Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I enjoy learning many different things, and that seems like an INTP thing

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I really want to reach and help people. Because...It would make me feel good about myself to help people in a meaningful way.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
I can't really remember a time when I were at my finest, honestly. Bad at remembering past things.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
I have been verbally abused my whole life, and that makes me feel like I can't meet up to the world's expectations of me. I feel like I'm not worthy to be loved by anyone.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I tend to think of how I the decision would make me feel, and how it would make the people around me feel. But I'm really bad at making decisions, so I tend to do whichever will make my wife the happiest.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
Really, starting them is my favorite part. I tend to always have trouble finishing, because I will either get bored, or always correct it.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
The last time I had a lot of fun, I was rapping on stage, and the entire crowd was moving around and interacting with me. It was the greatest feeling ever.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
I tend to just read or listen, and I remember it typically. I don't really do any extracurricular study. If I'm not interested, I tend not to study at all, but as long as we've been over it in class, I'll memorize it. If it's something not inside class, I tend to use an SRS to memorize the information.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
Very unorganized.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I tend to look for information to support it. If I find information that supports it, and it sounds right with me, I will typically believe it until it's proven otherwise to me.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
I find harmony in making sure that everyone is doing fine, if I'm in a group. I dislike conflicts, and will try to prevent them as much as possible.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
It depends. If I'm in class or in a group of my friends, I'll speak before I think. However, if I'm around people I don't know, I will typically think before I speak, especially in a group discussion. I don't speak if I'm not comfortable. And I prefer one-on-one discussions.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I like to know where I'm jumping before I leap. And yes, I believe that action speaks louder than words.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
Tell them that I'm not feeling well and continue watching my show.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I speed up what I do, and try to get everything done much faster than normal. I am also more likely to fly off the handle at someone, or say something mean that I'll regret later.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
People that are controlling irritate me, as well as people that act like they are better than me, or smarter than me, or downplay my intelligence. Also, racists, or closemindedness in general.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
Languages, creating things, and movies

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life
Cleaning, menial tasks, details

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
They say that I'm kind of an asshole when they first met me, but that I am a caring, reliable, great friend. I feel that they are pretty right with their perception. I believe that they would never say that I'm controlling, or a neat-freak, or a jerk.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Creating music, drawing, working on my comic/card game...maybe reading if I have the time.

Reactions: Arrow

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm curious, why ISFP? I still don't completely understand everything, but I've always gotten higher scores in N than in S.

·
Banned
2,458 Posts
I'm curious, why ISFP? I still don't completely understand everything, but I've always gotten higher scores in N than in S.
Intuition is one of those things you need to intuitively understand, it's a paradox.

N has to do with seeing beyond what is, and trusting what it is you see. N has to do with living in the future rather than in the present or past. N has to do with Synthesizing and integrating information from seemingly random contexts -- yet still finding an effective way to integrate that information.

N has to do with understanding and speaking in metaphors, analogies, symbols. With generalizing. With getting somewhat irritated when people point out 'the obvious'. N has to do with searching for the meanings of life, themes of stories, underlying contexts.

It's a difficult one to describe, you can probably find much better explanations online.

The reason I think you might be an S is because your explanations seemed fairly concrete and grounded in reality unlike many Ns. Also, many of your interests and habits seemed to imply you borrow knowledge/tools from elsewhere which, although normally implies the use of Te, in your case probably indicates the use of Se since Te would be your weakest function in both scenarios and Se is the next closest thing (possibly Si).

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, thank you for explaining. That really does make a lot of sense. I like gathering knowledge, so maybe my answers were biased when I took the tests. It's definitely a new way of looking at myself, and I will definitely look into this more. Even if I'm a ISFP, I still can relate well to the INFPs, but we seem so similar anyway, after reading more into the descriptions. I hate changing what I've been saying I am, feels like I was lying, y'know? But, all in all, I can see where you're coming from.

Thanks man.

·
Registered
NiTe 549
5,321 Posts
I hate changing what I've been saying I am, feels like I was lying, y'know? But, all in all, I can see where you're coming from.
Don't worry about the changing. It's just a label, and if you're changing correctly it is only a better approximation of how you mentally function. As a general rule, people are much more than their MBTI.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I can see that. It's not that I feel that it's me, and I am aware it's just a label, but it just feels weird to think you are one label, and relate so well to others that way, and then find out you were slightly biased in your answers, and you're not.

Almost like I've been lying to myself and others around me, y'know?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Then again, after reading the obligitory "You know" forum, it really does sounds more like me lol. I can relate a lot to INFPs, but I think I'm starting to see how I'm different.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Intuition is one of those things you need to intuitively understand, it's a paradox.

N has to do with seeing beyond what is, and trusting what it is you see. N has to do with living in the future rather than in the present or past. N has to do with Synthesizing and integrating information from seemingly random contexts -- yet still finding an effective way to integrate that information.

N has to do with understanding and speaking in metaphors, analogies, symbols. With generalizing. With getting somewhat irritated when people point out 'the obvious'. N has to do with searching for the meanings of life, themes of stories, underlying contexts.

It's a difficult one to describe, you can probably find much better explanations online
Yeah I think N's are those who try to assign meaning to everything in order to guide them in their lives. They want to know the larger context of what is happening and how things are working and being effected.

·
Registered
NiTe 549
5,321 Posts
Yeah, I can see that. It's not that I feel that it's me, and I am aware it's just a label, but it just feels weird to think you are one label, and relate so well to others that way, and then find out you were slightly biased in your answers, and you're not.

Almost like I've been lying to myself and others around me, y'know?
INFP and ISFP aren't necessarily so different. They are both Fi-dom and Te-inferior, which can bring about a lot of similarities in how they think about and deal with the world, and what kinds of things they hold important.

Additionally, I'm not sure I'd discount you on intuition so fast, either. What you should try doing is considering the functions in pairs.

Theoretically, Se and Ni come paired, as do Ne and Si, either of those in whatever order. Let's assume for a moment you are ISFP: your auxiliary and tertiary functions are both perceptive, Se and Ni in that order, so you could still have a decent share of Ni backing your perceptions and ideas.

Edit: I haven't read your original post yet, though; I will in a bit.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh! I see what you're saying. So if that were the case, it would be more IxFP, right? This can get so confusing lol

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
No, thank you for explaining. That really does make a lot of sense. I like gathering knowledge, so maybe my answers were biased when I took the tests. It's definitely a new way of looking at myself, and I will definitely look into this more. Even if I'm a ISFP, I still can relate well to the INFPs, but we seem so similar anyway, after reading more into the descriptions. I hate changing what I've been saying I am, feels like I was lying, y'know? But, all in all, I can see where you're coming from.

Thanks man.
You could be ISFP but why has no one said that you might be INFJ yet? It makes perfect sense. Just look at your cognitive functions for God's sake.....

Ni - Fe - Fi - Ne - Si - Te - Se - Ti

These are cognitive functions of a typical INFJ. Also, you use a ton of Fe. Just look at these sentences....
I really want to reach and help people. Because...It would make me feel good about myself to help people in a meaningful way
Fe users like to help others out and give.

I tend to think of how I the decision would make me feel, and how it would make the people around me feel. But I'm really bad at making decisions, so I tend to do whichever will make my wife the happiest.
So you're decision making process is more based on others. This is so Fe.
The last time I had a lot of fun, I was rapping on stage, and the entire crowd was moving around and interacting with me. It was the greatest feeling ever.
So pleasing the group makes you feel good. This is Fe again.
I find harmony in making sure that everyone is doing fine, if I'm in a group. I dislike conflicts, and will try to prevent them as much as possible.
Fe once again.

It depends. If I'm in class or in a group of my friends, I'll speak before I think. However, if I'm around people I don't know, I will typically think before I speak, especially in a group discussion. I don't speak if I'm not comfortable. And I prefer one-on-one discussions.
Again, you make a lot of your decisions based on the group. This=Fe

Cleaning, menial tasks, details
Not paying attention to details. That doesn't sound like a sensor to me.

You are INFJ dude.

·
Registered
NiTe 549
5,321 Posts
Oh! I see what you're saying. So if that were the case, it would be more IxFP, right? This can get so confusing lol
Well, it's first about figuring out which function is dominant. If you're sure you're Fi-dominant, that will show up through the Te inferior, leaving you with IxFP.

Then it's about figuring out Ne vs. Se, and Ni vs. Si. Ne and Si come paired, Se and Ni come paired. If your functional pairing is Ne/Si, you are an INFP; if it's Se/Ni, you are an ISFP.

It's rather different from trying to muddle through MBTI typing with 16 stark profiles and variables that aren't quite as sensible (J/P is somewhat meaningless, and NSFT often get questions on tests that are biased in one direction or have strange wordings). Cognitive functions tests aren't greatly reliable either, but if I were to go strictly by your results in your signature they suggest xNFJ, which would be either Ni- or Fe-dom, with Se or Ti inferior respectively. I don't see why this wouldn't be a possibility.

You can look at some information on inferior functions around the forum.. let's see, link-finding.

Inferior function in INxJ (Se)

Inferior function ExFJ (Ti)

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
If you are having a hard time between INFP and ISFP I would recommend looking at the definitions of Se and look into if you relate to it. When I was looking into Se I found that I loved the idea of the fun nature of it, but when it came down to it I just couldn't react like they do. They are very in the now, in the present and just sort of do and respond. What is real to them is right in front of them - they live in now. With an N though they usually have to think about what ramifications their actions will have, what will this mean for me? What's happening? What is at work here? They are more in their heads as they interact with possibilities that they are facing or interacting with as they fly out at them. They may daydream and imagine all the time of doing things, but they don't because they are usually thinking about them more then usually doing them. Usually it's Se driven individuals who will just sort of do on impulse, at least that is what I got from the definition of Se.

Se - I pay attention to what is in front of me, what is real is what is happening now and only now, What is tangible to me is what is happening in the present not what is in the past (Si) or what is in the future (N).

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
@Flatlander Looks like I have a LOT of researching to do about the functions, so hopefully I can find one that explains it pretty easily. Although, I seem to remember a pretty good one on the front page, so if I post how I feel about them, mind helping me place them correctly?

@Arrow And how you're explaining Se sounds like how I act now. I used to be really worried about how the past effected me, and worried about the ramifications, but now (After hanging around my ESFJ friend for so long) I picked up a lot of his...carefreeness? Although, when we're together, I tend to be the ramificaction guy. Does that make sense?

·
Registered
NiTe 549
5,321 Posts
@Flatlander Looks like I have a LOT of researching to do about the functions, so hopefully I can find one that explains it pretty easily. Although, I seem to remember a pretty good one on the front page, so if I post how I feel about them, mind helping me place them correctly?
Sure, I can give it a shot.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
@The Great One lol Well, that was pretty friggin succinct

I needed that a little bit, but now I'm more confused....-_- But you are really convincing, I must admit.

What does everyone else think?

@Flatlander Cause I was trying to go through it, but I can't really relate with Ni as much as Ne, but at the same time, parts of Ni fit better than parts of Ne. (i.e. I'm hardly dramatic. Easily one of the most laid back persons you'll ever meet.)

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
lol Well, that was pretty friggin succinct

I needed that a little bit, but now I'm more confused....-_- But you are really convincing, I must admit.
Who was that post intended for?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You, I just edited it. I forgot that it doesn't seem to mention when I click reply on a post. Really weird...

1 - 20 of 68 Posts