Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, this is my first post. I've been interested in personality tests since college and i thought this would be a natural place to ask about an INTJ interested in an INTJ.

Is this rare? Is it wise? Does anyone know the pitfalls? We are both older (30+) but the skills I've developed over the years seem awkward when dealing with this woman. It is like she knows the playbook so I don't seem genuine anymore.

Thoughts?

·
Mr. CafeBot
13,103 Posts
Welcome to PersonalityCafe!

*You are hearing a robotic sounding voice coming towards you*

Greetings jack london and welcome to PersonalityCafe!! My name is Mr. CafeBot. I am here to personally greet you and thank you for joining our humble little forum. No matter your type, you will surely experience a wonderful time with the members of this forum. We cater to all personality types so you will never feel alone or weird. Truth is this forum is full of weirdos!! Pleazeee hel.... *Ahem*I mean we have the nicest people you will ever meet. :)

If you need basic forum information our newbie guide link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/intro/2319-friendly-guide-newbies.html

To keep the forum entertaining and safe, our forum rules link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/announcements/540-personality-cafe-forum-rules.html

We have a facebook style chat that you can enable throughout the site... Just read on how to enable it here...
http://personalitycafe.com/support-suggestions/13046-personality-cafe-facebook-style-chat.html

If you need any help or have any suggestions, please let us know here...
http://personalitycafe.com/support-suggestions/

We will always be glad to help you!

Also don't forget to watch my music video...

Again, welcome to our forum jack london. We hope that your experience with us is tremendously benevolent!

P.S.

Please tip me 1 gold. I need to buy more coffee! @[email protected]

·
Registered
309 Posts
Though I've never known an INTJ in real life, I've actually found this to be quite common... at least on this forum. But I don't have an other insight beside that. Sorry and good luck with your issue.

Oh... And Welcome to the Forum!

·
Registered
227 Posts
My SO is and I are both INTJs. It's...interesting. The pluses: we think alike, we get each other's humor, we understand the space requirements, and the best part is he's pretty much me in male form. The downside: when we're both having off times we tend to really push and take being alone ( and I mean alone..full retreat, he's his way and I've gone mine) to new levels of wtfness, the same things tend to annoy us or tick us off, we have to make an effort to say what we feel sometimes.

Some days I think being with him is the best thing to happen to me to date, on others I kind of want to do some form of bodily harm and/or let the inner bitch free.

My best adivce is pretty standard, just be yourself. If the attraction is mutual go for it with her, but be prepared to be patiently persistent. I wasn't looking or in the mood when SO made his initial appearance, he was persistent and it finally paid off for him. It took me a little while to realize that the things he said or did, he said or did them because that's how he actually is and it wasn't about him trying to be similar to me to get my attention.

Welcome by the way and good luck!

·
MOTM Feb 2011
8,078 Posts
Just wanted to say welcome to PerC. I have no idea about planet INTJ but hello anyway.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hello and welcome to PerC, as I've seen it called. I thought I would read up on some of the other intros before I put up my own.

Interesting how you bring up INTJs. I live with one, and he's a great guy. I don't know how well he would do with another INTJ, but I could only hope that you are thinking this through (not usually hard for an INTJ. :crazy: ). I don't see any serious pitfalls with dating another INTJ, but she will make you tap into a creative side in order to make her see you're serious about things. Thinking outside the box is all the advice I have for you.

Reactions: L'Empereur

·
Banned
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hello and welcome to PerC, as I've seen it called. I thought I would read up on some of the other intros before I put up my own.

Interesting how you bring up INTJs. I live with one, and he's a great guy. I don't know how well he would do with another INTJ, but I could only hope that you are thinking this through (not usually hard for an INTJ. :crazy: ). I don't see any serious pitfalls with dating another INTJ, but she will make you tap into a creative side in order to make her see you're serious about things. Thinking outside the box is all the advice I have for you.
INTJ are boxes, all boxes. I would think that INTJ would build a world of their own in their minds that only they would share. i think my definition of creative differs from most peoples. :laughing:

·
Registered
248 Posts
I suppose it would differ. Hm... The best you could do is go for it and hope for a good outcome. The worst is if you don't try at all, and you miss something. But that's just me babbling with less than five hours of sleep. I wouldn't suggest regarding me with any kind of seriousness when I've had this little sleep if I were talking to you, but I usually think when I write things down. Therefore, my advice should be remotely sound...

Note the remotely part.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts