Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just had an INFJ eye gaze the hell out of me.. it felt like forever but so quick at the same time. And I was so caught off guard that I just *let* it happen and felt myself flushing .. and quieting .. and afterward - we were around each other for only like 3 minutes - I walked away feeling so weird! I was confusingly smiling to myself, like wtf just happened? haha.. It was the first time that happened and I just wanted to uh..share after thinking about it again just now. It was such a strange brief experience.. :frustrating::tongue:

How did you guys feel when you first shared eye contact with another INFJ (if you've had)? Especially if you're merely on acquaintance level? To those who have a close INFJ in their life, how is it like to look at/with them?

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
It depends on who's the "dominant" INFJ. By that I mean whoever's in charge (unspoken), then they just pierce through my soul. Otherwise, if I'm like, "yeah, I'm the dominant" then I do it to them.

For example, my coach (who I'm absolutely sure is an INFJ) in high school, if he ever took his glasses off (hardly ever) then sweet Jesus. I mean, the stare with the glasses was intimidating enough.

On the other hand there was another INFJ I met my age in this program, and when we had eye contact it was either confusing or eerily synchronous. It was confusing when I felt he was trying to read me, but couldn't quite get it. It was eerily synchronous moreso when I knew exactly what he was thinking at times.

I don't have any close INFJs in my life, though, so I can't say there.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have that same issue, with my glasses on, its not too bad. When I take them off though my gaze makes people uncomfortable. I have never knowingly gazed for a long time into an INFJ. I have had the same reaction with other types, and it is powerful. My best friend who is an INFP has connected with it on the level where something like a mild mind meld has gone on between us. I can only imagine how it would be INFJ to INFJ. Probably a lot like the passage in Return of the Kings the book where Gandalf and Galadriel and Elrond just look at each other and have an entire conversation!

·
Banned
77 Posts
The few times it's happened to me, it's been really intense. The vast majority of people don't maintain eye contact with acquaintances, and of those who do, not many are INFJs. It's weird but when it happens to me it's like I can't break eye contact because something's different. The way I see it, it enters into a kind of reverb effect. I like it but at the same time I have no idea what to think. It's like there's a powerful connection sustained by them seeing you seeing them seeing you seeing them...

Reactions: olorin77
1 - 4 of 4 Posts