Personality Cafe banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to find out what type I really am. I first took a test at 16personalities which gave me INTP two times over, with a few days between the tests.
I read the description, and it was a lot like me. I looked further and stumbled upon a guy on Youtube, Tomacity(Rast) (can't link him yet), and I thought it was me talking about my life over there. There's this one episode where he talks about forgetting all the time to fix his car insurances, got into an accident, can barely pay it and now drives a bike. I always postponed calling to the garage to fix small problems, they got larger, now I can't pay the repairs (not economical) and I'm driving a bike.

A few things set me off though; INTPs are caricatured as beings without any touch for feelings, and it might be true that I can't handle that part all that well, I am however able to sum up people at the spot, recognize what they're feeling and how I should respond. I need to see & hear the complete set of body language and voice intonation to do that, but it's not hard if I can.
I also like to be with a few people at the same moment, and can be enthusiastic and very extravert when I'm with them. However, I don't like crowds or family parties, they can be very energy draining to me. I have no problem with this online, but I guess that's just the mindset of "me vs the internet", where you can zoom in & out of people at wish. I can only endure up to 3-5 people at the same time.
I have another contradiction: I'm very anxious when I need to ask people to get something done, calling to a helpdesk would be a prime example. However, when I just want to meet new people, because we share similar interests, I can be very open and like a person from the very beginning. Might seem a bit naive there ^^" Some get intimidated by that, and it's something I need to work on.
They're also seen as pure logical beings, while I love to travel to fantasy worlds in books, movies, series & games and figure out what's the mechanics behind it. I wouldn't ditch it as illogical, the best worlds are the most logical, in their own way :th_sur:

I guess I'll just post some questionnaires and test results here, see what you guys can make out of it :) All these test results aren't very different, but are still inconclusive.
Beware, it's a serious long list :th_sur: I like filling out tests ^^" Learns me a lot about myself just by filling them in. Putting them into forum-approved tables was a tedious job, but I'm too much of a newb to post screenshots, and I just can't wait for this one :th_o: I hope this doesn't overwhelm everybody.
I'd like to know my real MBTI, and if possible, my real enneagram and socionics so I can complete my profile here :)

16personalities.com:

Personality: INTP ("The Logician")
Variant: Turbulent
Role: Analyst
Extraverted39%Introverted
Intuitive25%Observant
Thinking11%Feeling
Judging65%Prospecting
Assertive37%Turbulent

Cognitivequiz.com:

Most Likely: INTP
or Second Possibility: ENTP
or Third Possibility: INTJ

Introverted Thinking (Ti) |||||||||||||||||||| 9.22
Extroverted Intuition (Ne)|||||||||||||||||| 8.42
Introverted Intuition (Ni)||||||||||||||||| 7.925
Extroverted Thinking (Te) |||||||||||||||| 7.01
Extroverted Feeling (Fe)||||||||||||||| 6.98
Introverted Feeling (Fi)||||||||||||||| 6.71
Introverted Sensation (Si)|||||||||||| 5
Extroverted Sensation (Se)||||||||| 3.8

Keys2cognition.com:

Most Likely: ENTP
or Second Possibility: INTP
or Third Possibility: ENFP

extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************** (26.3)average use
introverted Sensing (Si)************************ (24)limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne)******************************************* (43.3)excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni)**************************** (28.1)average use
extraverted Thinking (Te)******************* (19.8)limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) *********************************** (35.3)good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *********************************** (35.3)good use
introverted Feeling (Fi)**************************** (28.3)average use

Enneagramquiz.com:

Core type: 2w3
Second type: 7w6
Third type: 9w1

Eclecticenergies.com #1:

Type 4 - 11
Type 9 - 11
Type 6 - 10.7
Type 7 - 10
Type 2 - 10
Type 5 - 7.3
Type 3 - 5.7
Type 8 - 4.7
Type 1 - 3.3

Wing 6w7 - 15.7
Wing 7w6 - 15.4
Wing 4w5 - 14.7
Wing 6w5 - 14.4
Wing 4w3 - 13.9
Wing 9w8 - 13.4
Wing 2w3 - 12.9
Wing 5w4 - 12.8
Wing 9w1 - 12.7
Wing 5w6 - 12.7
Wing 7w8 - 12.4
Wing 2w1 - 11.7
Wing 3w4 - 11.2
Wing 3w2 - 10.7
Wing 8w9 - 10.2
Wing 8w7 - 9.7
Wing 1w9 - 8.8
Wing 1w2 - 8.3

Eclecticenergies.com #2:

Most likely: 7w6
Type 7 SX
Type 2 SP
Type 6 SX
Type 4 SX
Type 9 SX
Type 3 SO
Type 8 SO
Type 1 SP
Type 5 SO

Sociotype.com extended:

Your Sociotype: LII-2Ne (INTj)
Other Possible Types
ILE (ENTp): 87% as likely as LII.
EII (INFj): 66% as likely as LII.
IEE (ENFp): 53% as likely as LII.

Similarminds.com Big5 Word test:

Extroversion|||||||||||| 46%
Accommodation|||||||||||||||| 70%
Orderliness|||||| 26%
Emotional Stability|||||||||||| 48%
Inquisitiveness|||||||||||||||| 70%

Similarminds.com Big45 test:

Gregariousness||||||||||||||| 46%
Sociability|||||||||||||||||||||||||||| 82%
Assertiveness|||||||||||| 34%
Poise||||||||||||||||||||| 62%
Leadership||||||||||||||| 50%
Provocativeness|||||||||||||||||| 54%
Self-Disclosure|||||||||||||||||||||||| 74%
Talkativeness||||||||||||||||||||| 66%
Group Attachment||||||||| 30%
Extroversion|||||||||||||||||| 55%
Understanding|||||||||||||||||||||||| 78%
Warmth||||||||||||||||||||| 62%
Morality||||||||||||||| 46%
Pleasantness|||||||||||||||||||||||||||| 86%
Empathy||||||||||||||||||||| 70%
Cooperation|||||||||||||||||| 58%
Sympathy|||||||||||||||||||||||| 78%
Tenderness||||||||||||||| 50%
Nurturance||||||||||||||||||||| 70%
Accommodation||||||||||||||||||||| 66%
Conscientiousness|||||||||||| 34%
Efficiency||||||||| 26%
Dutifulness|||||||||||| 38%
Purposefulness||||||||| 22%
Organization|||||||||||| 34%
Cautiousness||||||||| 30%
Rationality||||||||||||||||||||| 66%
Perfectionism||||||||||||||| 46%
Planning||||||||| 22%
Orderliness|||||||||||| 35%
Stability|||||||||||| 38%
Happiness||||||||||||||| 42%
Calmness||||||||||||||||||||| 62%
Moderation||||||||||||||| 46%
Toughness||||||||||||||| 50%
Impulse Control||||||||||||||| 46%
Imperturbability|||||||||||| 34%
Cool-headedness||||||||||||||||||||| 62%
Tranquility|||||||||||||||||| 58%
Emotional Stability||||||||||||||| 48%
Intellect||||||||||||||||||||| 62%
Ingenuity|||||||||||||||||||||||| 74%
Reflection|||||||||||||||||||||||| 78%
Competence|||||||||||||||||| 58%
Quickness||||||||||||||||||||| 70%
Introspection||||||||||||||||||||| 70%
Creativity|||||||||||||||||||||||| 78%
Imagination||||||||||||||||||||| 62%
Depth|||||||||||||||||||||||||||| 82%
Openmindedness||||||||||||||||||||| 70%

Questionnaire by Herp:

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
See the intro :)

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
Though question, I do not yearn for much material stuff, although I can be overimpulsive when buying stuff (mostly online). But I yearn for experiences though, wisdom. I can be intrigued by how people think, how the world & the universe (or was it multiverse?) works, by the smallest & the largest things.
A yearning for knowledge might be a good answer to this question. But I haven't set a real goal in life yet.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
It's pretty simple, every time I can help someone with knowing what I know. I'd love for this to happen more, but I don't stick around with topics long enough to master it.
The last year, I've been a lot into Bitcoins (more like altcoins, yes alternatives to the alternative to our banking system!). It's a rough online scene, filled with scammers and egotrippers. But there's also a serious community with loads of great people. Helping them out by opensourcing tools and programs I write is something I really like to do, it gives me real pleasure when people thank me. Just have to finish them projects first...

4) What makes you feel inferior?
When people patronize me. I understand a lot just by glancing at it. I prefer not to hear my own ramblings in my head again ^^"

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
Indecisiveness & procrastination. I want to give a chance to any opportunity to come by or to let it develop itself first. A good example is my car again: I just want to sell it off as it is, at a much lower price. A friend wants to fix it on his budget, sell it off and share a higher profit. I want to give him the opportunity, but he's been slow about it. I'm hoping for a magic plan C to appear now.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
The journey is more important than the end ;) I always have an idea of how it should look like, but it never looks like that. I'm always thinking of new things to solve every small step to do it.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
Being with friends on a music festival/other camping. Might be cheesy, but just being out there, with nothing attached, other than yourself and your friends, it's awesome. Can't do it for long, FOMO creeps up on me when I'm out in the wild :kitteh:

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
I jump right in. I like to pierce through to the core, learn what's interesting there. Then quickly expand my view upon the real applications, but try to learn more about the core fundamentals by looking how it's used.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
Not. At. All. I tried to-do lists, flowcharts, inventories, chalkboard, even gddmn MSPaint for sketches. Meh, I'm a lost case there, I can't keep stuff together and organized. The internet has been great to me though, it's already a constant flow of information which I can browse through at the pace of my mind.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I like to accept every new idea as valid at first. Some ideas have huge flaws from the beginning, so I don't care about those exceptions. However, if it might seem to work, I will continue to investigate it.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
That doesn't need to be contradictory. I think I fit into the groups of people I'm with, and they accept me as I am. I don't see any reason why I should give up my values for the sake of the well being of someone else.
On the other hand, I am already very caring towards others. It might not always come out in the right way, I can be a bit direct, according to some, but I do want other people to be happy, for real. I'd give them solutions for their problems, rather than just a listening ear.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
My dad always told me that I had to spin my tongue around 7 times before I talked. That took too long, so imaginary spins do the trick to me ^^" 1-2-7. As I said before, I can be direct, but I do like to formulate it in such a way it does the least damage. When people are being rude to me, I don't care.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I'll only jump into something when I already feel comfortable with the thing at hand. Words, thoughts, that whole process is more important to me, even if it's counterproductive.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
We're not in the '90s anymore :D Just record it on the STB and watch it later, I guess. I don't like to watch primetime at all actually. I like to watch series and movies on my own.
But if the question is more like: "Something exciting that needs to be seen/done live vs friends", I'd go for the first. They'll understand ^^"

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
a) Low level, close into myself and just continue on. I pretend like it doesn't hurt me, but it does.
b) High level, I get all f*ck*d up, wanting to punch the first inanimate object I see. After I did that, it mostly clears up a lot and I'm back at a.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
The inability to see the world around them, as if they're the only one around. They may look like the most productive people at first, but in my opinion, they're the ones that make our species an invasive one.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
Everything :D I can be very fascinated myself when other people are enthusiastic about things themselves. I don't always show this at first, because I'm busy exploring the things in my mind.
Otherwise, I talk about anything that pops up in my head, I like to drift off in arguments with people to territories even I haven't tread before.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
My life? Lol, that's a depressive thought, but I'm more interested in what's out there than what's in me. If I have to think about me, it's in 3rd person mode. If I have to point it out a bit more, I can't seem to get a hold of time passing by. I'm always up thinking about stuff, researching stuff, that I forget to call to the garage, get a dental appointment (need to get one fixed for real :( ), follow regular deadlines, ..

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
Someone who likes to be all alone, and this is not completely false. However, I do like the attention of the 5-10 (intensity varies ofc) friends I have, but not all at once as they seem to like it. When I go out with people, I like to have their full attention.
I might also come off as someone without care at all. I do care, actually a lot, I do not always act on it though.

They would never say I'm without imagination, without curiosity. They know all about the stuff I'm in to, I keep them well up-to-date.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Programming, chatting, watching movies & series, filling out all these damn tests :D

If you've made it through this all, I'm glad already :D I'm open for any new questions, so shoot (if needed).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
It might be, I like to be around them a lot, I do have idealistic traits, can fantasize about utopias (and dystopias alike) but I know that those ideals will never be met, and can change my values accordingly.

I do however like to balance on the F/T edge, but I think I'm more of a T who managed to fit F into the worldview. I'm new to this MBTI'ng, so that might be impossible. Feel free to convince me otherwise :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bump for the sake of bump :D

Also, I've been looking on how my functions stack, and it looks a lot like ENTP. I however do not recognize myself in the people that are ENTP, more those that are INTP. Is this a misconception, a random twist because we are similar?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No real answers, OK ;) This makes me feel like I'm a real exception here. I possess introvert and extrovert traits, I balance on the T/F edge. Of N & P I'm sure, the others, meh.

I don't have a classic type, or at least not possible to determine over the internet. Thanks anyone who dared to look into this ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
You are probably an INTP. Your results seem similar to mine ( but I get low on accommodating or F in general). I think stereotypes don't completely fit you but they re not supposed to. Each INTP has grown up in a different environment which has a huge impact on how you get to develop your functions. ( However the functions remain the same)
My family is full of ESFXs so one way or another I had to develop my Fe and understand Fi. That doesn't make you a feeler but an INTP with developed Fe. But you could possibly be an ENTP as they are seen as almost ambiverts together with ENFPs.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
ENFP, ENFP, ENFP, ENFP!
I skipped that one because I was sure I was an INTP at first. I didn't feel myself like a typical artistic F, but when I'm programming, I feel like it's art. I can look at code and just love how it's written. I thought it was just a feeling a T could get, but taking a further look into this, makes me think I'm really an ENFP. Childlike but serious, would be a great description for me.

Thanks a lot for this, I'm out for more research & reading!

EDIT: Yep, I've been reading into the ENFP forums here, and they seem a lot more like me. Skip the plain arts, add in technology & that's me :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts