Personality Cafe banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
INTP maybe F maybe J?

Hey I figured it would be a good thing to ask people to type me because I have been having my doubts for a very long time. Thanks to everyone in advance!

Sex: Female
Sexual orientation: Pan(?)
Current state of mind: Alright, quite stable at the moment a bit stressed (having to go home)

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

Oh god why. Although exciting! We can fix things! Maybe not... Sleep in a hotel? Let's see how we'll get out of trouble. We better not be late, I will take a train if this doesn't go well.

Reaction:
1. Check if problem is fixable, if yes fix it, if not, go to 2.
2. Look up trains and busses.
3. Call car pull thing and get on with trip.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the after party that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

Ugh, yeah sure... It could be fun... or I could just end up sitting in a corner again. I must like the person I'm with else I would never agree to spend time with them in a car, so I let them have it their way and look up a hotel if he does get drunk.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

Inward: you can live in your world of lies but would it kill you to think for a change and look up the facts/think rationally.
Outward: ---

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

If it's something that doesn't harm anyone nothing, if it is something that has a potential threat towards other members or some 3rd party person then I would try to establish a common ground for the sake of not having drama, not caring about the actual argument because I don't hold them that close anyway.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
Knowledge.
No order: Appreciation, Caring, Cleverness, Creativity, Education, Fun, Intellect, Logic, Open-mindedness, Not being afraid to be yourself, Trust

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

a) Possibly what most people see is how awkward I am, which my friends can't stop pointing out. I will say the weirdest things to professors which will make them stop, think and laugh, or to my mother and she won't be able to answer my questions that come out of the blue and when I go out people usually stare. I think a smile does a lot so I say hi when i get on the bus, I know most bus drivers and people who work at local stores. Not necessarily what I strive to, it just happens. I try to be happy and do things I would like to see other people doing. People approach me out of the blue and I give away this feeling of being trustworthy and friendly even if I don't feel it is that way.

b) I would like to be more organised and be able to follow personal schedule, be able to do more things that I am doing, basically be more of a ''J'' than I am.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

I did thorough research on universities, then chose one of them based on gut feeling. Biggest and best choice of my life. Most gut feelings get pushed aside until I do a fair amount of research (does this guy like me and I think this job would be a good thing to do) or it is just: this jar of stuff could be nice food let's try it.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

a) Playing video games, watching films, drawing, sketching, studying, writing essays, music, reading, learning languages (~creativity) talking one on one (~connection to people)
b) Groups of people, arguing, conflict, group work, having to take initiative (i like it but its stressful because people don't tend to think), sitting in a bad lecture room, dealing with people who are irrational.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

Not telling people off for saying dumb things, I think about why they are saying what they are and why they look the way they do and why they do the things they do (why does she wear that necklace, who gave it to her, does she wear short skirts because she wants to be popular, does she realise that the guy she is talking to her likes her because of the way he is facing her etc). I try to stick to themes they seem to enjoy and not think about what I want to talk about and save that for one on one conversations with specific people. I contribute to conversations with funny stories and awkward sentences that make people laugh. Making the worst moments seem funny and people usually like that.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
Scoring well on my finals, surprised myself, made my mentor proud (which means a BIG deal to me), and got into uni.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
Letting people know I care about them. I let friends know on weekly bases so they know I don't not care but I struggle with the I really care about you kind of thing.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
How it will benefit me in the long run and if it would make my life better at the moment.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
Do Good work. Whatever it is, it will be important at some point. Yes, I like to make sure it's done well.

B]7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it? [/B]
Talking to someone I like. About films and books. Very vivid?

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
Relating it to things or events/occasions, having background info on it.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
More than most people, 75/100, I could plan my sleep schedule to suit a usual tempo but I like having play time then work, I get more done that way.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
Information that supports it.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
Everyone is doing fine whilst I can still be myself, whether I try to find common ground, or just leave if it doesnt work.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words? Think before jump, Action>words.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

Which friend, where, how lonely am I on a scale from one to ten, most likely no, unless I really can not be bothered to do anything else.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
Tell me your story. I like stories and deep things I can analyze them and see who you are. Might offer hugs if it's sad but mostly exploring.

I am asking you to type me because I always (more than 30 times I'm sure) scored as a certain type and I know that test by heart by now so I might be bias, and I can't help feeling I am more judging because of the way I organise myself, yet I am more perceiving because I have messy desks and am quite spontaneous. I am very much a T when it comes to logic and most things but I got really broken because of that guy and I have lately been feeling down for not having anyone close. And when I fall for someone I fall hard and think about them all the time and over analyse. I have also realised I must kind of seek out embarrassment/awkwardness because it makes people feel better for being awkward around me (hanging out with another bunch of introverts) and they get more relaxed. I know types develop but this is just plain weird, I want to see what you think :)

Now I will leave it to you to decide. Thank you :)

·
Registered
627 Posts
Hey I figured it would be a good thing to ask people to type me because I have been having my doubts for a very long time. Thanks to everyone in advance!

Sex: Female
Sexual orientation: Pan(?)
Current state of mind: Alright, quite stable at the moment a bit stressed (having to go home)

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

Oh god why. Although exciting! We can fix things! Maybe not... Sleep in a hotel? Let's see how we'll get out of trouble. We better not be late, I will take a train if this doesn't go well.

You're excited by a new, unknown situation. Perhaps Ne?
But the scattered pattern of thinking seems a little ENTP, even.

Reaction:
1. Check if problem is fixable, if yes fix it, if not, go to 2.
2. Look up trains and busses.
3. Call car pull thing and get on with trip.
Very practical way of doing things. How quickly do you deliberate over each step?

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the after party that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

Ugh, yeah sure... It could be fun... or I could just end up sitting in a corner again. I must like the person I'm with else I would never agree to spend time with them in a car, so I let them have it their way and look up a hotel if he does get drunk.
You have a back-up plan. Practical, pragmatic. J?

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

Inward: you can live in your world of lies but would it kill you to think for a change and look up the facts/think rationally.
Outward: ---
Hmm, this is quite important. Withholding from speaking when someone is being illogical would be very difficult for an INTP (speaking on my own experience). When people don't make much sense, I tend to ask a few questions so that they can realize that what they're saying doesn't follow. Then we can have a good discussion with sound logic if they correct what they've been saying.

As you explain in the next answer (to 5), this seems to be more of establishing common ground in order to reduce the possibility of having drama. That sounds to me like the INFP/INFJ ideal of keeping peace and harmony. I don't know if the INTP unwillingness to deal with conflict would allow an INTP to repress the correction of a logical inaccuracy. INTJs also would not be that afraid to correct a logical inaccuracy.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

If it's something that doesn't harm anyone nothing, if it is something that has a potential threat towards other members or some 3rd party person then I would try to establish a common ground for the sake of not having drama, not caring about the actual argument because I don't hold them that close anyway.
Hmm, the argument isn't as important as keeping peace. To me, that's not very INTP/INTJ. Even though INTPs like keeping peace to avoid conflict, they also love debating for the sake of debating. INTJs aren't as concerned with smoothing over social situations as they are with smoothing over wrinkles in logic.

Hold them close... Do you hold your friends close to you, even closer than you do your love for knowledge/logic?

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
Knowledge.
No order: Appreciation, Caring, Cleverness, Creativity, Education, Fun, Intellect, Logic, Open-mindedness, Not being afraid to be yourself, Trust
Can you answer the second part of the question? Why do you value knowledge above the other values you listed? Why is being caring, appreciative, fun, and trusting/trustworthy important?
7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

a) Possibly what most people see is how awkward I am, which my friends can't stop pointing out. I will say the weirdest things to professors which will make them stop, think and laugh, or to my mother and she won't be able to answer my questions that come out of the blue and when I go out people usually stare. I think a smile does a lot so I say hi when i get on the bus, I know most bus drivers and people who work at local stores. Not necessarily what I strive to, it just happens. I try to be happy and do things I would like to see other people doing. People approach me out of the blue and I give away this feeling of being trustworthy and friendly even if I don't feel it is that way.
INTJs and INTPs alike are socially awkward.

Smiles and interactions with people can also be interpreted in a variety of ways. Would you say that you have to force a smile/happiness? Does it disgust you/make you uncomfortable when you 'try to be happy'?

On a daily basis, do you find yourself with a smile on your face?

b) I would like to be more organised and be able to follow personal schedule, be able to do more things that I am doing, basically be more of a ''J'' than I am.
Hmm. xxxJs can also be less disorganized than the stereotype. My INTJ roommate isn't the neatest person alive, but she's more orderly and has less patience for disorder than I do. I think our attitudes towards order can tell us a lot about our personalities. Do you mind living in disorder?

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

I did thorough research on universities, then chose one of them based on gut feeling. Biggest and best choice of my life. Most gut feelings get pushed aside until I do a fair amount of research (does this guy like me and I think this job would be a good thing to do) or it is just: this jar of stuff could be nice food let's try it.
Gut feelings? Can you describe what a gut feeling, well, 'feels' like? This seems like a very INFJ description. They have so much insight that it seems almost supernatural.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

a) Playing video games, watching films, drawing, sketching, studying, writing essays, music, reading, learning languages (~creativity) talking one on one (~connection to people)
b) Groups of people, arguing, conflict, group work, having to take initiative (i like it but its stressful because people don't tend to think), sitting in a bad lecture room, dealing with people who are irrational.
a) could be used to describe an INTP or INFP
b) parts could be used to describe INTP, INTJ, and INFP. You could possibly be a strongly Te/Ti INFP. Have you taken the cognitive functions test? That'll determine the functions you use the most. Here's a good one:
Jungian Cognitive Functions Test

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

Not telling people off for saying dumb things, I think about why they are saying what they are and why they look the way they do and why they do the things they do (why does she wear that necklace, who gave it to her, does she wear short skirts because she wants to be popular, does she realise that the guy she is talking to her likes her because of the way he is facing her etc). I try to stick to themes they seem to enjoy and not think about what I want to talk about and save that for one on one conversations with specific people. I contribute to conversations with funny stories and awkward sentences that make people laugh. Making the worst moments seem funny and people usually like that.
Ooh, you can read people! You realize that people like each other because of body language. I've tried to learn this, but it apparently hasn't stuck. I still can't read people irl. That indicates possibly INFJ, or even a sensing type, because of the high attention to detail. Please, again, take the cognitive function test :tongue:

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
Scoring well on my finals, surprised myself, made my mentor proud (which means a BIG deal to me), and got into uni.
Why does making your mentor proud mean a big deal to you? Why did scoring well on your finals surprise you?

4) What makes you feel inferior?
Letting people know I care about them. I let friends know on weekly bases so they know I don't not care but I struggle with the I really care about you kind of thing.
Hmm. Why don't you want people to know that you care too deeply about them? Why does it make you feel inferior? Why don't you want people to think you don't care about them?

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
How it will benefit me in the long run and if it would make my life better at the moment.
Future thinking, but also thinking in the moment. Interesting. I see both N and S values in your statement. What value is more important? Looking towards the future, or looking at your immediate surroundings?

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
Do Good work. Whatever it is, it will be important at some point. Yes, I like to make sure it's done well.
So, do you value the process of doing the work more than the completion of the work itself? Do the ends justify the means through which you complete the work? Will you feel disappointed if you fail to finish but implement a new, efficient process? Or will you feel disappointed if you finish, but cop out and use an easier, tried and true methodology?

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
Talking to someone I like. About films and books. Very vivid?
What does having a lot of fun entail? What do you feel, if applicable? What does having fun do for you? For how long after the experience do you remain in that state of mind?

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
Relating it to things or events/occasions, having background info on it.
Can you answer whether you prefer hands on exploration (doing), theorizing (postulating possible ideas and examining), memorizing, or discussing (collaboration)?

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
More than most people, 75/100, I could plan my sleep schedule to suit a usual tempo but I like having play time then work, I get more done that way.
Hmm. Ps can be organized too.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
Information that supports it.
More details, please? Do you need factual evidence, or do you examine if the ideas themselves make sense first? (Do you look at the truth of the premises first, or do you check the soundness of the argument?)

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
Everyone is doing fine whilst I can still be myself, whether I try to find common ground, or just leave if it doesn't work.
What does it mean for you to find common ground? Do you compromise/adapt your values/ideas so that there will naturally be common ground? When do you think that something won't work?

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words? Think before jump, Action>words.
Hmm. How long does it take you to make an important decision (like which college to go to)? Less important decision (like what to wear to a party)?

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

Which friend, where, how lonely am I on a scale from one to ten, most likely no, unless I really can not be bothered to do anything else.
Introvert. Most definitely. Or, you really like that show. :tongue:

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
Tell me your story. I like stories and deep things I can analyze them and see who you are. Might offer hugs if it's sad but mostly exploring.
Hmm, would you say that you want to hear the stories because you want to understand the person telling them? Or, do you like to hear stories and deep things because it satisfies your curiosity?

What do you think about hugs?

I am asking you to type me because I always (more than 30 times I'm sure) scored as a certain type and I know that test by heart by now so I might be bias, and I can't help feeling I am more judging because of the way I organise myself, yet I am more perceiving because I have messy desks and am quite spontaneous. I am very much a T when it comes to logic and most things but I got really broken because of that guy and I have lately been feeling down for not having anyone close. And when I fall for someone I fall hard and think about them all the time and over analyse. I have also realised I must kind of seek out embarrassment/awkwardness because it makes people feel better for being awkward around me (hanging out with another bunch of introverts) and they get more relaxed. I know types develop but this is just plain weird, I want to see what you think :)

Now I will leave it to you to decide. Thank you :)
I haven't decided yet. Let's see your answers to these questions, first. And please take the cognitive functions test I've linked somewhere up there. ^

:happy:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hmm, this is quite important. Withholding from speaking when someone is being illogical would be very difficult for an INTP (speaking on my own experience). When people don't make much sense, I tend to ask a few questions so that they can realize that what they're saying doesn't follow. Then we can have a good discussion with sound logic if they correct what they've been saying.

As you explain in the next answer (to 5), this seems to be more of establishing common ground in order to reduce the possibility of having drama. That sounds to me like the INFP/INFJ ideal of keeping peace and harmony. I don't know if the INTP unwillingness to deal with conflict would allow an INTP to repress the correction of a logical inaccuracy. INTJs also would not be that afraid to correct a logical inaccuracy.
Right. The thing is, I have learned through years of correcting people, that some people are just stupid so I won't have a conversation with them. If its my best friend or someone who's opinion I repsect I will have a discussiong with them about it.
Very INFJ that I dont say anything, but very INTP in my own head going *MORON MORON MORON* and very INTJ, that if I find the conversation worthy, I will debate it.

Hold them close... Do you hold your friends close to you, even closer than you do your love for knowledge/logic?
No, I dont hold my friends close at all. That's my point, same as above I guess. Cant be bothered if someone is stupid. I do love a good debate but if the person seems too illogical I just give up. :/// ?

Can you answer the second part of the question? Why do you value knowledge above the other values you listed? Why is being caring, appreciative, fun, and trusting/trustworthy important?
I am not sure how they can change. But I value them because it makes me feel better to be around them (fun) and I can learn a lot from them if they are clever. Trust, just because there is no one I can rely trust and people keep disappointing me. So high standards (INTJ?) So if I have a feeling I can trust you with something that's a lot. That's like me pouring my soul into your hands. If I exaggerate. Massively.
They are more important than other things because if you are trust worthy, and yourself I can count on you being you when the whole world is pretending to be someone else. Have a genuine conversation with someone real.

On a daily basis, do you find yourself with a smile on your face?
No, not at all, does it disgust me. I feel happy most of the time. Except when I start thinking about certain things then I go horribly depressed. Im always smiling and it takes me a long way if I am. But sometimes it does disgust me a bit. When I have to smile in really odd and shit occasions and I just wan to head bang into a wall. Like in a shop: I will be genuinely happy to see someone, say hi, but then they keep repeating: how are you? and it drives me nuts, because you cant ask a person 4 times how I am, yet people do that, trying to keep a conversation. that's when i get irritated.
But I live in my head most of the time so I am happy and it just shows on the outside.

Do you mind living in disorder?
Living in disorder as in my living space? I have incredible patience for people, for some reason, mostly due to avoiding conflict i think. I have put up with my flatmates kitchen mold for 1 month, warned him after 2 weeks, to clean up, then warned him twice, then put it all in bin bags. Then his mother screamed at me and I just didnt have a comment and left, called up the landlord and had him sort it out. It happened again, I called landlord again. So i guess I mind, It bothers me immensely but I won't argue too much because I can see he is stupid and wont clean up unless I do something drastic. Wont give him the pleasure. My room though, its mostly clean, then it's tornado time, then I clean up ad put things in boxes and sort them alphabetically. Im crazy in the head.

Gut feelings? Can you describe what a gut feeling, well, 'feels' like? This seems like a very INFJ description. They have so much insight that it seems almost supernatural.
Good god, no clue what it feels like. It's like me buying hummus (literal transcription): This... maybe... yes??? worth the £2, not worth.. can i get ill... ?? No...? Okay sure why not.
lmao i don;t know, does this answer the question?

a) could be used to describe an INTP or INFP
b) parts could be used to describe INTP, INTJ, and INFP. You could possibly be a strongly Te/Ti INFP. Have you taken the cognitive functions test? That'll determine the functions you use the most. Here's a good one:
Jungian Cognitive Functions Test
Brilliant. Took the test: Your type is: unclear XD

Te (Extroverted Thinking) (95%)
your valuation of / adherence to logic of external systems / hierarchies / methods

Ti (Introverted Thinking) (75%)
your valuation of / adherence to your own internally devised logic/rational

Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (95%)
your valuation of / tendency towards free association and creating with external stimuli

Ni (Introverted Intuition) (75%)
your valuation of / tendency towards internal/original free association and creativity

Se (Extroverted Sensing) (50%)
your valuation of / tendency to fully experience the world unfiltered, in the moment

Si (Introverted Sensing) (70%)
your valuation of / focus on internal sensations and reliving past moments

Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (55%)
your valuation of / adherence to external morals, ethics, traditions, customs, groups

Fi (Introverted Feeling) (70%)
your valuation of / adherence to the sanctity of your own feelings / ideals / sentiment
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
based on your results your type is likely - unclear

Why does making your mentor proud mean a big deal to you? Why did scoring well on your finals surprise you?
Possibly because he is the one who inspired me to go study what Im studying now. He helped me loads with my applications and without hesitation did everything I asked him to. When he had to write a reference he wrote it and had it translated and what he wrote was really nice as well. So i felt that disappointing him would be one of the worst things in my life. He is clever and does all the things I would love to do. Video and teaching, also I had a feeling I can trust him since I first saw him.
Scoring on my tests, well, because I didn't do much studying through the four years, I crammed for the last few weeks and it turned out very well. Also because I was expecting the tests to be harder. And I guess I underestimated myself as well.

Hmm. Why don't you want people to know that you care too deeply about them? Why does it make you feel inferior? Why don't you want people to think you don't care about them?
I see that my answers were very blunt. Because then they can hurt me and they can also see that I am not this really strong person who everyone thinks I am and turns to for advice.
But if it's not that, then they will want weird displays of emotion which is just hard work awkward and useless.
I dont mind occasional hugging or something but I'm not prone to the whole fluffy bubly boo thing.

Future thinking, but also thinking in the moment. Interesting. I see both N and S values in your statement. What value is more important? Looking towards the future, or looking at your immediate surroundings?
Present. Who knows what will happen in the future. But I always have a plan to not be homeless, so I will study hard and I have a plan to become an animator / 3 artist / editor, which I plan to figure out next year, so I am perusing something in the direction of what I like.

So, do you value the process of doing the work more than the completion of the work itself? Do the ends justify the means through which you complete the work? Will you feel disappointed if you fail to finish but implement a new, efficient process? Or will you feel disappointed if you finish, but cop out and use an easier, tried and true methodology?
If I learned something through it, great, but I always want to finish things. I will be immensely disappointed if I haven't implemented what I wanted, but not finishing isn't an option, especially with things that mean a lot to me. Some things might take time, but will be finished.

What does having a lot of fun entail? What do you feel, if applicable? What does having fun do for you? For how long after the experience do you remain in that state of mind?
this is such a hard question. I don't know. I guess the feeling you get when you are happy and your mind is buzzing with ideas and questions and answers. Also funny comments that make me laugh but not brainless, witty stuff. When you have to think about it , it's just amusing .

Can you answer whether you prefer hands on exploration (doing), theorizing (postulating possible ideas and examining), memorizing, or discussing (collaboration)?
Im going to die, this is hard. Theorizing in English, films and photography.
Discussing in getting the rough edges of the heavy things, to make subjects clearer.
Memorising when learning languages.
Memorising and exploration when dealing with software, coding.

I do my work, then I go and discuss it with someone I feel is competent. I have to mull it over in y head before hand but I can speak without having knowledge of something and it helps me think. xD

More details, please? Do you need factual evidence, or do you examine if the ideas themselves make sense first? (Do you look at the truth of the premises first, or do you check the soundness of the argument?)
Always facts, and always truth of the premises.
Details for me are different for details for other people. I think I'm detailed then someone else points out something completely obscure. I think I'm getting better at details now, due to studying photography.

What does it mean for you to find common ground? Do you compromise/adapt your values/ideas so that there will naturally be common ground? When do you think that something won't work?
Common ground with someone I want to have a discussion with is, that if they have good arguments I change my mind. If not, I try to change theirs. If it doesnt work, I think there must be something wrong with them so I say well, everyone has a different opinion, all is good. If its something drastic, like a person cheating on me and thinking thats okay, then I will simply walk out of their life. I will never lower my ideas for someone, dumb myself down or change the way I think to achieve harmony. If the other person is prepared to understand my view and I attempt to understand theirs, it should be enough even if we dont agree (it will resoult in me thinking the person is stupid but I won't say it. I had a hard time realising this just now.).

Hmm. How long does it take you to make an important decision (like which college to go to)? Less important decision (like what to wear to a party)?
Ugh okay. funny one. I did massive research for a year and a half on universities. I had 6 different choices at the end. When it came to selecting a firm, I did it on a gut feeling.
Party, can take ages, I dont often go, Last time i went to the pub (yesterday) I contemplated for 3 days before that , and 4 constant hours, also needed convincing from 2 people.

Introvert. Most definitely. Or, you really like that show.
Introvert isn't even a question anymore :p

Hmm, would you say that you want to hear the stories because you want to understand the person telling them? Or, do you like to hear stories and deep things because it satisfies your curiosity?
It mostly satisfies my curiosity and i generally dont care about people that much. And when someone is crying I wonder what they are trying to achieve, or why they care and how that happened rather than i should give them hugs, unless i really like them. What drives me is why they act and are the way the do. It's like. WHY? i have to know. If its a person I like romantically or have high respect for (like my mentor), then I will want to understand them.

What do i think of hugs?
Well. I mostly do it, to make other people feel more comfortable. When I do it for myself is with very few people. And if I try to catch the moment of actually feeling something it skips by when the hug is over. I like hugs tough, I think they are great if given by the right person and aren't fake. Most girls do the fake hug thing when they leave the room. that's just so much effort.

I guess I am quite cuddly though but have no feeling for giving cuddles or stroking people or animals. I constantly remind myself of what people like though, so I try to do that in order to achieve what I want (get friends, to get good groups, to get good work done, and to talk to someone when I've been quiet for too many days).

Okay additional info: INFJs, as much as I read, look for serious relationships and wouldn't do one night stands. I dont fully agree with that statement myself. I think sex can be just fun and I can randomly sleep with someone (T?), but I would like a serious relationship (F?).

Also. I had a INFP friend who hurt me badly in the past 5 years. And I went through like depression stages. And I also might show signs of anxiety now. 6 years of ''friendship'', we met, friends for 2 years he lied about 478327492 things, i confronted him, he ignored me for 1 year, we made up, friends for 2 years, he ignored me for 1 year, we made up, we are in the stage of not really talking but not ignoring, thinking of him makes me depressed and then I sink into this vortex of shit in my head which lasts a while usually. (Hasnt happened for a while, succesfully avoiding it for now.) In that time, he stripped me naked then told me I'm ugly (which didnt bother me, I was just WTF , he has issues) then told me I cant do the same to him. At that point I was just willing to do anything to make him feel like he can trust me, but yet he shut me out (am I a freaking F) we are both a lot alike though, even now. He however says this about me: ''I manipulate people because I know what they do and how they react. But you are different. You get to know them, You suck out information about them and then you climb into their heads. You know what they think, how they think and how they feel and you manipulate them by becoming them (mirroring) or giving them what they need to hear/feel.'' This coming from a master manipulator that screwed up a lot of me. (Never had sex, just friendship with a few weird instances of me being naked, him licking my face all the time (I did not like that) and him telling me he loves me a few months ago and then telling me we cant have sex and now practically ignoring me.) This might be screwing with me F and T. A whole LOT.

thanks for reading and answering!
I might retake cognitive functions because this is just plain weird.

I had a very dynamic bringing up and my parents were very supportive of intellectual side of things.

Edit: You know what, I very much doubt I am an F. Ive done some thinking and I find it so hard to emphatise with people it is unreal. I wish well for them, but cant feel their pain like an INFJ would. INFP is way too arty and they feel too much of emphatising as well.

I took a different test just now and came out as INTJ.
INTJ
E 36%
I 64%

S 36%
N 64%

T 100% (lol i think there is no doubt)
F

P 45%
J 55%

The J and P are so close though!

Edit: I will type myself as INTJ after reading a bit more than just the intro pages.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Te (Extroverted Thinking) (95%)
your valuation of / adherence to logic of external systems / hierarchies / methods

Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (95%)
your valuation of / tendency towards free association and creating with external stimuli

Si (Introverted Sensing) (70%)
your valuation of / focus on internal sensations and reliving past moments

Fi (Introverted Feeling) (70%)
your valuation of / adherence to the sanctity of your own feelings / ideals / sentiment

Sounds actually like the description of an ENFP, the way your functions stack. I've listed the functions you test stronger in, for Te/Ti, Ne/Ni, Se/Si, and Fe/Fi.

Take a look and see if you agree.

https://www.personalitypage.com/ENFP.html
Profile of the ENFP Personality Type | Truity

I think the part that sounds a lot like you is this paragraph:

"ENFPs love to talk about people: not just the facts, but what motivates them, what inspires them, and what they envision achieving in life. They’ll often share their own aspirations freely, and want to hear others’ in return. The ENFP is unlikely to judge anyone’s dream, and will discuss the most imaginative and outlandish of fantasies with warm, enthusiastic intensity. They love to explore creative possibilities, and nothing deflates them faster than talking about dry facts or harsh reality."

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im not going to judge people out loud, I always judge in my head. I will tell people what I want because I don't care if they think it's impossible and it makes for a less shallow conversation. I like creativity, but I realised in the past years that I have been forcing myself with it. Like I admire it but Im not that good at it. So I have been studying it hard.
Ive read a bit about it now and they just seem way too Ponyland and enthusiastic. I hate everyone too much to be an ENFP. Or I'm just a very hateful ENFP who hopes everyone would just die sometimes. I dont think Im enthusiastic as much as I think that with the right attitude you can get places, thats where the smiling comes from as well. I do like teaching though, ''ENFPs prize individuality and often consider the pursuit of happiness to be the highest priority in life, both for themselves and for others.'' This, yes. I think people perceive me as an ENFP because I get approached by way too many people, when I just want them to leave me alone and I often wonder why. Most of it just sounds like I want to bang my head against the table. It happens that I get sucked into groups of people wanting to hang out and then just leave in the middle of it because I get bored and irritated. I don't know how it happens people jsut keep coming up to me and sometimes I say okay. And people think they can trust me and that I'm actually interested in what they want to tell me. I don't even. (this is turning into a rant, full of hate today ..) I'll stop.
Thanks for reply, I send you an email before.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts