Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to MBTI, I am an INTP-- I am fairly sure this is a correct typing, I've taken several online tests and they all give the same result, and the type description fits my personality pretty well.

According to socionics, I am an ILI-1Ni (INTp)--further information:

Leading Ni
Creative Te
Role Si
Vulnerable Fe

Suggestive Se
Mobilizing Fi
Ignoring Ne
Demonstrative Ti

Admittedly I have just read about socionics about 20 minutes ago, so this might not even be much of a question. Seems to be suggested that INTp is equivalent to INTJ, but the type description for INTJ does not describe me as well as INTP? I'm not demanding someone tell me that I'm categorically one or the other, generally would just like to know more about the relationship between socionics and MBTI and how that relationship would apply to this apparent incongruence.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Research socionics more and you'll find there are some organizational differences, although a meaningful typing might for a lot of people wind up with function labels coinciding with IE labels.

Bottom line though is for what dichotomy work WAS done on socionics, I think that they would've viewed p's as more similar to MBTI P's than to MBTI J's.
If you read the ILI and IEI descriptions it tends to be clear they see those types as more P-ish.

Descriptions only give a hint of what the system is getting at though so it's useful to spend some extra time.

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Admittedly I have just read about socionics about 20 minutes ago, so this might not even be much of a question. Seems to be suggested that INTp is equivalent to INTJ, but the type description for INTJ does not describe me as well as INTP? I'm not demanding someone tell me that I'm categorically one or the other, generally would just like to know more about the relationship between socionics and MBTI and how that relationship would apply to this apparent incongruence.
To put it briefly, Socionics doesn't assign j/p letters in the same way as MBTI does. In MBTI J/P is called Judger-Perceiver, while in Socionics the j/p represents a dichotomy called Rational-Irrational -- and these are not the same. Therefore letter for letter translations of MBTI types to Socionics types don't work, and since all online tests have a large margin of error, to make sure you'll need to do some research into socionics types, and look at functions rather than type profiles.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts