Personality Cafe banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Infj
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I was wondering if it's more likely that Intuitives will not conform to society than Sensors. Thus creating more intuitive leaders than Sensors.
Is there any theory that sensors are more likely to conform than Intuitives? Is there any information out there on something like this? :)

What do you do that makes you work to your own drum? :crazy:

What do you do that makes you follow the crowd?:cool:

:ninja:

·
Registered
366 Posts
I think it has more to do with the fact that there are far more sensors than intuitives, so it merely appears to us that they're all conforming to one another, when in reality they're just being themselves. At least it seems that way to me. Besides, that's just a generalization. I know plenty of sensors with good leadership skills.

What do you do that makes you work to your own drum?
I listen to my own thoughts and trust them. That is to say I'm not easily influenced.

What do you do that makes you follow the crowd?
Umm... I dress nicely, wear make-up, and have a stupid twitter account.

·
Registered
Infj
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your response :D
Well I figure it's okay to be generalize here considering MBTI does generalize too XP
but it was just some random question I thought about.
thanks! :)

·
Banned
649 Posts
Our society has a lot more sensors than intuitives, but that doesn't mean that intuitives are less likely to conform to society unless the demands placed from society are that which a sensor can handle, but an intuitive can't.
I like to beat to my own drum and tend not to conform or copy what others are doing, but I don't think this preference comes from me having a strong Ne function.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
I seem to know a lot of conformist Ne doms. I doubt this is type-related, although I wonder if there is any correlation between conformity and Ne over Ni...it might correspond to how much rarer Ni doms/auxes are than Ne doms/auxes at it's most significant.

Reactions: ImminentThunder

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I don't ever intend to conform to anything. It happens sometimes, but there are only two reasons for that ever:

1) Societies ideals happen to coincide with mine at that particular moment in time.
2) I want something and conforming momentarily is part of my plan to get it.

I'm always really just doing my own thing ... it's just that sometimes other people are doing my thing also.

Reactions: donkeybals

·
Registered
364 Posts
I think all types conform but with different reasons. Like mentioned above, when I have to get something done, I have no other way than play the stereotype as that makes things easy and I don't get noticed with unwanted attention. Earlier, just being me attracted a lot of attention which I didn't like and people were after me to 'fix' me or ridicule me. So conformity is a good tool to use in such cases.

For sensors I think it is more of a way of life. They have no other way than to conform because they hardly have anything 'really' different or original to offer. SPs tend to break conformity in some cases with something new, but in most cases they end up conforming to non conformity.

·
Banned
5,780 Posts
If doing what I wanted included rhythmically assaulting people, then yes.

I didn't think 'work to my own drum' sounded right or made any sense so I changed it to 'beat to my own drum'. Same meaning
The saying goes "marching to the beat of <posessive> own drum." I found what you said funny because in the abstract, metaphorical sense, "beat" is ambiguous in your prose, but concretely, it presents an absurd image of you actually beating someone or something rhythmically to the beat of some percussive instrument.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Sensors get energy from the inner connection between the hoard. There is a special energy that vibrates in the world of the sensor but I see it as closed loop process especially with xSFx types. ST types have been known to be leaders (George Bush ;-)...)

Intuitive leaders seem to be the agents of change... that is they see the future trend and need for change based on some need for rebalancing. As a high iNuitive I can see the future based on a variance to the constant of the balance of existence. That is, current state of things abound are moderated by the opposite of the reflective. What goes up, must comes down. Heart beat, pulse of light, etc, etc into the infinite loop of reality.

The beat of my drum is the balance...
to make a beat out of life...
that rolling pulse...
that energy...

boom...
boom...
boom...

BAM!

Ego says
"...they'll hear my drum beat."

Actualized self says
"... it doesn't matter if they hear my drum... we all beat with the same heart"

Reactions: donkeybals

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Yes, I beat my own _______ (use your imagination) ;)

Hmm. Just because you are conforming, doesn't necessarily make you a great leader. Some of the best leaders, are always willing to conform, and always willing to follow........

I do, however, notice, that intuitives are good at beating things (get it?) including their own drums.

That said,

Are intuitives less conforming than sensors? Yes obviously.

Are sensors better at following rules and regulations? Yes obviously.

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
My question is: Why do you have to go to the beat of your own drum? Thoughts made by people older, more experienced, and probably more capable than you are more valuable in the experienced area than your own ignorant 'thoughts'. Does going to the beat of your own drum just for the sake of doing so really sound like that good of an idea?

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts