to learn your cognitive functions after that.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't trust the tests. They can help you narrow things down, but you have to learn your cognitive functions after that.
I took the test because I felt dissatisfied with descriptions of both INTP and INTJ cognitive functions. Could you clarify by what you mean with "learn your cognitive functions"?

·
Registered
INTJ
306 Posts
I can't tell you what you are by that. If you want me to point everything out then fill this out.

1.) Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

2.) What kind of person are you and why?

3.) What kind of person would you LIKE to be? Why? What kind of person would you NOT want to be? Why?

4.) A. What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? B. If you could change one thing about your personality, what would it be? Why?

5.) Do you think there are any differences to how you described yourself and how people actually perceive you? How do you think others would describe you? If there are any discrepancies between these two that are you are aware of; do you know why exactly that is?

6.) What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

7.) What makes you like the personalities of some people?

8.) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

9.) How do you react to new situations in your life? Can you describe an event in your life where you were in an unknown situation? How did you deal with it?

10.) How do you judge new ideas?

11.) What tends to weigh on your decisions?

12.) A. What activities energize you most? B. What activities drain you most? Why?

13.) A. Describe what an enjoyable situation is for you. B. Describe what a stressful situation is for you.

14.) Describe your relationship to authority. How do you perceive authority? What does it mean to you, and how do you deal with it?

15.) Describe your relationship to order and chaos. What do order and chaos mean to you? How do they manifest in your daily life?

16.) How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

17.) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

18.) What is it that you desire in life? What do you strive to achieve? Why? Where do you think these drives and desires stem from or are inspired by?

19.) What is it that you fear in life? Why? How does this fear manifest to you both in how you think and how you act?

20.) What type do you think you are? Why this/these type(s)? Is there a type that appeals to you, to your self-perception, that you would like to be? Why?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I can't tell you what you are by that. If you want me to point everything out then fill this out.

1.) Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

2.) What kind of person are you and why?

3.) What kind of person would you LIKE to be? Why? What kind of person would you NOT want to be? Why?

4.) A. What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? B. If you could change one thing about your personality, what would it be? Why?

5.) Do you think there are any differences to how you described yourself and how people actually perceive you? How do you think others would describe you? If there are any discrepancies between these two that are you are aware of; do you know why exactly that is?

6.) What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

7.) What makes you like the personalities of some people?

8.) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

9.) How do you react to new situations in your life? Can you describe an event in your life where you were in an unknown situation? How did you deal with it?

10.) How do you judge new ideas?

11.) What tends to weigh on your decisions?

12.) A. What activities energize you most? B. What activities drain you most? Why?

13.) A. Describe what an enjoyable situation is for you. B. Describe what a stressful situation is for you.

14.) Describe your relationship to authority. How do you perceive authority? What does it mean to you, and how do you deal with it?

15.) Describe your relationship to order and chaos. What do order and chaos mean to you? How do they manifest in your daily life?

16.) How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

17.) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

18.) What is it that you desire in life? What do you strive to achieve? Why? Where do you think these drives and desires stem from or are inspired by?

19.) What is it that you fear in life? Why? How does this fear manifest to you both in how you think and how you act?

20.) What type do you think you are? Why this/these type(s)? Is there a type that appeals to you, to your self-perception, that you would like to be? Why?
Okay, here goes. Hopefully it's just enough to be useful...

I am limiting myself to 3 lines an answer max.

1) No / Decline to state.

2) I am reserved and introspective. I am not bad at feeling empathy, but have difficulty reaching out. I consider myself accepting, imaginative, curious, humorous, intelligent, absent-minded, and passionate. I like debating and revealing other perspectives. I pride myself on my intellectual side, loving logic and abstractions, as well as having a good use of the objective. I'm not very organized on the outside, but everything falls into place on the inside; however, I'm good at making lists, charts, and diagrams.

3) I'd like to have a better sense of empathy, as well as be less prone to negative emotions. I don't want to be arrogant or dominating, and not too concrete or traditional either. Additionally, I wouldn't want to be close-minded and push my beliefs onto others. I don't want to become someone stuck in a routine, as I believe it kills creativity and flexibility. Still, I'd like to be more organized with my physical surroundings. Although I sometimes organize and arrange for fun, I never have the energy to keep it up.

4)
A. I'm not sure. I think it's mainly my overall logic-centered nature that is independent of strict routines and rigid organization. I also think that some may view this as contradicted by my strong sense of inner feelings and my high morality. I like to take my time to just ponder thoughts, and I feel like most people are too disinterested in that. I'm also highly skeptical and I think of myself as a good problem solver and critical thinker. I generally feel misunderstood by everyone.

B. I don't know if I'd actually want to change any part of my personality, though a push in the direction of my answer for question 3) might be healthy.

5) Apparently, most people just see me as smart, funny, and hard-working. I don't think that's inherently wrong, it's just a bit shallow - which I suppose makes sense. I sometimes wonder if this is the only side of me that I show to other people. Also, I think it's hard to see whether or not I'm hard-working from the inside, especially because I procrastinate quite a lot. I do put a lot of effort into my work, though.

6) Honesty, authenticity, and lack of malicious intent are most important to me, I suppose. Or are we talking about other things like "murder is bad"? Anyways, I'm not sure how I determined these, they kind of just came from within. My moral values are based on my thoughts and others' views, though.

7) Well, I prefer to form strong friendships with those that aren't invasive, aren't too talkative, and spend a lot of time in their minds. I also like it when people are open-minded, imaginative, and not afraid to explore unrealistic things just for the fun of it. I like people who can healthily use and express their emotions, while still knowing when facts and logic are preferred. I like people who are sensitive to the feelings of other people, but don't lie or sugarcoat.

8) I don't like people that I find boring, too energetic, or controlling. I also don't like it when people are overdependent on emotion, or are too detached from emotional sensation. I am repelled by over traditionalistic views, and I dislike it when people are resistant or critical of change. I hate conceited, arrogant, yet not self-aware attitudes.

9) What is "new", really? As in, unfamiliar? There are lots of times - when I'm researching a subject, or travelling to a new place, or playing a new game. I just immerse myself and make it familiar for the most part.

10) I'm not sure what is meant by this question. I just look at whether or not they're consistent, try to see whether or not they're compatible with my views, and try to get as many other perspectives as possible. If it's a moral view, I try to see where others are coming from and compare their views to mine. I think I'm generally open-minded and rarely decisive on what I think, so I'm always willing to consider other opinions unless it is objective.

11) As in, what makes me decide or what makes me hesitant or something else? My decision-making process mostly goes through first just knowing what to do or what I want to do, then analyzing all the other possibilities, choosing the best one, working it all out, and then committing to a choice. It really depends on the decision though. For less objective or logical things, my intuition and feelings have a good say in them, but they're always checked against anything that could be objective.

12)
A. Introspecting, a quiet space with a lot of time in nature, reading a book, researching an interesting subject, solving puzzles, being alone, making art, sleeping (if I'm tired).
B. Worthless surface chat, spending lots of time with many other people, high amounts of physical activity (as obvious as sleeping is energizing, I guess), boring 'productive' work.

13)
A. All the energizing things I listed above. And pursuing my hobbies and passions.
B. This is stressful. I'm getting tired of answering questions. I didn't realize this would be so draining. Anyways, other stressful things are when people keep telling you to do x which is harmful (for example, sleeping when you're restless or doing work when they're distracting you), as well as what is bad but inevitable.

14) Well it all depends. I am usually critical and challenging of authority, but I've learned not to speak up too much unless you know something can be changed. I think rigid authority is a bad system. Instead, people in power should be open-minded and willing to consider other perspectives.

15) Order on the inside. Some chaos on the outside. My life is not orderly, but it is not chaotic. It's a bit like a river, if that makes sense. Rivers are only turbulent in some places, and in any case they still have a general direction.

16) I analyze them. I always have a sense of what could happen and what might happen in a situation. Some things are not worth thinking about, so I let my gut decide. Also, if I'm pondering some sort of problem, I am quick to jump on a hunch and see if it works out, or what other insights it might contribute.

17) I think before speaking, but in a casual discussion with close members where I feel comfortable, I can just put my thoughts out there. Also, even if I think, it can be very hard to put my thoughts into clear and concise sentences that don't require additional clarification. I prefer one-on-one communication, generally. There's a sense of direction, it's easy to see what is interesting and what is not, and everyone is always involved.

18) I want to have achieved something and to have a good status, but those are just pillars that support what I really want, which is just happinness and being able to pursue my passions and interests. I think these drives are just due to my good sense of identity and being an individual, and also just a core motivating factor - in this case, things I like and want to learn more about. I suppose another thing that drives me is my thirst for knowledge, but that falls under contentment.

19) I think I mainly fear being converted into someone with a lack of sense of individual, as well as having no success. Not knowing who I am and what I want. Also, not being able to do what I want. I don't know if it really manifests in anything. Less deep fears include not being respected, being ignored, dying, that kind of stuff.

20) For MBTI: I think I'm an INTP, but as stated in this discussion I might be an INTJ as well. Especially the cognitive function conflict, that's what's really bothering me. Also, there was a point in time when I got ISTP results. I've gotten INTx and INTJ on some MBTI tests. Another possibility is that I am just an INFP who likes underlying logic rationality. Hopefully someone can help.

I also want to hear about my types in other typologies. I think I'm a 5w4 541 or similar in the Enneagram, if anyone can comment on that, and hopefully someone can give me a Socionics type. Other typing theories are welcome as well.

Edit: looks like 3 lines in the original editor doesn't necessarily show up as 3 lines here. Oh well.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I believe that I fall under the category of INTP, and tests have always given me INTX (INTP, INTJ, or INT with equal J/P) with the exception of a phase where I got ISTP. I personally identify most with descriptions of INTPs (behaviours, mindsets, strengths, and some weaknesses).
Learn as much as possible about the stressors of each type and see what you identify with most. Also, check if you have a secret world domination plan and you're likely to act on it. That'd make you an INTJ. Go with what you identify with the most. 16 types just a base, there are subtypes. Remember big five is much more useful in personal improvement and predicting life success and compatibility.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Learn as much as possible about the stressors of each type and see what you identify with most. Also, check if you have a secret world domination plan and you're likely to act on it. That'd make you an INTJ. Go with what you identify with the most. 16 types just a base, there are subtypes. Remember big five is much more useful in personal improvement and predicting life success and compatibility.
All right. Do you know of any good resources?

(And what are the ways in which big five helps?)

·
Registered
101 Posts
All right. Do you know of any good resources?

(And what are the ways in which big five helps?)
Im sorry I don’t exactly have resources at hand as of this moment, I haven’t been active on mbti space for years. But when I get some resources and look more into your concerns, I’ll let you know.

Take the big five test with this link (MIT License) and read the detailed description you’ll see how it helps.

Free open-source BigFive personality traits test

Any further discussion about big five, feel free to dm me.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im sorry I don’t exactly have resources at hand as of this moment, I haven’t been active on mbti space for years. But when I get some resources and look more into your concerns, I’ll let you know.

Take the big five test with this link (MIT License) and read the detailed description you’ll see how it helps.

Free open-source BigFive personality traits test

Any further discussion about big five, feel free to dm me.
When I looked it up, I think most of the INTJ and most of the INTP stressors were part of mine, with a bit of both that weren't. I'll try to look for more sources.

I've already taken that [Big Five] test, and it's definitely good at describing parts of me, though I don't know how much growth I can get out of it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
When I looked it up, I think most of the INTJ and most of the INTP stressors were part of mine, with a bit of both that weren't. I'll try to look for more sources.

I've already taken that [Big Five] test, and it's definitely good at describing parts of me, though I don't know how much growth I can get out of it.
Intjs are more action oriented. Towards practical, applied science. We learn to understand then use.

intps are more knowledge for the sake of it. Learn to understand no need to use.

Say Einstein vs Tesla.

This is a generalization of course.

it took me one year to conclude I was intj, because of the life situation I found myself in and because I didn’t know enough about mbti.

Remember, Mayer And Briggs said MBTI works best for top 50% develop people in the Population.

You can get maximum personal development from Big Five, more than any other test. If used appropriately of course.

feel free to share your results with me in private if you want me to analyze and give you some tips.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Intjs are more action oriented. Towards practical, applied science. We learn to understand then use.

intps are more knowledge for the sake of it. Learn to understand no need to use.

Say Einstein vs Tesla.

This is a generalization of course.

it took me one year to conclude I was intj, because of the life situation I found myself in and because I didn’t know enough about mbti.

Remember, Mayer And Briggs said MBTI works best for top 50% develop people in the Population.

You can get maximum personal development from Big Five, more than any other test. If used appropriately of course.

feel free to share your results with me in private if you want me to analyze and give you some tips.
Under that comparison I am the INTP, but I don't see how the stack is supposed to deal with that.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don’t understand this, exactly.
I don't see how the function stack reflects these differences. I am able to relate well to descriptions of INTP, and slightly less so with INTJ, but with neither stack.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I don't see how the function stack reflects these differences. I am able to relate well to descriptions of INTP, and slightly less so with INTJ, but with neither stack.
Funtion stack doesn’t always meet expectations, and that’s ok. Don’t look for what’s more developed or what you use more but the function that makes you feel most functional when in use. You’re probably going to use your second function more and it’d be most developed in my case for example. And my Ti Is more developed in function Stack than my Ni.
If someday I get to learn And rely more on my Ni more than I rely on Ti to make up for missing information, my Ni will become much more developed.
Don’t forget we all have the 8 functions and they’re never perfectly arranged because of our personal life and surrounding. Strengthens one thing over another. The more you understand cog. Function the More you’ll notice when you’re using one more.
For example, you’ll be able to know when you’re using N to learn (use one idea to connect dots and get ahas) vs when you’re using S to learn (feed the memory, connect what you’re learning to what you already know).
We do use all these functions sometimes all at once. But the one you’re most comfortable with, the one you’re more productive and functional with without being drained and stressed out. You can be tired from using your dominant and auxiliary function but you’d not be as drained and stressed as if you use your tertiary, or fourth or shadow function. Even if these ones are stronger in the stack and more developed than the dominant and auxiliary one.

Use other personality test backup to conclude. Enneagram, bigfive as you’ve already done, 5 strengths finder is great too. MBTI is incomplete same as the rest. Don’t rely solely on MBTI.

·
Registered
INTJ
306 Posts
2) I am reserved and introspective. I am not bad at feeling empathy, but have difficulty reaching out. I consider myself accepting, imaginative, curious, humorous, intelligent, absent-minded, and passionate. I like debating and revealing other perspectives. I pride myself on my intellectual side, loving logic and abstractions, as well as having a good use of the objective. I'm not very organized on the outside, but everything falls into place on the inside; however, I'm good at making lists, charts, and diagrams.
Some kind of I baiting out N pretty hard

3) I'd like to have a better sense of empathy, as well as be less prone to negative emotions. I don't want to be arrogant or dominating, and not too concrete or traditional either. Additionally, I wouldn't want to be close-minded and push my beliefs onto others. I don't want to become someone stuck in a routine, as I believe it kills creativity and flexibility. Still, I'd like to be more organized with my physical surroundings. Although I sometimes organize and arrange for fun, I never have the energy to keep it up.
T and baiting out the N again

4)
A. I'm not sure. I think it's mainly my overall logic-centered nature that is independent of strict routines and rigid organization. I also think that some may view this as contradicted by my strong sense of inner feelings and my high morality. I like to take my time to just ponder thoughts, and I feel like most people are too disinterested in that. I'm also highly skeptical and I think of myself as a good problem solver and critical thinker. I generally feel misunderstood by everyone.

B. I don't know if I'd actually want to change any part of my personality, though a push in the direction of my answer for question 3) might be healthy.
T but you show Fi so the T should be Te
I
also baiting out saying you are intellectual again

5) Apparently, most people just see me as smart, funny, and hard-working. I don't think that's inherently wrong, it's just a bit shallow - which I suppose makes sense. I sometimes wonder if this is the only side of me that I show to other people. Also, I think it's hard to see whether or not I'm hard-working from the inside, especially because I procrastinate quite a lot. I do put a lot of effort into my work, though.
I think you read descriptions of INTP or something and are now putting them at me as opposed to being this as a person naturally

6) Honesty, authenticity, and lack of malicious intent are most important to me, I suppose. Or are we talking about other things like "murder is bad"? Anyways, I'm not sure how I determined these, they kind of just came from within. My moral values are based on my thoughts and others' views, though.
Fi so if you really are trying to bait out the INT then it would have to be INTJ, but I really don't think you come across as a genuine person

7) Well, I prefer to form strong friendships with those that aren't invasive, aren't too talkative, and spend a lot of time in their minds. I also like it when people are open-minded, imaginative, and not afraid to explore unrealistic things just for the fun of it. I like people who can healthily use and express their emotions, while still knowing when facts and logic are preferred. I like people who are sensitive to the feelings of other people, but don't lie or sugarcoat.
This is like every answer up until now you talk more like some personality test result than like an actual person who would be described as those things. Your answering style is extremely unnatural. At least in regards to the N aspect. Usually in these questionnaires these questions up until now will mostly show the judging feature with more of the end ones showing the perceiving features, but you have shoehorned N descriptions into almost all of them. Like I don't mind if at some point someone says "I'm an intellectual because this" but it is like you are really trying to force it at me at this point which makes me not believe you. You don't say "I'm really big on history, politics, and philosophy and people who enjoy lengthy discussions about them." You say more like "I'm the smart and open minded person who is smart and open minded." It's so fake.

8) I don't like people that I find boring, too energetic, or controlling. I also don't like it when people are overdependent on emotion, or are too detached from emotional sensation. I am repelled by over traditionalistic views, and I dislike it when people are resistant or critical of change. I hate conceited, arrogant, yet not self-aware attitudes.
I and funny you say you are repelled by traditionalism because I thought you had an open mind.

9) What is "new", really? As in, unfamiliar? There are lots of times - when I'm researching a subject, or travelling to a new place, or playing a new game. I just immerse myself and make it familiar for the most part.
not sure if P or J but I know you are an introvert and you are using Te and Fi in some ways. I think you are a Dunning Kruger ISTJ or an ISFP playing pretend.

10) I'm not sure what is meant by this question. I just look at whether or not they're consistent, try to see whether or not they're compatible with my views, and try to get as many other perspectives as possible. If it's a moral view, I try to see where others are coming from and compare their views to mine. I think I'm generally open-minded and rarely decisive on what I think, so I'm always willing to consider other opinions unless it is objective.
Fi

11) As in, what makes me decide or what makes me hesitant or something else? My decision-making process mostly goes through first just knowing what to do or what I want to do, then analyzing all the other possibilities, choosing the best one, working it all out, and then committing to a choice. It really depends on the decision though. For less objective or logical things, my intuition and feelings have a good say in them, but they're always checked against anything that could be objective.
Fi and Te

12)
A. Introspecting, a quiet space with a lot of time in nature, reading a book, researching an interesting subject, solving puzzles, being alone, making art, sleeping (if I'm tired).
B. Worthless surface chat, spending lots of time with many other people, high amounts of physical activity (as obvious as sleeping is energizing, I guess), boring 'productive' work.
I

13)
A. All the energizing things I listed above. And pursuing my hobbies and passions.
B. This is stressful. I'm getting tired of answering questions. I didn't realize this would be so draining. Anyways, other stressful things are when people keep telling you to do x which is harmful (for example, sleeping when you're restless or doing work when they're distracting you), as well as what is bad but inevitable.
You are such a deep thinking intuitive who just loves spending brain power on abstract thinking that 13 questions into a questionnaire you have to complain about how long it is.

14) Well it all depends. I am usually critical and challenging of authority, but I've learned not to speak up too much unless you know something can be changed. I think rigid authority is a bad system. Instead, people in power should be open-minded and willing to consider other perspectives.
This sounds like an Fi thing.

15) Order on the inside. Some chaos on the outside. My life is not orderly, but it is not chaotic. It's a bit like a river, if that makes sense. Rivers are only turbulent in some places, and in any case they still have a general direction.
couldn't really say J or P off of this

16) I analyze them. I always have a sense of what could happen and what might happen in a situation. Some things are not worth thinking about, so I let my gut decide. Also, if I'm pondering some sort of problem, I am quick to jump on a hunch and see if it works out, or what other insights it might contribute.
Fi

17) I think before speaking, but in a casual discussion with close members where I feel comfortable, I can just put my thoughts out there. Also, even if I think, it can be very hard to put my thoughts into clear and concise sentences that don't require additional clarification. I prefer one-on-one communication, generally. There's a sense of direction, it's easy to see what is interesting and what is not, and everyone is always involved.
I

18) I want to have achieved something and to have a good status, but those are just pillars that support what I really want, which is just happinness and being able to pursue my passions and interests. I think these drives are just due to my good sense of identity and being an individual, and also just a core motivating factor - in this case, things I like and want to learn more about. I suppose another thing that drives me is my thirst for knowledge, but that falls under contentment.
okay

19) I think I mainly fear being converted into someone with a lack of sense of individual, as well as having no success. Not knowing who I am and what I want. Also, not being able to do what I want. I don't know if it really manifests in anything. Less deep fears include not being respected, being ignored, dying, that kind of stuff.
Fi

20) For MBTI: I think I'm an INTP, but as stated in this discussion I might be an INTJ as well. Especially the cognitive function conflict, that's what's really bothering me. Also, there was a point in time when I got ISTP results. I've gotten INTx and INTJ on some MBTI tests. Another possibility is that I am just an INFP who likes underlying logic rationality. Hopefully someone can help.

I also want to hear about my types in other typologies. I think I'm a 5w4 541 or similar in the Enneagram, if anyone can comment on that, and hopefully someone can give me a Socionics type. Other typing theories are welcome as well.

Edit: looks like 3 lines in the original editor doesn't necessarily show up as 3 lines here. Oh well.
I think you are either ISTJ or ISFP. You are very unnatural in how you talk about intuition that it gives me the belief that you associate yourself with smart people and bait out those responses. You talk like you put open minded in all the boxes and got INTP and are just going to read off the idea of being an open minded intuitive type without actually being one. And I know this because people can burn through this test no complaints, but, you, the big brained intellectual who likes to think about abstract things super hard and introspect, tell me this stresses you out. You go out of your way to say you actively hate traditionalism which is like okay it is one thing if you are progressive or conservative, but if you are going to specifically cram open minded at me then that means you would be open minded to the fact that your progressive ideals could be wrong and that there could be answers in traditional thought, but you are extremely dismissive of it. This leads me to go down either of these two paths:

ISTJ, your Si shows as you were brought up around progressive ideals so it is what you know and the thing you want to maintain. You overestimate yourself as an N though. You talk a lot about logic and facts T over feelings but your feelings are always Fi so Si-Te-Fi-Ne.

ISFP, your Fi comes up a lot, but you come across as putting on a persona. You talk a lot about being and open-minded intellectual because you idealize that as a concept without actually embodying it.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Funtion stack doesn’t always meet expectations, and that’s ok. Don’t look for what’s more developed or what you use more but the function that makes you feel most functional when in use. You’re probably going to use your second function more and it’d be most developed in my case for example. And my Ti Is more developed in function Stack than my Ni.
If someday I get to learn And rely more on my Ni more than I rely on Ti to make up for missing information, my Ni will become much more developed.
Don’t forget we all have the 8 functions and they’re never perfectly arranged because of our personal life and surrounding. Strengthens one thing over another. The more you understand cog. Function the More you’ll notice when you’re using one more.
For example, you’ll be able to know when you’re using N to learn (use one idea to connect dots and get ahas) vs when you’re using S to learn (feed the memory, connect what you’re learning to what you already know).
We do use all these functions sometimes all at once. But the one you’re most comfortable with, the one you’re more productive and functional with without being drained and stressed out. You can be tired from using your dominant and auxiliary function but you’d not be as drained and stressed as if you use your tertiary, or fourth or shadow function. Even if these ones are stronger in the stack and more developed than the dominant and auxiliary one.

Use other personality test backup to conclude. Enneagram, bigfive as you’ve already done, 5 strengths finder is great too. MBTI is incomplete same as the rest. Don’t rely solely on MBTI.
In fact, my dissatisfaction with cognitive functions this season is what led me to further explore other theories in detail.

However, as stated in my original post, I want to see which category I fall in. For example, Fi is, according to the INTP stack, my weakest function, but it is one of my stronger ones, even stronger than Te.

Reactions: witty

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think you read descriptions of INTP or something and are now putting them at me as opposed to being this as a person naturally
I am described like that by my peers. It's not a guess or anything.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This is like every answer up until now you talk more like some personality test result than like an actual person who would be described as those things. Your answering style is extremely unnatural. At least in regards to the N aspect. Usually in these questionnaires these questions up until now will mostly show the judging feature with more of the end ones showing the perceiving features, but you have shoehorned N descriptions into almost all of them. Like I don't mind if at some point someone says "I'm an intellectual because this" but it is like you are really trying to force it at me at this point which makes me not believe you. You don't say "I'm really big on history, politics, and philosophy and people who enjoy lengthy discussions about them." You say more like "I'm the smart and open minded person who is smart and open minded." It's so fake.
I'm not going to reveal my life story on a personality forum or anything. Additionally, I set a length limit so I had to simplify and contract things.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You are such a deep thinking intuitive who just loves spending brain power on abstract thinking that 13 questions into a questionnaire you have to complain about how long it is.
No one is always in the mood to put a security filter over who they are, then submit it on the internet to some strangers.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ISTJ, your Si shows as you were brought up around progressive ideals so it is what you know and the thing you want to maintain. You overestimate yourself as an N though. You talk a lot about logic and facts T over feelings but your feelings are always Fi so Si-Te-Fi-Ne.

ISFP, your Fi comes up a lot, but you come across as putting on a persona. You talk a lot about being and open-minded intellectual because you idealize that as a concept without actually embodying it.
Interesting, thanks for the response. I find it interesting that I have clashes with the xSxJs I know. ISFP might work. I'll try to research and come to a conclusion.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts