Personality Cafe banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Righto, I know I'm an INTX its moving on from there that's an issue, I'd assume the majority of you will have seen at least one or two posts by me in the past? Hopefully none of the ones where I'm being a right shit.

I was essentially thinking you guys get a fairly uncensored version of me... So let the no holds bared typing begin!

I'll answer questions and that obviously... Thanks for you time reading/replying to this if you do. Thanks.

·
QUEEN PEEN
9,303 Posts
From what I remember of you, Ti dominant is more suiting than Ni dominant. I really can't make much of an educated guess since I can't recall much about you, but my guess would be INTP. Are you willing to fill out the questionnaire so people can get a better idea of what you're like?

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I remember of you, Ti dominant is more suiting than Ni dominant. I really can't make much of an educated guess since I can't recall much about you, but my guess would be INTP. Are you willing to fill out the questionnaire so people can get a better idea of what you're like?
Yeah of course, slight issue where do I go to find this questionnaire? (I'm lazy/hung over I'm afraid)

·
QUEEN PEEN
9,303 Posts
Yeah of course, slight issue where do I go to find this questionnaire? (I'm lazy/hung over I'm afraid)
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

Unsure of my P/J dichotomy, I'm fond of lists, order and deadlines, hate being late for things and cannot stand it when I'm disorganized. (Shame that's all of the time) I have a strong need to know what's going on in the future, plans and counter plans are key to my social survival, now whether that is down to anxiety issues it remains to be seen I suppose.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

What do I yearn for in life? To find truth, to know all that I can possibly know and be able to die knowing that I'm not going to be forgotten, essentially what everyone else wants.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

I don't know, its hard to tell when it comes to how I feel with something, I'm not saying I'm a cold person or that I'm not emotional, just that I have a great deal of trouble understanding and categorizing my feelings... But I'd probably say when I got the highest mark in my university at a particular test on logic.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

Not being able to grasp a concept as quickly as others, when I cannot intellectually compete with someone on a certain topic, these make me feel inferior.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

Pro's and cons, who it will effect, and how they will respond to such an effect. Mainly whether or not the action is rational, if I cannot see a reason to do it I will not do it.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

The outcome is important, but if I control the outcome I'm being too strict on the project. It's like having a child and trying to rear it to be a doctor, yes you could end up with a doctor at the end of the day, but you've been too smothering, what if the child could have become a physicist? Too much control is bad.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

When I was about to go out with a group of friends to a house party, when my girlfriend said she wanted to chat with me, we spent seven hours together and never went to the party just talking about things. My memory of it is relatively hazy, but I do remember it being a great time and knowing that this is a woman that I can say I'm happy with.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

Theorize, and attempt to fit it into a system and see if it fits, if it doesn't fit then it needs to be dismantled and completely understood to see if the system is at fault or if the new concept is. Chances are its the system.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

In my head, I'd say I'm very organized, I know what I want/need to do, but externally I'm a shambles.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

Principles behind it to see if it makes sense, I can find tonnes of information on Scientology that will support its claims, still doesn't mean its true.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

I find harmony knowing that I am right. I like the idea of knowing that other people are happy, being myself is difficult, I don't know who I am ultimately so how can I be myself?

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I prefer one on one, ideas bounce around faster than groups since you only ever have on other persons queries rather than say four peoples issues. And I think before speaking most of the time, its important to frame what I plan to say, however I can speak before thinking but then it sounds inane.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

Actions are important, as are words mind I'd say its a 60/40 split but simply doing a good thing without thinking a good thing isn't a good thing, its just you knowing what to do and doing it without any real thought, monkeys can do that... I like to know where I'm jumping, and then preferably construct a ladder so I can get down without jumping.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

Go out, I'll tape the show and watch it another time, chances are I'll be home in about 3 hours time when I get intolerably bored of them.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

I get very antsy with people and start compulsively cleaning. I get very emotional as well, and can say some very hurtful things to my friends which I don't mean or want to do.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

How they try to inflict themselves upon me, if they have an idea that's contrary to mine but they don't want to debate, they want to browbeat me into submission. I despise the emotionally manipulative, feelings are complex enough, we don't need people like you coming along and screwing it up for the rest of us.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

Philosophy, cinema, football, any sport, science; preferably evolutionary biology or theoretical physics.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life

My health, if my girlfriend didn't check up on me now and then I don't think I'd eat at all. Money as well, these things hold little interest for me.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

They'd never say that I'm an emotional person, they'd praise my knowledge, intelligence and wit. They ignore the fact that I try and act as morally as I can, more so than some of them.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

Reading... Duh.

·
MOTM Nov 2012
3,867 Posts
Why are you looking at the dichotomies not JCF?

You sound Ti, not Ni.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Step 1. Clear your mind of all prejudice and stereotypes and only focus on what is truly you, this is the most important step
Step 2. Which of these question sets is most useful to you when processing new information?
1.What is really happening? What are the facts of the situation? What can I do with this now?
2.What have I already learned that I can build on? What resources and materials are available? What practical use does this have?
3.What inferences can I make? What meanings am I perceiving? What hypotheses can I generate?
4.What are the implications for the future? What are the concepts? What is the greater purpose?

Reactions: Emerson

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Step 1. Clear your mind of all prejudice and stereotypes and only focus on what is truly you, this is the most important step
Step 2. Which of these question sets is most useful to you when processing new information?
1.What is really happening? What are the facts of the situation? What can I do with this now?
2.What have I already learned that I can build on? What resources and materials are available? What practical use does this have?
3.What inferences can I make? What meanings am I perceiving? What hypotheses can I generate?
4.What are the implications for the future? What are the concepts? What is the greater purpose?
Apologies for slow reply, had my girlfriend up so didn't go on the computer.

And I'll say 4, along with 2. I like to be able to apply my knowledge in some way or another, rather than simply have it. Mostly though when I learn a new concept or see a particular pattern I cannot really rest until I've sorted it out and worked out where it should go. This is similar with everything that I do.

I have to have closure on things, like I'll use a current example: I'm going to London by myself, now I have no idea what to expect while in London so what I've done is plan out my journey out and work out various other solutions if certain tube lines aren't working.

I don't know how helpful this is, feedback would be enjoyed, thanks.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Well you are definitely a judging personality and not a perceiving personality, that much is certain, from what i've gained from your responses.

Step 3 (same as step 2, just different options):
1.How is this situation structured and organized? What logic and criteria apply? How can I break something down into its component parts and organize, arrange, and coordinate it for more efficient results?

2.Whose needs do I need to consider? What is important to these people? What is appropriate in this situation? What is good for the group?

and finally step 4:
Pick the one that is most like your way of thinking:

1.List all the uses you can think of for a shoe.
Generate meanings for a nutshell
List all the resources available for your next project
Make as many sentences as you can using all of the following words: candle, hope, tissue, egg.

2.Which shoe idea is the most novel?
Rank your meanings of the nutshell from the most personally meaningful to the least
Select the resources that are most challenging to maintain

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well you are definitely a judging personality and not a perceiving personality, that much is certain, from what i've gained from your responses.

Step 3 (same as step 2, just different options):
1.How is this situation structured and organized? What logic and criteria apply? How can I break something down into its component parts and organize, arrange, and coordinate it for more efficient results?

2.Whose needs do I need to consider? What is important to these people? What is appropriate in this situation? What is good for the group?

and finally step 4:
Pick the one that is most like your way of thinking:

1.List all the uses you can think of for a shoe.
Generate meanings for a nutshell
List all the resources available for your next project
Make as many sentences as you can using all of the following words: candle, hope, tissue, egg.

2.Which shoe idea is the most novel?
Rank your meanings of the nutshell from the most personally meaningful to the least
Select the resources that are most challenging to maintain
Righto:

Step 3.
That's rather difficult to get the dichotomy I'd say 1.3. In that if I'm attempting to organize a group one has to organize it a way that makes the group as effective as everyone, but you have to take into account the way that people may behave with one another, from actually thinking that out I've realised that if two members of a team get on then they wouldn't get on then the efficiency and effectiveness of the group would indeed be compromised. So I'll revise the 1.3 to a 1.2.

And on step 4 (I really like the way you've put this into steps, is much easier to break down and understand) I'd say on this one most solidly 1.

Hope this was helpful.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Righto:

Step 3.
That's rather difficult to get the dichotomy I'd say 1.3. In that if I'm attempting to organize a group one has to organize it a way that makes the group as effective as everyone, but you have to take into account the way that people may behave with one another, from actually thinking that out I've realised that if two members of a team get on then they wouldn't get on then the efficiency and effectiveness of the group would indeed be compromised. So I'll revise the 1.3 to a 1.2.

And on step 4 (I really like the way you've put this into steps, is much easier to break down and understand) I'd say on this one most solidly 1.

Hope this was helpful.
I was a bit confused with the 1.2 and 1.3 but you chose option 1 for step 3, right? If so, with what you have provided, I would say you are INTJ>ISTJ>INFJ. Do any of those sound like you?

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was a bit confused with the 1.2 and 1.3 but you chose option 1 for step 3, right? If so, with what you have provided, I would say you are INTJ>ISTJ>INFJ
Sorry about that, just realised that I wasn't being clear with what I meant: Essentially I was looking at 1~2 as a sliding scale so I was placing myself somewhere between the two of them, thanks very much for your help.

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
I have struggled with this all along. I ruled out entj, but couldn't decide which NT I was. The cognitive functions didn't help me much, for the same reason I have seen them not help others much. I identify strongly with Ni and Ti above all in mbti -- however Fi over Fe as well, taking out the option of stp, or nfj. I studied the functions for quite some time, trying to reconcile this, and I ran into many who had the same issue. That model of cognitive functions simply does not fit me. The socionics cognitive functions however made perfect sense. I think that they are crafted in a more substantive way, better defining traits that actually exist, and reasonably arranging them to illustrate the tendencies to have particular ones in conjunction and order.

Some of the functions in socionics somewhat illuminate the same traits as those in mbti, but they don't translate over completely. Te and Ti are different, and I discovered that I have Te not Ti. The Ni, and Fi were accurate cross-system (And I do think that the intuitive functions are vaguely similar cross-system), and the S functions which were completely lost on me in mbti made actual sense in socionics, and Se was in fact my sensing function. So here I had a set to work with. The gamma quadra nailed me (the quadra that contains Ni Fi Se Te in whatever order for each of the 4 types).

I'm not trying to sell you on socionics here, but rather sharing my personal experience with a similar struggle to your own.

Furthermore, at some point after solving this mystery, I decided that it doesn't matter. In socionics, you see that there is less stereotypical nonsense of intuitives being brilliant and sensors being dim. All types use both sensing and intuition, just one more than the other more frequently -- but can do both situationally. There are no directives on "what career is best for my type" etc., because anyone can be an engineer, or a home-maker, of any type.

Anyway, good luck in your quest.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.