Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After reading in to the cognitive functions, I've determined that ISTP might not necessarily fit me. The description fits pretty well(ESTP's description fits even better), but the cognitive functions seem a little off. Ti would definitely be in my top two cognitive functions along with Se. Determining priority is the biggest issue.

Would somebody please run me through a rough ESTP vs. ISTP course? Differences, key traits etc. Also, how would depression affect these two types?

Edit: Made a discovery, re-wording question.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Both are pretty similar types I think.

Two important things to consider in the introversion and extroversion decision is that extroverts are more interested in what's going on with the world outside of them whereas introverts like turning inward and try to identify with their subjective ideal. Introverts also get their energy from within whereas with extroverts, they get it from other people. If you find small talk difficult overtime or you find yourself getting drained through prolonged socialization, you are most likely an introvert.

Depression have an effect on a lot of this. A lot of people have mistaken themselves as introverts because they were in some low point in their life.

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
This is actually the same dilemma I am having right now, except substitute types with ISFP vs ESFP.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts