Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(I have been told that I need a focus. Whatever that means...)

My thoughts:
So focus is the ability to stay on task yes? I can make A's if I want to in school, normally lowest is C from lack of motivation. My memory is actually pretty good, to my surprise. I've never been the type of peron bribable in order to do something. So focusing like an awesome dog just doesn't..I am not an awesome dog. I've been told by teachers that I simpy lack an attention span sometimes, but when my mind is actually there I can quickly. At work when I do one task it gets done, but when I have to multitask....Oh goody there goes the memory. Especially if I leave the room to take care of customers. That is like a memory death sentence waiting to happen, sometimes. Yet, especially when I don't need to socialize, I can focus very well. I've drawn for hours, read books till I almost passed out with surprised droopy-la-sleepy eyes, cleaned for hours, and so on. All in all I can function pretty well to the point I reminded my mother of an appointment of mine she forgot. I'm starting to think the reason why I don't pay attention is my ever present boredom. My parents complain how "unemotional" I can be. I am not unemotional just very unexcitable. Things just don't interest me. At least what interests most people. I need to keep exploring and figuring things out. I tend to complicate things just to keep my interest. Not simply using what I learned but creating new ideas from them. Sure they don't always work but hey it's fun. I'm starting to think I need to challange myself more/be challanged more. I keep researching and researching for answers or leads, but "life" just doesn't want to hand things out. So apparently I am an INTJ. It's odd to me how I had the scientist though. Since I took a military test, ASFAB personality interest test if I am not mistaken, it gave me 100% investigative 98% artistic 40% convention. So I keep thinking about careers. How does artistic=INTJ? :confused: Wow this is sad. I just lost my train of thought, again. I'm not exactly drawn to the normal veiws of successs. I'm drawn to being interested in things. People are not one of those things I am usually interested in. More in the 40%ish. Ideas I am interested in...So...I'm functional but scatter brained apparently from my imagination. How do I fix this to? I tend to link unlike things apparently, but they do have something to do together...For typing this at 4am...this isn't tooo bad. o.o Any advice please...?

Thank you for reading this giant paragraph. Oh giant paragraph...

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
You sound fairly INTP to me since there is a LOT of info in a paragraph very Ti not very Te.

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
amphetamine salts

·
Banned
5,026 Posts
INTJs are perfectly able to be artistic...Ni can help with that, as it relates a lot to context and meaning...the 'scientist' refers to the judging function, Te, what others see most easily, which is basically empiricism. You can apply it to things other than science, of course, but it is associated with science. I find myself, although I am (when healthy) great at focussing on alone tasks, I do not do well with random improv multitasking keeping track of fifty things. So I just avoid those environments and do what allows me to work to my best ability.

Ti is the INTP judging function which is more about subjective logical consistency - especially good for very precise closed systems, like pure logic, mathematics, or philosophy. If you are INTP, Ne, your second function, could be what is keeping you from focussing, as a large part of it is the ability to see connections everywhere - like in brainstorm, following a trail of random wikipedia articles, &c. If so, then you'll focus better if you make use of that rather than let other people dictate how you should learn.

Reactions: Night & Day

·
Banned
5,026 Posts
Ignore the skeptic.
As a classification system, the cognitive functions work better and can lead to more understanding and less typism than the more behaviour-based ideas. It is more about how you think. It, of course, has the normal limitations of anything primarily descriptive and classifying, but for organising thought and thinking about different ways of thinking and motives/needs behind behaviours, it can be very useful. As long as you use it within its limitations, it can help.

·
Registered
317 Posts
First of all stop reading so much psychology second get a hobby one you are good at three less time online more time off line do that and tell me after a month how you feel ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts