Votes: 6 22.2%
  • other

Votes: 5 18.5%
1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
WARNING: REALLY REALLY BAD GRAMMAR AND PUNCTUATION AHEAD.
i do whatever i feel like.

hi im new here~ uhh hello! :D finally decided to make an account to resolve this issue. (i dont trust my own opinions) And although the INTP function order makes more sense to me, i feel most intps on the forums are too logical for me, and have interests in more scientific fields.. whereas im a sociology and cultural studies student. (with a spare unit in astronomy haha)
well, in tests i get an "F" 60% of the time but i dont actually care about other people that much? its more like i understand that if im not outwardly sensitive to their feelings, they will attack me in the future. besides, i find infps in the forums too emotional and personal. i care more about improving the structure of society than individual feelings.

anywho! heres my "what's my type form". heaps of gratitude for whoever came up with this

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
the feeling/thinking part. and whether im a Ti user or an Fi posing as a Ti.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
to understand the interconnectedness of the world by absorbing culture, nature, societal structures, and processing it in deep thought; because im fearful that there is no afterlife, so i kind of have to understand everything in this world.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
when i found electronica, experimental glitch music. it made me feel free from predictable formulated "pop music" and other genres like trance and electro. the glitch just felt so real because it was imperfect and random like the way i see life. i like experimentation in general because it has no boundaries, and in that way its more natural i guess? lol you can tell i dont like rules much.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
im really awkward haha. when im alone, i feel awesome. but when im around people physically, i feel disconnected and kind of lost. and i feel like im not good enough for them because i usually dont follow their chain of thought. i dont get their jokes and confidence either.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
1. what is more fun for me
2. the results
3. will people be unhappy with my decision to the extent that they will be uncooperative in the future.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
LETS SEE WHAT HAPPENS :D

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
being super hyper with friends, but having really contemplative discussions afterwards as well.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
LOL NEVER MEMORISE EVER. ill remember it eventually if i think about how it works and understand the process. that way, i wont even have to put in effort. hands on really depends on the situation. i think i experience things to analyse them later in the right conditions.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
my rooms pretty messy, but thats cause most of the stuff isnt mine so i refuse to take responsibility for those items (which happen to be the majority). plus my parents are pretty invasive so im kind of protesting for more privacy with the messiness of my room. i really like categorising things though. so if i had my room the way i wanted, it would be mostly organised. if i was busy with uni though, id probably put everything back in place at the end of every week.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
i look for information that supports it.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
lol screw other people. there are worse things in life than not belonging.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
i enjoy 1 on 1 discussions as long as i dont have to look at the person directly in eyes for too long. and discussions with up to 4 other people are pretty fun too ;) im pretty even on the speaking/thinking thing though... half the time i have random bursts of energy where i speak before i think. but then i usually regret it afterwards because i find tonnes of flaws in what i said.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
you kind of need both. sorry im unsure about this one too.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
night out! friends! i spend most of my time researching random stuff that takes my interest. i need a life.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
in social situations, i cover my eyes, disappear somewhere and pretend its not happening. but if its a crisis that needs to be solved i come up with some brilliant idea and save everyone's arse.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
they're really inconsiderate. and their sense of self entitlement. they dont seem to understand that sometimes we cant get what we want.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
societal constructs and its cyclical nature. as you've probably picked up already.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life?
feeding myself, showering during the holidays (when no one can see how disgusting my hair is), not walking into a pole while daydreaming. other things like that. everyday i leave the house, i usually forget one item like my phone or a textbook.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
depends which friends.. some of them think im funny. the ones who know me really well think im pretty fucked up haha. others think im miserable and insensitive. oh and im loud when im really enthusiastic about something.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
sit in bed, stare out the window and read. maybe take a few walks through the city or some parks. buy whatever i want. walk barefoot on the street in my pyjamas.

-EDIT-
i also hate how alot of people make a big scene out of most issues. its really stupid and creates unnecessary stress.

and i misread this too:

"
11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?"
I kind of find harmony by doing whatever comes to mind. or get a boyfriend who can put up with someone as self centred as me.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I can't really go into the functions stuff as I don't know t all that well.

What I can say is I'm an INTP and none of the above seemed inconsistent with my personal approach (or jarred too strongly with what I can see yself doing or enjoying).

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
can other people type me as well please? i need confirmation from more sources..

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
What you can do is this.
Go and talk to a friend or family member and listen to yourself talking.
listen if you make a lot of pauses and slow down to think and analyze, this is a "Ti" thing. personally I just talk and talk and realize that I said something wrong so I go back and talk and stumble and you get the point.

when it comes to more physical things then my INTP friend never smiles and if he does it is really short... I smile A LOT.

This video helped me, might help you also if you listen to what he says about the functions and look at INFP only.

This is also a good site, look at the INFP stuff: INFJ or INFP? a closer look

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for that vid. (im subscribed to that guy too :D back when i thought i was an enxp though haha) it cleared some things up for me. im definately using Ti, Si, and Ne. But I seem to be using both Fe and Fi as well? I have pretty dead eyes. you cant see much emotion from them so isnt that more of an Fi thing? also, i only seem to show any passion when others are showing it as well. I absorb their energy i guess. Doesn't that mean Fe?

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
I have pretty dead eyes. you cant see much emotion from them so isnt that more of an Fi thing?
lol, no :tongue:
INTPs don't smile much.

i only seem to show any passion when others are showing it as well. I absorb their energy i guess. Doesn't that mean Fe?
Yea, could be a weak Fe which is something that INTPs have.

tbh. I think you're also in the trap in which you think you are a specific type, so you guide this towards that type.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
can other people type me as well please? i need confirmation from more sources..

Number 2 makes u sound like an INTP, you yearn and chase down knowledge, trying to expand your knowledge of the world around you, Sounds very similar to INTP's

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i did the 16 types test and function order test on this site today. got infj for both. infj is pretty rare though. and theyre usually wise people right? so im not sure. the results were: 1.infj, 2.entp, 3.intp

i thought i was an entp (who had balanced F) for about 2 months but when i looked through youtube for vids of entps/intps/enfps/infps, i felt like my actions resembled the intps most. hence, my research on intps begun. i didnt relate to most of their mathematical interests though... so im kind of stuck. i know its not possible for a hybrid option... but in this case, it would be really useful.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Number 2 makes u sound like an INTP, you yearn and chase down knowledge, trying to expand your knowledge of the world around you, Sounds very similar to INTP's
dude, your display picture is awesome haha

Reactions: jeffbobs

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Reactions: Acerbusvenator

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
i did the 16 types test and function order test on this site today. got infj for both. infj is pretty rare though. and theyre usually wise people right? so im not sure. the results were: 1.infj, 2.entp, 3.intp

i thought i was an entp (who had balanced F) for about 2 months but when i looked through youtube for vids of entps/intps/enfps/infps, i felt like my actions resembled the intps most. hence, my research on intps begun. i didnt relate to most of their mathematical interests though... so im kind of stuck. i know its not possible for a hybrid option... but in this case, it would be really useful.
Tests don't help you.
Most tests just confuse you (even on this site) because it depends on
A. your mood when you do the test
B. how you understand the questions when you do the test
C. how much you know about the functions.
C2. if you know a lot about the functions, the tests **** even more since you start picking the ones that seem cool after a while.
D. they just generally ****

my exact problem! i related more to the infp forum posts about knowing everything and such. i was really put off by stuff like "rescuing flies" though
lol.
I didn't think I was INFP until today because I'm not hysterical about anything, if anything I'm really passive all around.
I once almost made my INTP friend cry because I commented that starvation is good because it helps with the over-population. :laughing:

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
dude, your display picture is awesome haha
lol ty.

While trying to type you, It is quite hard because many of the things i believe make you an INTP, could also make you an INFP lol .

for example

"im really awkward haha. when im alone, i feel awesome. but when im around people physically, i feel disconnected and kind of lost. and i feel like im not good enough for them because i usually dont follow their chain of thought. i dont get their jokes and confidence either"

TO me at first it looks like INTP, disconnected when around others and lost, the not feeling good enough for people, i sometimes get.

But not following train of thought, althou not strictly meaning INFP, the chain of thought and jokes thing, INTP's usually have a very broad and wide sense of humour of many many things. Which doesn't tell me INFP, or not INTP, But maybe something that isn't atypical

"18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life?
feeding myself, showering during the holidays (when no one can see how disgusting my hair is), not walking into a pole while daydreaming. other things like that."

Hehe to me that sounds similar to me, I am too busy day dreaming to feed myself most of the time. and althou i dont have a total ignorance of my surroundings (im guessing from paranoid feelings) yes it is very similar to my GF who is INTP aswell.

But alot of the stuff here does suggest a bit of both really. the trouble is You cannot pin point things down to a certainty with these questions, All i can tell you is information thru my experience of being an INTP and from what i see in other INFP's ....the latter which i have little experience in, so it can not be trusted as much as say an actual INFP giving their opinion.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tests don't help you.
Most tests just confuse you (even on this site) because it depends on
A. your mood when you do the test
B. how you understand the questions when you do the test
C. how much you know about the functions.
C2. if you know a lot about the functions, the tests **** even more since you start picking the ones that seem cool after a while.
D. they just generally ****

lol.
I didn't think I was INFP until today because I'm not hysterical about anything, if anything I'm really passive all around.
I once almost made my INTP friend cry because I commented that starvation is good because it helps with the over-population. :laughing:
oh my god. your logic makes sense, and is in splendid black humour. but its so terrible haha. we should all stop breeding and adopt all the orphans.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Perhaps start from the bottom-up. Hang out at the INFP and INTP forums and see where you feel more comfortable / which one annoys you less.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Perhaps start from the bottom-up. Hang out at the INFP and INTP forums and see where you feel more comfortable / which one annoys you less.
(this is all based on the "you know you're infp/intp when... threads)
im more comfortable around infps. but sometimes they are too emotional. one of the posts was literally about saving flies from drowning in a pool. another was about not eating food because they felt sorry for it and someone ranted on about how lady gaga was soo amazing, unique and genuine in her songwriting. other infps said a song needed to have form to be regarded as music. i disagree with that.

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
intps and infps have different functions.

Fi Ne Si Te INFP

Ti Ne Si Fe INTP

<,.< huge difference....

Not such a good idea. I as an INFP for example get annoyed by all the overly emotional stuff going on the INFP forum. Esp the whining. I feel more comfortable on ISTJ forums for example.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
intps and infps have different functions.

Fi Ne Si Te INFP

Ti Ne Si Fe INTP

<,.< huge difference....
please, read the whole thing. including posts. you'll understand my dilemma better. i dont happen to be knowledgeable when it comes to function order. attempt to type me instead of pointing out what is obvious to you, but not me.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Not such a good idea. I as an INFP for example get annoyed by all the overly emotional stuff going on the INFP forum. Esp the whining. I feel more comfortable on ISTJ forums for example.
THANK YOU! even an INFP reckons the infp forums are too emotional

1 - 20 of 145 Posts