Personality Cafe banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.
First of all i would like to apologize for my English. English is not my native language so i hope you bear with me.

I have taken a ton of tests recently and i nearly always end up being INTP. I can`t really associate with the description of INTP`s.

I score low on the introversion part. I really like to be social and hang out with friends but i need personal time aswell. I`m also really interested in humans and like to work with them. For example i had a job working directly with customers and I found great joy in helping them out. Specially in technical matters. My boss told me that i had really good "soft skills".

As a child i had a old lady as a neighbour. I loved to spend time at her place and she said to my parents that talking with me felt the same as talking to an adult. I also enjoyed spending time in my own company as a child and had a very vivid imagination. I also had a lot of knowledge as a child. When i was 6 years old i knew every capital in europe and the big ones on the other continents. I could also recognize flags and point out the country on a map. The weird thing is that i cant remember reading about capitals or countries. My parents cant remember that either.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

I have done about ten different test`s and some of them multiple times. My result is nearly always INTP, but i cant really associate with the description.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

I yearn for success and getting a good job in a good company. Alternatively, I want to start something for myself and build something from the start. Why? Because i want to make a difference. I also want economical freedom.

I also yearn for having a wife and a couple of children and some close good friends. Why? Because i appreciate family very much and i also believe its important to have friends that you can trust.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

A couple of years ago me and my best friends went to Greece on vacation. We had a really good time. It was so nice to see the sun in the morning, go to the beach and just relax. I guess it was the freedom to do whatever you wanted to do without any stress or everyday routines interfering that made it so nice.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

People in authority positions who uses their authority just because they can.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

People. I really have a bad habit of considering what others may think or not think about my desicions. I also take into account other people`s need`s before my own.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

When working on a project i nearly always delay it until the last minute. I don`t know why. I just guess i work better under pressure. I always want the things that i work with to be quality work and if i cant figure out something, I dont give up until i have figured it out.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?*

Pretty much the same as 3.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

I have a very good memory so i rely alot on that.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

I never make lists, but i like to have a general overview over things. I like to keep things clean and neat but i never have everything lined up perfectly.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

I want to understand it first to see if it makes sense, and then i look for information that supports it.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

I have a habit of thinking about everyone else before myself so i have to go with the first one.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I think before i speak. Actually, i prefer both. One-on-one and small group discussions.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I like to know where i am jumping before leaping. No, i don`t think that action speaks more than words. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesen`t.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

It depends on the mood really. Sometimes i would say no and sometimes i would say yes. I guess that around 6/10 times i would say yes.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

I never really get stressed out. I always keep my calm.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

People who asks you out and you say yes and after that they keep calling/texting everyday wanting to hang out. I need my personal space and time for myself.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
I really like to talk about my interests and work related stuff. I`m not so fond of chit chat.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life

I pay little attention to small things in life that doesent matter.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

They perceive me as kind, funny and intelligent. Always there for them. They would never say that i call them too much and they would probably have the impression that they have to take the initiative to hang out with me. I guess the reason for this is that i`m really comfortable in my own company and dont feel the need to do something with other people all the time. Usually if they call and want to do something, im down.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

I would call a couple of friends and go on a ball game or have a poker night.

I dont know if this could be information useful for typing me, but i post this as well. Since i was a child i have had a fascination for markets. First it was the local flea market and then it developed to stock markets, investments and in general all type of money markets.

I dont talk a lot unless its about matters that interest me. I stated earlier that i like people and the feeling of helping people, but i have also been described as cold and cynical.

What do you think? Could you help me out with my type?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Hello everyone.
First of all i would like to apologize for my English. English is not my native language so i hope you bear with me.

I have taken a ton of tests recently and i nearly always end up being INTP. I can`t really associate with the description of INTP`s.

I score low on the introversion part. I really like to be social and hang out with friends but i need personal time aswell. I`m also really interested in humans and like to work with them. For example i had a job working directly with customers and I found great joy in helping them out. Specially in technical matters. My boss told me that i had really good "soft skills".

As a child i had a old lady as a neighbour. I loved to spend time at her place and she said to my parents that talking with me felt the same as talking to an adult. I also enjoyed spending time in my own company as a child and had a very vivid imagination. I also had a lot of knowledge as a child. When i was 6 years old i knew every capital in europe and the big ones on the other continents. I could also recognize flags and point out the country on a map. The weird thing is that i cant remember reading about capitals or countries. My parents cant remember that either.
This kind of remembrance slightly points out to the Si type of story telling, stacked up with your thoughts at one point, how some events made you feel, what kind of connections you made, also a slight sensory database idea.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

I yearn for success and getting a good job in a good company. Alternatively, I want to start something for myself and build something from the start. Why? Because i want to make a difference. I also want economical freedom.

I also yearn for having a wife and a couple of children and some close good friends. Why? Because i appreciate family very much and i also believe its important to have friends that you can trust.
I get Si vibes off here, stability and the old timely values but I might as well be wrong.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

A couple of years ago me and my best friends went to Greece on vacation. We had a really good time. It was so nice to see the sun in the morning, go to the beach and just relax. I guess it was the freedom to do whatever you wanted to do without any stress or everyday routines interfering that made it so nice.
Si + Ne (escape of routines + relaxation and general impressionism, you are aware of how the event interacted with you at one point)

4) What makes you feel inferior?

People in authority positions who uses their authority just because they can.
You seem to be a bit cringy around Te as you are most likely a Fe user.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

I have a habit of thinking about everyone else before myself so i have to go with the first one.
Fe

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I like to know where i am jumping before leaping. No, i don`t think that action speaks more than words. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesen`t.
Still points to Si, Se is more reckless, they do not really care where they jump, they slightly want to try it out but it could also be an Enneagram thing. I am still pointing out to Si.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
I really like to talk about my interests and work related stuff. I`m not so fond of chit chat.
Si + Ne

I dont talk a lot unless its about matters that interest me. I stated earlier that i like people and the feeling of helping people, but i have also been described as cold and cynical.
Fe + Ti

My general impression is ISFJ, they also tend to be taken as extroverts as their Fe can seem as people seeking.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My general impression is ISFJ, they also tend to be taken as extroverts as their Fe can seem as people seeking.
Thanks!

Im very new to personality typing and personality theories in general so "fi+ti, si+ne" doesent mean so much to me, but I try to come up to speed.

I read some descriptions about ISFJ and can relate a lot to most of it. Specially the memory thing. It is strange that none of the tests that i have taken has labeled me as an ISFJ.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Thanks!

Im very new to personality typing and personality theories in general so "fi+ti, si+ne" doesent mean so much to me, but I try to come up to speed.

I read some descriptions about ISFJ and can relate a lot to most of it. Specially the memory thing. It is strange that none of the tests that i have taken has labeled me as an ISFJ.
You will discover cognitive functions with time, they are the basis of the MBTI theory, the MBTI theory only summarizes how the functions blend in together through 4 letters. Glad it offered some starting point and good luck on your trembling journey.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
2. These yearnings suggest multiple things. It's quite traditional, so you may actually be an S. On the other hand what I primarily would take from this is that your dominant function is perceiving. Getting a job isn't the goal within itself but lets you go places.

3. Could be anything, but being free on a vacation as your best time is what I would expect an SP to answer.

4. Feeling inferior due to absurd use of authority is of course stressful for everyone, but particularly to perceivers.

5. This suggests Feeling.

6. Being pressure-prompted is a sure sign of being a perceiver. You also have an "all or nothing" mentality which is very common in SPs.

8. 9. Perceiving.

12. This suggests Introversion

13. Thinking before speaking is an introversion trait, and thinking that words may be as good as action is quite reflective.

15. Good for you. Probably means you're a perceiver, again.

18. Sounds like something an SP would say.

20. You like interests with a bit of action in them which is also typical of SPs.

All in all I believe you're just a cool ISFP with a taste for freedom and immersion. This is also very consistent with your childhood memories.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
At it's simplest:

Si vs. Se: Introverted Sensing looks at experiences in terms of your catalogued memories of similar experiences, Extraverted Sensing looks at experiences as they are happening in the present

Ni vs. Ne: Introverted Intuition focuses on making subconscious connections between ideas that you can't explain, Extraverted Intuition focuses on consciously looking for as many connections between as many different ideas as possible

Ti vs. Te: Introverted Thinking means that you want to make sense of your personal world as clearly as possibly, Extraverted Thinking means that you want to organize the world at large as efficiently as possible.

Fi vs Fe. Introverted Feeling means that you want to focus on your own personal sense of values and morality, Extraverted Feeling means that you care about upholding the community's standards.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.